SENNA & PROST RENEW THEIR RIVALRY IN F1® 2019 – Legends Edition, F2™ Confirmed, Cover Art & More

19 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

I'm sure they would absolutely love to do that, but the licensing is pretty much impossible.

I actually don't know. It may be possible, but it's sadly unknown to us what the contract with the teams actually state. The helmet is technically "your own", but usually teams don't want their drivers to have custom sponsors there.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, UP100 said:

I actually don't know. It may be possible, but it's sadly unknown to us what the contract with the teams actually state.

That's fairly irrelevant when it comes to licensing previous seasons. They've said before they have to track down every old licence and rights holder individually when doing that, and for teams that don't exist any more, whose IP and image rights may have been split up and sold to multiple owners, or who have no clear (or actual) owner at all any more, I expect it's massively time consuming at best, and literally impossible in some cases.

Edited by scottishwildcat

1 hour ago, scottishwildcat said:

That's fairly irrelevant when it comes to licensing previous seasons. They've said before they have to track down every old licence and rights holder individually when doing that, and for teams that don't exist any more, whose IP and image rights may have been split up and sold to multiple owners, or who have no clear (or actual) owner at all any more, I expect it's massively time consuming at best, and literally impossible in some cases.

Oops. Thought you quoted a different person (who was talking about the helmet sponsors). Sorry!

hi, when preorder the legend edition? because search in amazon.it and gamestop but still there is nothing, not even the price.

Posted (edited)

I don't fully understand how the Senna & prost battle is used in the game? We will have 8 race with theme battle it out in track. But is the race only those two drivers and two cars?

Have they said wich version of the game is in the Steelbook edition?

Edited by Cappachino78

On 4/27/2019 at 12:26 PM, SturmDesTodes said:

Thanks for sharing the info.

This is a sad state of affair, if CM is ignoring this subject once again.

Also, i guess there probably is no link to the 'instagram story' anymore, but if you do know some sources to external archives or captures or even pictures, could you please share them?

They posted the video on twitter too, here is the link:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Overfl0w said:

They posted the video on twitter too, here is the link:

Well its quite sad to see that, the hud is same and the driving mechanics dont seem to be updated. Lets hope they will update the driving physics

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, RogerConexo said:

How do you know it's F1 2019 game?

Because it says Castrol on the Halo 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RogerConexo said:

How do you know it's F1 2019 game?

Pretty sure someone like Paul Jeal confirmed it was F1 2019 on twitter.

Edited by karting111
Spelling

1 hour ago, karting111 said:

Pretty sure someone like Paul Jean confirmed it was F1 2019 on twitter.

Ok thank you 

Im can't wait to play the F2 car.To see how it handling.To notice the diference betwen a F1 and a F2 behave in a game.

18 hours ago, Cappachino78 said:

I don't fully understand how the Senna & prost battle is used in the game? We will have 8 race with theme battle it out in track. But is the race only those two drivers and two cars?

Have they said wich version of the game is in the Steelbook edition?

Im pretty sure they will use the other classic cars from the 80s and early 90s as rivals on track for this mode.

—-

I really hope (alongside fixing SC Bugs on online) that they do the right sound for the Ferrari F10 and the McLaren. And not putting the sound of an 2007/08 V8 with higher revs into a car which has lower revs in reality like they did with the Brawn GP.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jaketa said:

Im pretty sure they will use the other classic cars from the 80s and early 90s as rivals on track for this mode.

—-

I really hope (alongside fixing SC Bugs on online) that they do the right sound for the Ferrari F10 and the McLaren. And not putting the sound of an 2007/08 V8 with higher revs into a car which has lower revs in reality like they did with the Brawn GP.

I think you’re right on the money there. I think Codies would love to be able to give us a full season with Senna and Prost with all the circuits and teams from a certain year but licensing would never allow them to do it sadly. 

The press release mentioned eight race challenges so I think you’re right and we can expect a few race scenarios with the cars from a similar era that already feature in the game filling out the rest of the pack (1992 Williams, ‘95 Ferrari etc).

It’s a shame but I don’t think Codies have the freedom they would love to have. 

Personally I’m sticking with the Anniversary Edition of the game as I’m not quite convinced the Legends Edition justifies an extra £20. Don’t get me wrong it would be awesome to drive as Senna and Prost, plus the artwork with them on the cover does look awesome, but until we know for sure the exact details of what the Legends Edition comprises of, I’m a bit reluctant to bite.  

Hopefully we’ll get a lot more detail in the coming weeks as the two trailers we’ve seen so far appear to be more ‘teasers’ than anything else.

Im sure F1 2019 will be great and another step forwards in many ways but my only reluctance comes from what the licensing allows for them to do vs what we’d all love to see in an F1 game 🙂

1 hour ago, stephensmattlee said:

Personally I’m sticking with the Anniversary Edition of the game as I’m not quite convinced the Legends Edition justifies an extra £20. Don’t get me wrong it would be awesome to drive as Senna and Prost, plus the artwork with them on the cover does look awesome, but until we know for sure the exact details of what the Legends Edition comprises of, I’m a bit reluctant to bite.  

well its only £10 pounds that's 10 for getting it 3 days early and gaining 4 cars if anyone has ever played train sim world just to have another loco added on it its costs £11  and a new route cost £25 so for me its a good offer although if you look at a recent post i put you might not get the steel-book with the legends with GAME

13 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

well its only £10 pounds that's 10 for getting it 3 days early and gaining 4 cars if anyone has ever played train sim world just to have another loco added on it its costs £11  and a new route cost £25 so for me its a good offer although if you look at a recent post i put you might not get the steel-book with the legends with GAME

True. I guess most will be on board purely to get access to the game 3 days early. I might pick up the legend edition content later on as I believe Codies have said you’ll be able to get the content separately. Personally I’m happy to wait an extra few days. 

Im really more interested in seeing more detailed information on what will be featured this year and what the legend edition content consists of

Waiting for the day drivers age and swap teams.

Would love to see George Russell move up the grid for example

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Nicko2012 said:

For me, that would be a huge improvement for career mode. 

I mean, how unrealistic having Kimi Raikkonen in a 10  years career and still driving the same team.

17 hours ago, Nicko2012 said:

Waiting for the day people stop expecting this is something Codies can do. It's been said time and time again (in so many words) you'll never see drivers driving for teams they don't drive for in real life. 

I think the very most you can hope for is drivers "retiring" and being replaced with made up names, or ones you can custom create, but even that's a stretch.

Licensing, copyright, sponsorship, whatever it is (I don't know what's what), it ain't happening.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like automatic "race highlights" were announced at an event this morning... though still not actual saveable replays.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, scottishwildcat said:

Looks like automatic "race highlights" were announced at an event this morning... though still not actual saveable replays.

As I said in my tweet and as you can see in the fourth pic, it is clearly written that exports of video to PC will be a feature. 

The only question remaining is : will it be only for highlights or whole race? I think it'll be both. If they created a system to export for a highlight of 2minutes, the same system will apply for a race of 1 hour.