SENNA & PROST RENEW THEIR RIVALRY IN F1® 2019 – Legends Edition, F2™ Confirmed, Cover Art & More

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MaxSpiltz said:

As I said in my tweet and as you can see in the fourth pic, it is clearly written that exports of video to PC will be a feature. 

Yes, but that's video -- not actual replay files, that you can reload into the game and switch views/drivers, skip to a specific lap, etc. That's what other racing games have had, and what people (especially league organisers/stewards) have wanted, for many years. (And it also wouldn't need to be restricted to PC.)

Edited by scottishwildcat

27 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

Yes, but that's video -- not actual replay files, that you can reload into the game and switch views/drivers, skip to a specific lap, etc. That's what other racing games have had, and what people (especially league organisers/stewards) have wanted, for many years. (And it also wouldn't need to be restricted to PC.)

I think it'll be actual replay files, Codies was already on this path with the photo mode. Or maybe you are right and they'll start with the video only. 

how much will the legends edition cost? when the pre order will be active on the legends edition?

9 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

how much will the legends edition cost? when the pre order will be active on the legends edition?

Looking at game.co.uk, the PS4 and Xbox One are 64.99 for the legends edition. PC isn't there yet but I would assume about the same.

3 minutes ago, LetMeThrashU said:

Looking at game.co.uk, the PS4 and Xbox One are 64.99 for the legends edition. PC isn't there yet but I would assume about the same.

on amazon.it and the various shops do not even know the existence of this legends edition

Just now, advanceapple said:

on amazon.it and the various shops do not even know the existence of this legends edition

Game doesn't show it for the PC as well. My guess is because of how new it is, shops need to prepare themselves for it first. I'm sure we will hear more from Codies soon.

2 minutes ago, LetMeThrashU said:

Game doesn't show it for the PC as well. My guess is because of how new it is, shops need to prepare themselves for it first. I'm sure we will hear more from Codies soon.

we'll see, thanks 🙂

58 minutes ago, MaxSpiltz said:

I think it'll be actual replay files, Codies was already on this path with the photo mode. Or maybe you are right and they'll start with the video only. 

I hope you're right... certainly seems like you'd need to implement a lot of the same technology to make the highlights reel.

16 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

I hope you're right... certainly seems like you'd need to implement a lot of the same technology to make the highlights reel.

Well replay saving/loading technology was in F1 2010 for example, but that also didn't mean we would get a proper replay mode or even the same tool for future F1 games.

image.thumb.png.3c9158d1075f5040f4e1fa0c24f65c01.png

Is anyone else really hoping we get a developer diary or two? Would be a good way to show all the hard work over the last 2 years and bring back those hype feels from 2010 and 2011 with those dev diaries! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, JasonWilko said:

Is anyone else really hoping we get a developer diary or two? Would be a good way to show all the hard work over the last 2 years and bring back those hype feels from 2010 and 2011 with those dev diaries! 

Well we got some in 2018, so I expected them to continue for this one.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:24 PM, dskxalive said:

If anyone buys this for the early access you need to go an see a medical professional immediately... Look at F1 2018 when it came out, it was atrocious!! It still is atrocious, with game breaking bugs that have not, and will not ever be fixed. It’s a common trend with Codemasters and all of their F1 games (and from what I’ve heard, it has carried over into Dirt 2 also) that the game releases whilst it is still in Alpha, then once they release a few patches it moves into Beta and stays there for eternity. Getting F12019 will be like buying a game in pre-alpha for full price. The game isn’t going to work, patches are going to be few and far between and it’ll never get fixed. Here’s my advice, wait a few weeks until it is on sale for 75% (as they always are) or it comes to Xbox Game Pass for free. 

Yawn.

Perhaps it's so realistic that some people think its real... 

99% of the bugs reported are phantom, misunderstood or grossly exaggerated by the resident bug hunters. Same broken record every year. 

On 4/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, mortengamst said:

Waiting for the day people stop expecting this is something Codies can do. It's been said time and time again (in so many words) you'll never see drivers driving for teams they don't drive for in real life. 

I think the very most you can hope for is drivers "retiring" and being replaced with made up names, or ones you can custom create, but even that's a stretch.

Licensing, copyright, sponsorship, whatever it is (I don't know what's what), it ain't happening.

Licensing, copyright, sponsorship, whatever it is (I don't know what's what), it ain't happening. <<< all of this happens in fifa, it can happen.

How can you write off something which would give the game huge potential. With new owners in Liberty this could 100% happen in the future.

Lionel Messi playing for Cheltenham, not a problem. Hamilton driving a racing point "ohhh no never ever"

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nicko2012 said:

Licensing, copyright, sponsorship, whatever it is (I don't know what's what), it ain't happening. <<< all of this happens in fifa, it can happen.

How can you write off something which would give the game huge potential. With new owners in Liberty this could 100% happen in the future.

Lionel Messi playing for Cheltenham, not a problem. Hamilton driving a racing point "ohhh no never ever"

Barcelona and others teams might accept it, but merc or ferrari wont ever accept that kind of thing. Also you cant compare fifa with f1, the company thats behind fifa is much bigger then codies.

Posted (edited)

totally agree this would something for the career shuffle drivers around but how could it done in a realistic way (like factors playing into account driver performances, team performances, age, salary ect.. so it's just not happens randomly. this would be very complex and exhaustive to build scripts/scenarios and I seriously doubt they would allow us to make these changes and manually edit the teams seats. 

Edited by Cap10

2 hours ago, Nicko2012 said:

Did codematsres ever said it has something to do with license or it will never happen?

58 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Did codematsres ever said it has something to do with license or it will never happen?

From what i remember over the past 10 years, CM only said that it is difficult to get and manage all the necessary licences appropriately, but never explicitly stated that it is impossible.

(As a sidenote, actually they even seemed to be assertive about the 'official HUD' after the release of F1 2018, due to it being of the hot topics for several months prior to release and its several reappearances over the past 10 years respectively.)

But that was before Liberty Media took over, and these creative Americans seem to have been very open to expand their brand, meaning that the terms of licencing might possibly be easier to spend money on this time unlike under Bernie and his goons.

Money is the only factor that matters at the end of the day.

Because with the right amount of money anything can be bought, for example like EA and their ridiculous annual spendings to get exclusive rights to FIFAs most popular leagues and players.

CM very likely has to take a businessminded approach to this dilemma, if they haven't already:

'Is the demand high enough and or is the price tag valuable enough to take this route of adding more official parts of F1 into the game for CM?'

1 minute ago, SturmDesTodes said:

From what i remember over the past 10 years, CM only said that it is difficult to get and manage all the necessary licences appropriately, but never explicitly stated that it is impossible.

So that "not gonna happen" thing is just assumptions by the customers?

17 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

So that "not gonna happen" thing is just assumptions by the customers?

Yes, or rather it's more like a 'educated guess' by those that try to shed some light to the mystery themselves because we humans are curious by nature.

Still, only CM are able to give crystal clear official answers to our questions.

So whenever someone who is not a CM employee gives their side of info to the public about such complex matters, we should be skeptic by default about its legitimacy.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Just curious, why does the French version have two French drivers, but the British version gets Hamilton and Vettel?

Why not Hamilton, then Russell or Norris?

What about the other nations that have more than one driver?

I can see why, maybe, as the most famous f1 driver Hamilton is the face of the product.

I'm just wondering why France gets two French drivers and we get a German alongside Hamilton?

It would have been a good chance to build the profile of Norris and Russell to the slightly more casual British fan.

Edited by TerryT33
  • Agree 1

F1 2019 have the official HUD 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

1 minute ago, kyrillos152 said:

And this is very very interesting 

swag.PNG

ahhh awesome!

I can confirm that Ferrari will be the fastest car when the game launches because the pace is based on pre-season tests