Sign in to follow this  

Goodbye :)

Christmas and the entire festive season has a way of allowing people to take stock of things and during the recent holidays I came to the conclusion that it was time for a new challenge, and as such, this will be my last full week at Codemasters before I drive off into a new and exciting race.

I’ve spent my three years at Codemasters working across a number of games and have at some point worked on each of our major franchises but it was GRID that I would ultimately call ‘home’ and as such I’ll take a number of great memories of that time forward with me.

I’m incredibly proud of what we accomplished together, and it’s not often someone in my position can actually say that. The creation of GRID Autosport, a game born from Community feedback itself is something that will stay with me for many years to come. It really was the game that started to change it all and the future of Community involvement in Codemasters titles has never been more prominent.

Whether it was here on the forums, Facebook, Twitter, in-game or somewhere else entirely, it’s been a blast talking with you; hearing your ideas, reading your feedback and in some cases taking the proverbial bullet from you.

Suffice to say that it’s certainly been memorable and I wish you all the best for the future, the gaming world is very small so no doubt we may cross paths with each other at some point in the future, at least I hope so.

Goodbye, and thank you :)

- Ben / Loore

(you'll always be my 5% :P)

Sorry to see you go m8, wont feel quite the same around here without the Loore enforcing the Loore :)

First news of lay off`s now Loore`s leaving :(  Having to watch this happen to one of favourite game devs is heart breaking :(

Marlec said:
Sorry to see you go m8, wont feel quite the same around here without the Loore enforcing the Loore :)

First news of lay off`s now Loore`s leaving :(  Having to watch this happen to one of favourite game devs is heart breaking :(
Not trying to start anything but they only have themselves to blame due to some of their recent choices for F1, GRID and DIRT that did them significant damage.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you are doing in the future Loore.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work to deliver us GRID Autosport, and getting some other features into the game from our feedback. I hope those 'new' people that got on here right after the release just to complain and moan didn't make you feel any less proud about the awesome game you helped to deliver to us. 
The best of luck on your adventure and I'll read what will happen on Twitter.

hi Loore i am sorry too about layoffs , as rastus said we all know your work is not easy balancing between company's profits and the sincerity towards community ... i wish you good luck for your future plans and as you are in my friend's list on steam and you have in wishlist the GTA V to meet you in this bloody game in two weeks..
 *  about GTA V we have to wait until 24/3 cause it got new delayed lol :# >:) :p

Good luck for the future dude, sorry to see you go, must've been hard coping with all of us moaning when things went wrong.

Thanks for all your efforts over the last few years.

That is bad news Loore. Sad to see you go as you were our only real link to Devs. 
I strongly believe that thanks to your efforts to use our feedback we got GAS - the real and worthy Grid successor.
Seeing and hearing what is happening with Codies (which i believe started in 2009 when crucial stuff leaving was for Playground Games, now the news about layoffs), after the Grid 2 debacle, you gave us awesome GAS. Probably one of the most underestimated games of last years - 78% on Metacritic, even less than G2, cmon!
Good luck in your future carrier m8.
BTW: who's gonna swing the ban hammer now? :)

Ok, game has technical issues? Data is corrupted? Antialiasing doesn't work? Let's fire Loore, community manager! Why HQ generator of such stupid ideas doesn't fire himself?

Loore, you're always was patient and grateful. You're the last man I wanted to go. Good luck.

PS. Now you're a player, you can moan with us  :D  

Good luck buddy, the support you've given us is incredible, and I'm sure there won't be another person like yourself to represent Codemasters in the future. I'm sure your next step will be a great one, thanks for everything you've done for the community.

Ok, game has technical issues? Data is corrupted? Antialiasing doesn't work? Let's fire Loore, community manager!
Unless he's lying, which I doubt, nobody fired him. It was his decision to leave.

Ok, game has technical issues? Data is corrupted? Antialiasing doesn't work? Let's fire Loore, community manager!
Unless he's lying, which I doubt, nobody fired him. It was his decision to leave.
Yup, this was all my own decision. You'll still have @justbiglee‌ and @hatta to poke and prod.

Ok, game has technical issues? Data is corrupted? Antialiasing doesn't work? Let's fire Loore, community manager! Why HQ generator of such stupid ideas doesn't fire himself?

Loore, you're always was patient and grateful. You're the last man I wanted to go. Good luck.

Trust me, moaning was something I did quite well :D

Well, I've done a job like Loore's (not in the games industry but for other products) and it's hard work. You feel wedged between the business (who after all pays your wages, so you're obliged to defend them to the hilt) and the customers, who often have very legitimate complaints that you probably agree with but you are employed to try to justify the companies actions to. It can be a very lonely place. For me three years was enough also. That said, I understood that the customers issues were nothing personal with me - and I'm sure Loore understands this too. Loore - I think you should be congratulated, even though there were some very testing questions and times on here you always responded with professionalism and courtesy. Your performance was a credit to you.

As regards Grid AS, what can I say ? I think it's fundamentally a great game and you guys got most of the base design right, but the execution of it was flawed, for many of the reasons everyone on here already know. I think it deserved more success than it has had so far. Unfortunately I'm not the entire gaming public. There's lots of things I liked about GAS, but in particular I thought the build up campaign and many of the teaser videos were great - the team did a great job there.

Good luck in your new job wherever it is - I'm sure we'll see you around !

Loore said:

Trust me, moaning was something I did quite well :D
Imagine a person that has the moaning power of everybody that plays our games combined. That's about 90% of our job and Ben is pretty good at his. :)

See ya Ben, and good luck with your next posting.  Try and keep up the good fight where ever you end up!

justbiglee

Is your work only internet-connected?  And what about relations with press, organization of 
different gaming exhibitions? Are they also your duty?

Well, thanks for the support and everything - our paths crossed here for even less than three years, only a couple of months.

I also wish you all the best for your next challenge. :smile: 

Very smart of you to get off this sinking ship.  Don't look back because it might not be a pretty sight.  Good luck to you as you sail off into the sunset.  ;)