SENNA & PROST RENEW THEIR RIVALRY IN F1® 2019 – Legends Edition, F2™ Confirmed, Cover Art & More

Posted (edited)

Lighting / Reflections seems pretty good this time, hopefully the rest of the 'audiovisual presentation' matches that development too, i.e.:

-official hud (This has been requested by some and or many members of CM's fanbase since 2010.)

-helmet cam (Would greatly improve realism, in combination with a larger 'look to apex' angle of around 0° to 45° this feature might actually be the way to go for the lack of VR content we currently have.)

-mfd placed into the steering wheel (This is one of, if not the only, biggest issue for people who yearn realism. I want to see all of the info inside of the steering wheel of my virtual cockpit whilst looking through the helmet cam and not have to rely on the hud at all when i'm choosing this specific camera angle to drive with. Hope CM does try to satisfy their 'hardcore simulation' fans this time too, casuals got all the toys to play with already, now please do us some justice.)

-more options of dialog in- and outside the car (e.g.: inside; increased 'Jeff options' to choose and talk about, more variations of the same info so that the delivery won't get boring and feels natural, outside; more variations of dialog with all npcs, especially during interviews, please add press conferences and grid interviews before the race as well as podium interviews after the race to the game to improve authenticity.)

-improved engine sound (It's great right now in F1 2018, but it can always get much better, especially for the classic cars.)

-more realistic foliage and environment effects (e.g., foliage such as grass and trees having more detail if the car is at halt next to such objects, rainspray being extremely dense to obstruct vision in a realistic manner + a slider in the graphics option menu to adjust the density of the spray itself to our liking for all platforms, dirt being visibly stuck on top of the visor helmet cam or T-cam for a longer period of time, sparks getting some variation in height and width to add a bit more realism to the overall experience etc.)

Other than that we do not have a proper clue what CM actually have got up their sleeves for F1 2019 as a complete package for now, so a skeptic outlook towards future announcements with a healthy amount of fair judgement is required, aka. 'No hype train this time', or what we Germans are used to say:

'Abwarten und Tee trinken'.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format, new points of idea
  • Agree 1

So just for my understanding. We will get the 2018 F2 seasson and the 2019 f2 seasson will be available later?

the visuals enhancements are really noticeable.hope it plays as good as it looks. 

2 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

So just for my understanding. We will get the 2018 F2 seasson and the 2019 f2 seasson will be available later?

Yes, at release the game will have the 2018 F2 Season. The 2019 F2 season will come a bit later after release.

My hype meter is going up and down. I have trouble picturing the entire game like it's announced today. Sounds like a lot of content and that's great but where is the focus this year? The last two games in the series were so awesome because the focus was on career mode. F1 2018 is in my book the best F1 game so far.

But having Senna and Prost, F2 and as I assume the first shot at making a descent esports multiplayer I wonder how much focus there was on the F1 2019 season. it almost sounds like the the F1 2019 season was an after thought. I really hope career won't be a reheated version of F1 2018. 

Hyped and worried at the same time :classic_laugh:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

-official hud (This has been requested by some and or many members of CM's fanbase since 2010.)

-mfd placed into the steering wheel (This is one of, if not the only, biggest issue for people who yearn realism. I want to see all of the info inside of the steering wheel of my virtual cockpit whilst looking through the helmet cam and not have to rely on the hud at all when i'm choosing this specific camera angle to drive with. Hope CM does try to satisfy their 'hardcore simulation' fans this time too, casuals got all the toys to play with already, now please do us some justice.)

From the gameplay they showed in an instagram story the HUD is the same one of F1 2018 and the MFD isn't in the steering wheel (Is the same one as F1 2018) sadly :(

Edited by Overfl0w
  • Sad 1

Let's hope it will be as good as it looks.

Looks very cool 😎.  Had already preordered the anniversary edition but am really interested to see more information on what the Senna and Prost content looks like.

Eight “race challenges” sounds to me like they could be selected circuits from the current calendar such as Spa, Suzuka, Monaco, Monza etc but really hoping they’re fully fleshed out with AI cars from the same period. Period accurate recreations of those circuits would be awesome but I’m doubtful that’ll be the case. I guess we’ll see when more info comes out 😊

This is a most welcomed approach to the game. Totally caught me off guard on this content. Nice job on getting Prost and Senna into this game! Most fitting indeed! I'd like to see the Imola circuit factored into this equation somewhere though. 

ProstSenna.JPG

Posted (edited)

I know Faya said before that all classic cars from 2018 will return, But in this press release it said that "2010 Red Bull RB6 and many of the classic cars from F1® 2018 which have been retained"

Many doesn't sound like all... And I'm worried about that since i drive 2018 cars in career mode but outside that i mostly drive the classic cars. And i would hate any of theme disappear. I want more old cars from 60s-80s. :classic_biggrin: Well i guess we get two more, Senna and Prost cars!

Also i would love to have som classic tracks.

Edited by Cappachino78

No special cover for Nordic countries with Kimi, Bottas or Magnussen? Not big enough market?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Overfl0w said:

From the gameplay they showed in an instagram story the HUD is the same one of F1 2018 and the MFD isn't in the steering wheel (Is the same one as F1 2018) sadly 😞

Thanks for sharing the info.

This is a sad state of affair, if CM is ignoring this subject once again.

Also, i guess there probably is no link to the 'instagram story' anymore, but if you do know some sources to external archives or captures or even pictures, could you please share them?

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error

Posted (edited)

Guys the game previews look very cool! 

I have a tip for F1 2019:

It would be amazing if you added (fake) sponsors for your customised race helmet.

Edited by StanJK38

23 hours ago, skylinegtr34 said:

in my opinion, or make all grid of past year (with original track!) or this it's just an useless addition...

I'm sure they would absolutely love to do that, but the licensing is pretty much impossible.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Sector4 said:

No special cover for Nordic countries with Kimi, Bottas or Magnussen? Not big enough market?

To be fair, it's just the cover. The game will be the same.

Posted (edited)

The thing to be understood well is: to make a career mode you are forced then to start from f2? Complete it and Then be able to move in f1? You cannot start directly an f1 career and choose a team you want?

im worried about that after an f2 season you can be called from some low ball teams and not start for example from a Ferrari or Mercedes?

Edited by lor1700

5 hours ago, lor1700 said:

The thing to be understood well is: to make a career mode you are forced then to start from f2? Complete it and Then be able to move in f1? You cannot start directly an f1 career and choose a team you want?

im worried about that after an f2 season you can be called from some low ball teams and not start for example from a Ferrari or Mercedes?

I hope we can choose between starting in F2 and F1. That would be the best decission for everyone.

• Agree 2