Sign in to follow this  

how about skip f1 2019 game ...

AND GET THE F things sorted on multiplayer content !

teleporting cars

cars in different maps

lag issues

ai taking control and dont ghost

LOBBYS AFTER 12 LAPS WAITING DIE's BECAUSE WHO THE F KNOWS

should i continue ? WOULD LOVE a reply codemaster really .

• Disagree 1

You know just becaue mp doesn't work great it does not mean the game is bad.
There is people like me who only plays career, i have over 100hours on just career and i can tell you that it wasa great, so why dont you stop complaining  about how bad the game is just becasue the multiplayer does not work correct ?

because multiplayer content is the only fun thing in game just because u can be a loner and play vid games 24/7 solo...... does not mean we all have to .

since 1997 or whatsoever there are online lobby's better then this..

get your s togheter codemasters.

if you don't like it then skip it, but you should accept that there are also players who have fun with it.

Whether a game is good or not is a subjective opinion. Personally, I think it's a great game with a some problems, but every game has problems.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, nlbusted said:

because multiplayer content is the only fun thing in game just because u can be a loner and play vid games 24/7 solo...... does not mean we all have to .

since 1997 or whatsoever there are online lobby's better then this..

get your s togheter codemasters.

Career is the biggest and most popular feature. In the grand scheme of things, very few people play online in F1 games. If you want anti lag online, go to iracing, but then again you'd probably be unhappy with the cost of server maintenance and go on a tirade against them sooner or later. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Oo i wish they charge us for maintenance and IT is 2019 ...again online lobby were better in 1997  

How about i Will sell u a car that has an engine ligt burnjng and Doesnt run smooth do u accept this ?

And again the game is good and fun to play but this online content is NOT acceptabel.

Edited by nlbusted

5 hours ago, nlbusted said:

Oo i wish they charge us for maintenance and IT is 2019 ...again online lobby were better in 1997  

How about i Will sell u a car that has an engine ligt burnjng and Doesnt run smooth do u accept this ?

And again the game is good and fun to play but this online content is NOT acceptabel.

That's the point. I don't have to buy it, and if I do it anyway without informing myself in advance, then I shouldn't complain afterwards.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Also lets not forget that Codemasters have been developing this for 2 years and is a major update. We don't know what is fixed and not fixed until we play it. I myself am another player who likes the offline mode and have had no issues with the game. I myself am a programmer and understand how hard it can be. Why don't you start programming in say C/C++/C# and then tell us how you would fix the issues?

Edited by LetMeThrashU
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, LetMeThrashU said:

Also lets not forget that Codemasters have been developing this for 2 years and is a major update. We don't know what is fixed and not fixed until we play it. I myself am another player who likes the offline mode and have had no issues with the game. I myself am a programmer and understand how hard it can be. Why don't you start programming in say C/C++/C# and then tell us how you would fix the issues?

As a programmer u should not accept half work or is that what u deliver?

There are more then 1000 games ofcourse non of them are bugg free

but this game is unplayable already for 2 years if u speak about the online content this is not acceptable it might be in the first few weeks als startup bugs but then they should be fixed..

1 hour ago, nlbusted said:

but this game is unplayable already for 2 years if u speak about the online content this is not acceptable it might be in the first few weeks als startup bugs but then they should be fixed..

As a programmer, I understand how hard it is to fix some issues. Also, a testing environment is a completely different environment to release. I have had an application once which was unstable and crashed on the release version, but worked on the debug build. I was part of the beta team for Codemasters last year, and I can say they made a lot of improvements to the game. Try making an application with 10,000+ lines of code and making it bug free straight away. Not going to happen. I can also say that the F1 games are likely going to be hundred of thousands lines of code.

Also Codemasters have been working on F1 2017 and F1 2018 the same time as they have been developing F1 2019. Who knows, maybe development has been "slow" for '17/'18 because of all the time and effort is being put into a major overhaul for F1 2019. If F1 2019 is a major update (sounds like it is both feature and software wise), this is because Codemasters have put a lot more work into it than they have for F1 2018.

their all excuses why cant u just understand that 1000 of games are working better then this @ online content * racing is good actually * they should just be able to fix this or replace some of their employees.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, nlbusted said:

their all excuses why cant u just understand that 1000 of games are working better then this @ online content * racing is good actually * they should just be able to fix this or replace some of their employees.

Then try making it yourself if you think it's easy enough. This way, you'll understand. 

Edited by LetMeThrashU

4 hours ago, nlbusted said:

but there are also 100 games that won't work better than F1 games. Codemasters is not the only company with broken online mode in games. Its just how the gaming industry works today.

9 hours ago, nlbusted said:

There are also 1000 games that have good MP but where singleplayer sucks. I buy F1 games for their career, not for multiplayer because there are 1000 games out there that I can play in MP.

I'm glad codemasters delivers a good single player, something that is difficult to find in racing games.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

Codemasters is not the only company with broken online mode in games.

Yep! I had a list once upon a time.

• GTA IV (P2P)
  • Space/Medieval Engineers (P2P/Dedicated Servers)
  • Civilization V/VI (at least) (Probably P2P)
  • PAYDAY 2 (P2P)
  • Prison Architect (P2P)
  • Tropico 5 (P2P I believe)
  • Cobalt (Dedicated and probably P2P)
  • Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising (Depends)
  • Mario Kart 8 (P2P)
  • NHL games at times
  • FIFA games at times

CoH2 also has one quite major thing:

Any differences in the maths, even at the nth decimal place of precision, will accumulate to a tangible divergence in behaviour and ultimately a disconnect

That is from Feral Interactive, the guys who developed the Mac and Linux versions.

On 4/28/2019 at 6:20 AM, nlbusted said:

AND GET THE F things sorted on multiplayer content !

teleporting cars

cars in different maps

lag issues

ai taking control and dont ghost

LOBBYS AFTER 12 LAPS WAITING DIE's BECAUSE WHO THE F KNOWS

should i continue ? WOULD LOVE a reply codemaster really .

How about you just don't buy it then? Skipping a whole season just because someone on the internet is crying about multiplayer is stupid, considering the majority of players only play single player. Multiplayer is far from being the most important aspect of the game, it's just a side-thing. The main focus in F1 games is the career mode and single player, that's why 95% of people buy the games. 

There's more to gaming than just "online". 

To suggest that they should skip the game and fix multiplayer, and prevent people like me from enjoying career mode is just dumb. Maybe they should just skip multiplayer. 

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, nlbusted said:

If you could actually use proper words instead of abbreviations it would make things so much easier for everyone. Grammar is key when making an argument.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, mceci1 said:

If you could actually use proper words instead of abbreviations it would make things so much easier for everyone. Grammar is key when making an argument.

Be aware that this is an international forum with users from all over the world who do their best to type in English. As my name suggests I'm from Belgium so my native tongue is also not English. Don't attack people on their grammar. You can't expect everyone to speak and write English like a native English speaker.

My English is really bad but still I win every argument in English :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

Maybe we consider this: F1 2019 will be the tenth (10) game in the series made by codies. I've played pretty much every game in the series aside from 2015 online, and all of them had their share of problems in multiplayer mode. Some problems have been existing for years now and they were never fixed. I don't think that 2 years of development time means anything at this point.

I am not very optimistic about the future of the online modes, but the new game sold me on the Senna/Prost content, so I think that F1 2019 has a high chance of being one of the better entries in the series.

• Agree 2

On 4/28/2019 at 7:05 AM, mceci1 said:

Career is the biggest and most popular feature. In the grand scheme of things, very few people play online in F1 games. If you want anti lag online, go to iracing, but then again you'd probably be unhappy with the cost of server maintenance and go on a tirade against them sooner or later. 

What is your idea of "Very Few" in terms of the amount of people playing online.

You seem to talk about it as if its a fact , please state where you get this information from .

I only play online , and have found a huge community solely based on this Facet of the Game , with 24/7 Racing happening any day of the Week , Multiple High Level Leagues all over the world on each day of the week etc. etc.

• Agree 1

At the moment I fear the only way to have even stable online would require servers instead of peer to peer. Bugs is a different thing altogether that is what the beta is for 

Sincerely believe multi-player is so hard to get right is because 99% of online players are such complete disrespectful idiots. I'm talking about those who refuse to practice a single lap before entering a lobby and who want to win at all costs without regards to racing etiquette or any basic decent human being quality. Therefore the game devs have to waste so much time and code just trying to make it less of a nightmare for the decent people (who do exist hence racing leagues) that car physics and lag take a back seat. So many people trying to cheat constantly I can see why devs give up after a while. 

Career mode is excellent, especially when you spend the time learning the tracks inside out and removing assists as you get better. Codies pretty much nailed it in the last 2 games. The whole POINT of an F1 series game is that it is supposed to mirror and actual real life season so the career mode is by far the most important. Multi-player is supposed to be the bonus mode you have fun with after mastering the car and race formats, plus become a highly skilled driver. Like real life. 

If you want a boring soulless and repetitive multi-player experience go play GTSport. I ditched that over a year ago. MP might be pretty solid (although never ever good enough for some people) but the actual game itself is sooooo boring. The word GAME folks, is the crucial one. It should be playable and be fun at all times without relying on the ever changing world of online persona.

F2 2017 and 2018 both have excellent careers. Haven't once wanted to destroy my fun by visiting the school playground or sand box. 

• Agree 1

Let me just pre-face this by saying that the F1 games have been my most played driving games to date outside of iRacing and Assetto.  However...

Multiplayer issues aside there are still issues with single player. Difficulty spikes on certain tracks like Bharain and Azerbaijan and then walkovers like Austria.  Bugs persist with inclement weather and the force feedback is still pretty ropey, although a big improvement on last years effort.

I'll most likely buy the next one but if they do the same thing again and just ignore blatant issues I'm pretty much done with the series (not that one person makes any difference to the sales, I'm not that egotistical).  With Competezione incoming with a career mode I just don't see the point in persisting with a developer that is rapidly turning into Milestone.

And re-selling old content as new with Dirt Rally 2 pretty much sums up the type of company they're becoming and that is a real shame.  I've been playing Codemasters since the prehistoric Spectrum days and I really don't like to see them just becoming another "one of those" games developers.

30 minutes ago, JonnyHoonit said:

And re-selling old content as new with Dirt Rally 2 pretty much sums up the type of company they're becoming and that is a real shame

Lets face it. Remastered tracks with new features, new engine and some new assets is not something you do in 2 seconds, is it?