Sign in to follow this  

Sooo many H-class events

I've noticed this for a while now. Yesterday there were a ton of H-class events, thought I'd wait for it to tick over until today. It did about 2 hours ago and even though there are new events there's still a LOT of H-class events. If my count is correct 53% of the community events (8/15) currently are H-class.if you exclude the current 'bonus' event and the two Sweden DLC events then things look even worse - H-class events make up 8/12 or 67% (two-thirds) of the events. 

In terms of the percentage of cars they make up, again if my count is correct there are 15 H-class cars total out of 43 cars (including the DLC cars), which would be around 35% of the total cars. Excluding the DLC cars the H-class cars make up 38% of the total number of cars, so they're still way over-represented in the community events.

Seem to be very few Rally GT events too.

Something seems off with the community events generator.

• Agree 1

Yeah. It was understandable it in the beginnings, when not many people had Credits to buy other cars, but right now this over-representation is something strange. Especially when D+ events are also often H1/2 still, and that just makes us steer clear of them, cause we already have those cars maxed out.

• Agree 2

I dont mind H-class events as long as its H2 ore higher. I do agree H1 is way to much as the game has been out for a while and new players doesnt need to play the game long to have higher classes cars.(and credits arent hard earned either) I have stopped playing H1 fwd community events as its three cars in the game. sick of them allready and maxed out weeks ago.  
I do mind rally GT events as im playing on xboxone. The FPS isnt good/stable enough IMO on xboxone to make these kinds of speed in this game fun(some locations better then others). Only my opinion as im sure others enjoy it. As i can se on LB, some people are really fast in them but xbox players are not the majority here, maybe a handfull of players as i have seen can make top 100 ore even top 200 on xbox. and those that are, are probably playing on xboxoneX.  

Personally i would like more 2000cc, R5, R2 and A-class community events

• Agree 1

i just mentioned rally GT because that class seems to come up the least out of all, i'm not too keen on it myself but can be fun.

all these H1 events, i mean who wants to drive 3 rallies in the Fulvia or something in a monthly event when it's around 2 months after the game has launched. by now everyone should have at least 1 car in each class or at the very least the majority of the classes except for 1 or 2.

seems that they've just never updated racenet to take account of the fact that it's now quite a while after launch, the game still seems to be generating events as if it was 2 weeks after launch, not 2 months after.

hopefully can be fixed in the next patch.

Edited by Tranzitive

I think H2 and H3 classes are very fun to drive. Today we got 2 H3 RWD daily challenge. 4WD vehicles are somewhat less fun, because they are more stable, but the higher top speed gives another challenge.

• Agree 2

Yeah, people were stabbing in the dark that is was due to the cars being cheap and easily attainable when the game first came out, but it can’t be that as it has been out for over two months now. 

Maybe it’s a glitch in the algorithm that Codies use to generate the community events? 

I initially assumed that the community events would have been chosen by hand by codies but Christina recently mentioned that they were looking into trying to ensure that rain/night community events cropped up less, which suggests they are automatically generated. 

Edited by Pieman99

On a personal note, IMO H3 is the most fun category of car to drive in Dirt 2.0

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

ya, I'd like less of these too, though mostly because H2 and H3 RWD cars are a pain to drive on keyboard, and H1... it's been said haha

H2 FWD I like, but there's only two vehicles in it.

I like RWD H2 and H3. just not all the time.

really dislike FWD H1 and H2 when its a monthly. I dont want to do 20-30 stages of H1 and H2 for a monthly. 

yes we can skip those events but we are trying to grind for credits.

It would be nice if we like had a choice on monthly, like pic h1,h2, or h3, it will never happen but.....

multiple classes to pic from on some monthly events?

Like they do it in freeplay historic rally.

Edited by ch3sty
  • Agree 1

Yes, I believe last month had two H1 monthlies, I tortured myself by doing both of them.  Looks like this months has two H1 monthies as well, which are just wasting space for what could be two much more fun monthlies.  I decided I won't touch this month's H1 monthlies.  I'll just do some H1 dailies at this point.  

• Agree 2

have been away on a business trip so haven't played the last few days. logged in today to see a much greater variety of events and some Rally GT events too.

so thanks to CM for adjusting the community events 😍

fired up the game again today and looks like we are back to H-class events again. that didn't seem to last long at all.

only one of the dailies (excluding the DLC dailies) is not H-class today.

• Agree 2