SENNA & PROST RENEW THEIR RIVALRY IN F1® 2019 – Legends Edition, F2™ Confirmed, Cover Art & More

Hi all! As always, you can view this on our Blog here too.

----

Are you ready for today’s exciting news? We’ve got a lot for you today, and we’re putting all in one place for you to check out at your leisure.

Legends Edition

Let’s start this off, shall we? We’re very happy to tell you that the greatest ever F1® rivalry between Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost will be renewed in F1® 2019, the official videogame of the 2019 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. “How”, you ask? Firstly, let us show you in our brand new trailer:

Fancy getting your hands on this? Those of you who purchase the ‘F1® 2019 Legends Edition’ will get to drive as Ayrton Senna in his 1990 McLaren MP4/5B and Alain Prost in the Ferrari F1-90, face-off over eight race challenges, and receive exclusive Senna and Prost themed multiplayer car liveries.

F1_2019_ferrari_1990_01.jpg

F1_2019_mclaren_1990_01.jpg

But wait, there’s even more to this! The drivers’ likenesses have also been added to the Career mode, and you can experience all of this when this edition is launched with three days early access on June 25th 2019 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam).

Yes, this does mean, that you’ll be able to get your hands on the game three days early! We can also reveal the cover art for the Legends Edition, and we LOVE this:

F12019_LEGEND_P4_2D_UKV.png

Anniversary Edition

Like the sound of all of that? Good, though we’re not done yet. For those of you who’ve been along this F1® journey with us for a while, you’ll know that F1® 2019 will be the tenth F1® game from the Codemasters Birmingham Studio, and we want to celebrate that with you! If you pre-order or purchase the ‘F1® 2019 Anniversary Edition’, you’ll receive two race-winning cars from the classic 2010 season; the Ferrari F10, as driven by Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, and Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button’s McLaren MP4-25.

F1_2019_ferrari_2010_01.jpg

F1_2019_mclaren_2010_04.jpg

You will be able to purchase these at a later date, though, and these two cars are also included in the ‘Legends Edition’. That’s, of course, in addition to Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber’s 2010 Red Bull RB6 and many of the classic cars from F1® 2018 which have been retained!

Cover Art

It’s time to reveal the cover art for F1® 2019, don’t you think? Building on the greatest F1® rivalries, the cover art for F1® 2019 has a fresh look focusing on the fierce competition which has been developing over recent seasons. Current World Champion, Lewis Hamilton, and main antagonist Sebastian Vettel grace the cover of this year’s game, though as with past years, we have some different variants, which you can check out in all their glory below!

UK and Global

Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton feature on our main cover.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_UKV.png

Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg

If you’re in the Netherlands, Belgium or Luxembourg, Max Verstappen joins Lewis Hamilton on the F1® 2019 cover art.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_BLX.png

France

In France? Charles Leclerc and Pierre Gasly feature on the front of our French cover art.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_FRA.png

Spain

Carlos Sainz features alongside Lewis Hamilton in our Spanish cover art.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_ESP.png

Canada

Do you live in Canada? Lance Stroll features alongside Lewis Hamilton.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_CAN.png

Australia

If you’re in Australia, your cover art features Lewis Hamilton and Daniel Ricciardo.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_AUS.png

Mexico

Sergio Perez and Lewis Hamilton feature on the cover art in Mexico.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_MEX.png

Poland

Live in Poland? Your F1® 2019 cover features Robert Kubica and Lewis Hamilton.

F12019_ANNIVERSARY_P4_2D_POL.png

We also have a Limited Edition F1® 2019 Steelbook available in local markets via exclusive retailers, and those of you who saw our announcement trailer might recognise a theme 😉 :

F12019_steelbook_packshot_angles-v04.jpg

FIA Formula 2 Championship

Having teased a car in the announcement trailer, which received an overwhelmingly positive reaction you all (and we loved seeing all your comments), it’s time to officially confirm the FIA Formula 2 Championship for F1® 2019. The full 2018 season will be available from launch, and the F2™ 2019 season being digitally added later in the year – complete with online functionality. You’ll be able to compete alongside George Russell, Lando Norris and Alexander Albon before progressing into the current F1® season with their respective teams. We’ve also got some F2™ screenshots for you take a good look at!

F1_2019_F2_reveal_screen_1.jpg

F1_2019_F2_reveal_screen_4.jpg

“Fans can see from the new cover art design that F1® 2019 has a strong theme of rivalry running through it, just like the main sport itself. As such, we are absolutely delighted to have resurrected F1®’s greatest ever rivalry between Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Their rivalry began right back in the 1984 season and reached one of the most dramatic ever climaxes on the first lap of the Japanese Grand Prix during the 1990 season. It’s a rivalry which has transcended way beyond the sport and is regarded as the greatest of all time by F1® fans. We know our community will love that the two legends of the sport have finally been immortalised together in our game.

We’re also extremely excited to be bringing the FIA Formula 2 Championship to the franchise. It’s consistently been one of the most requested features from our community and it comes at a perfect time with the top three drivers from 2018 in George Russell, Lando Norris and Alexander Albon progressing to F1® for this season. We can’t wait to unveil more details on how this is integrated into the career mode in the coming weeks.”

Make sure you keep it here for the F1® 2019 news and details on all the new features, and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. With all of that for you to take a look at, we’ll leave you with some stunning F1® 2019 screenshots!

F1® 2019 Screenshots

F1_Bahrain_Hero_02.jpg

F1_Bahrain_Hero_04.jpg

F1_Bahrain_Hero_05.jpg

F1_Bahrain_Hero_06.jpg

F1_Bahrain_Hero_09.jpg

F1_Baku_Hero_04.jpg

F1_Bahrain_Race_Shot_04.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

that means mark webber will be in the game <3<3<3<3<3<3

and i love the tyre models

Edited by insomniac287

The nose on that Merc, I know it's not the final model, my god that's an ugly nose for a Merc lol

Does the Senna & Prost version contain the Anniversary Edition content as well? 

Can't wait for June!

2 minutes ago, djrabes said:

Does the Senna & Prost version contain the Anniversary Edition content as well? 

Can't wait for June!

"You will be able to purchase these at a later date, though, and these two cars are also included in the ‘Legends Edition’." - Yes, the legends Edition does contain the Anniversary Edition content.

No offence but classic content doesn't sell it for me. Looks good but yawn!

More interested in this custom liveries, F2 and how it fits into career and seeing as you're harping on about rivalries, I'm really (and most of all) interested in how you implement the feelings, pressure etc of a true rivalry - driver to driver and team to team. Give me the sense of tension, determination, ups and downs, highs and lows and a hell of a lot of immersion. That is what I'm about, not classic rubbish!

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, simon2075 said:

"You will be able to purchase these at a later date, though, and these two cars are also included in the ‘Legends Edition’." - Yes, the legends Edition does contain the Anniversary Edition content.

Thank you. Missed that bit 🙂 

Posted (edited)

Love it could you now please add a Jordan 191 from 1991 with schumacher to make it a three way rivalry please?  The German's and Irish would like that a lot 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 2

If anyone buys this for the early access you need to go an see a medical professional immediately... Look at F1 2018 when it came out, it was atrocious!! It still is atrocious, with game breaking bugs that have not, and will not ever be fixed. It’s a common trend with Codemasters and all of their F1 games (and from what I’ve heard, it has carried over into Dirt 2 also) that the game releases whilst it is still in Alpha, then once they release a few patches it moves into Beta and stays there for eternity. Getting F12019 will be like buying a game in pre-alpha for full price. The game isn’t going to work, patches are going to be few and far between and it’ll never get fixed. Here’s my advice, wait a few weeks until it is on sale for 75% (as they always are) or it comes to Xbox Game Pass for free. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 5

Aaaaahhhh this is EPIC My hype meter is flying right now pleaseee let us preoder it nowww 😭😭🙏🙏

wohooo.. im totally hyped about it. The addition of senna & prost is great, f2 is amazing and is hopefully great implemented in the game. Everything sounds more then great!

I truly hope that we get a online coop mode, which would be amazing especially for that rival thing. PLS CM.

I’m so so so so so excited over this can’t wait for the new game it’s gonna be brilliant 👍👍👍👍😍😍😍😍😔😔

@Faya

Will we be able to create our own custom liveries or can we only choose from a set of pre-made liveries?

Nice Trailer, I welcome the addition of F2 into the game! 

• Agree 2

Please Codies, can I just give you everything I own now for the game?😍😍😍

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Amazing news! The screenshots are very promising about the lightning, reflections and post-processing effect enhancements this year. 

I'm curious about which F1 2018 classic cars are being dropped. I hope the MP4-23 and the BGP-001 will at least be there, since they are my favorites to drive with. I hope they will also feature real driving suits to improve the realism. Classic tracks is maybe a step too far, but who knows. Many of the announcements for this new game are kind of unexpected and exciting as well.

I'm really hyped about the customization. Hope it is more than just standard liveries and color selection of them (like the current helmet selection), but can include drawing shapes on the car or even importing images. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, dskxalive said:

If anyone buys this for the early access you need to go an see a medical professional immediately... Look at F1 2018 when it came out, it was atrocious!! It still is atrocious, with game breaking bugs that have not, and will not ever be fixed. It’s a common trend with Codemasters and all of their F1 games (and from what I’ve heard, it has carried over into Dirt 2 also) that the game releases whilst it is still in Alpha, then once they release a few patches it moves into Beta and stays there for eternity. Getting F12019 will be like buying a game in pre-alpha for full price. The game isn’t going to work, patches are going to be few and far between and it’ll never get fixed. Here’s my advice, wait a few weeks until it is on sale for 75% (as they always are) or it comes to Xbox Game Pass for free. 

I agree in most part. People are so quick to overlook the issues of previous games because it's a new game and "I want, I want, I want" mentality. Yeah the marketing is good to lure these peeps in and make them forget but I tell you what...if this game has the bugs from the last 2 games, how anyone can trust them again is beside me. I mean this game has supposedly been in the making for the last 2 years according to Codies so they have 2 years of feedback regarding their previous 2 games (not mentioning all the hugs from ALL previous games that seem to always pop up) to get it right.

For me, and I know Codies won't feel the same as they seem to have this hypnotized crowd who constantly throw their livelihood away for each new game, this is make or break to see if they really care about a solid game or not.

I shall be waiting til later to purchase and see what the reviews are and bugs.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Wesjuh902 said:

Amazing news! The screenshots are very promising about the lightning, reflections and post-processing effect enhancements this year. 

I'm curious about which F1 2018 classic cars are being dropped. I hope the MP4-23 and the BGP-001 will at least be there, since they are my favorites to drive with. I hope they will also feature real driving suits to improve the realism. Classic tracks is maybe a step too far, but who knows. Many of the announcements for this new game are kind of unexpected and exciting as well.

I'm really hyped about the customization. Hope it is more than just standard liveries and color selection of them (like the current helmet selection), but can include drawing shapes on the car or even importing images. 

All of the classic 2018 cars are retained with new ones added from what @faya has said.

Edited by Chromatic

It’s great that the game is going to be released early but is there a point in getting the earlier edition after the state of the game we’ve had this year? I hope whoever gets chosen to test the beta can help in making sure we don’t have game breaking bugs by release otherwise this three day early thing is pointless.

• Agree 2

every year, same story... ok classic cars, i'm happy, i don't make controversy, but, wht is the sense of 2 cars of 1990?? 2 cars of 2010?? if it's possible remake a season (like 1990 for exaple) im happy but need all grid, all 24 cars, not a grid with 10 mclaren and 10 ferrari, or with 20 cars of 10 years different, this it's stupid!

in my opinion, or make all grid of past year (with original track!) or this it's just an useless addition...

(i pray finally this year the game not have a lot of bug!, i don't want classic content if the career it's unplayable like every year!, before make classic content, make a playable game... thanks!!)

• Agree 7

Looks great. Hopefully it one ups F1 2018, as that was really good fun for me.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, skylinegtr34 said:

every year, same story... ok classic cars, i'm happy, i don't make controversy, but, wht is the sense of 2 cars of 1990?? 2 cars of 2010?? if it's possible remake a season (like 1990 for exaple) im happy but need all grid, all 24 cars, not a grid with 10 mclaren and 10 ferrari, or with 20 cars of 10 years different, this it's stupid!

in my opinion, or make all grid of past year (with original track!) or this it's just an useless addition...

(i pray finally this year the game not have a lot of bug!, i don't want classic content if the career it's unplayable like every year!, before make classic content, make a playable game... thanks!!)

This.

I mean, I like classic cars too, but it's kinda boring in that way, there should be a cool context to use these cars at least like a full retro season from a single year will be awesome (my wet dream is actually a 2009/2010 ==> actual career mode, like EA's F1 Career Challenge).

Another thing, I still hope that custom liveries are not multiplayer's exclusives, because that, at least for me, is a game-breaking. Not for the content, but for the meaning: you're orienting the game more on the online than on the single player, I've already seen 2K failing on that, i'll pass.

Edited by pspps1
  • Agree 3