Sign in to follow this  

What are these parts?

I´m missing just two parts in R&D. It´s driving me crazy. Can someone atleast tell med the stats on those parts, so I know what I´m missing out on.

C1019AF4-A214-45EE-A590-9542226BD2C8.jpeg

• Agree 1

Oh maaaan, I need those sidepods! And you got them to level 3 as well, halfway to level 4. That´s insane. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MortenH said:

Oh maaaan, I need those sidepods! And you got them to level 3 as well, halfway to level 4. That´s insane. 

Don't hyperventilate. You won't be leaving other cars in your wake when you get them. It doesn't matter what parts or PI you have, you won't go faster than the rest of the field. You might go faster, yes, but they'll still be faster. It's Codemasters "carrot on a string" trick to get you to spend money.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MortenH said:

That's after 6 months and It was much easier in the beginning to get and upgrade parts.   

I feel for the newer players.  Unlikely I'll see another upgrade of a useful part this year unless something changes.

The bots are always faster no matter what you have.

Edited by StKnowhere

14 hours ago, slayton said:

Don't hyperventilate. You won't be leaving other cars in your wake when you get them. It doesn't matter what parts or PI you have, you won't go faster than the rest of the field. You might go faster, yes, but they'll still be faster. It's Codemasters "carrot on a string" trick to get you to spend money.

13 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

That's after 6 months and It was much easier in the beginning to get and upgrade parts.   

I feel for the newer players.  Unlikely I'll see another upgrade of a useful part this year unless something changes.

The bots are always faster no matter what you have.

Yeah, all that´s probably true, and thank you for the comfort! I just have a bit of the «completionist disease», and I want to have all the parts.

I´ve played this game since just after the Australian grans prix, so I just have to give it a little more time I guess. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MortenH said:

Yeah, all that´s probably true, and thank you for the comfort! I just have a bit of the «completionist disease», and I want to have all the parts.

I´ve played this game since just after the Australian grans prix, so I just have to give it a little more time I guess. 

I have the same disease  😂

In case not aware, those two parts currently come with car purchases: Sidepods with the Ferrari and Airbox with Force India.  

Working on the driver and practicing the tracks will help more than the parts until you hit the 8000 range.

Edited by StKnowhere

18 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

In case not aware, those two parts currently come with car purchases: Sidepods with the Ferrari and Airbox with Force India.  

Are you saying that´s the only way to get them?

20 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Working on the driver and practicing the tracks will help more than the parts until you hit the 8000 range.

Yeah, and I´m doing that.

That´s the area were there is definitely most to gain 😉, if you disregard codemasters doing something to fix the sheer arbitraryness of the game.  

I´m findinng myself practising quite a lot ahead of the events. There is a lot to gain from learning the track and put in the practise.

9 minutes ago, MortenH said:

Are you saying that´s the only way to get them?

No but certainly the fastest way. Unknown if they will be available that way after the update.

The Merc nosecone is the only part that did not show up for me without purchasing a car.

17 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

No but certainly the fastest way. Unknown if they will be available that way after the update.

The Merc nosecone is the only part that did not show up for me without purchasing a car.

Aah... I checked out the store, and I understand. All the liveries come with a bonus, epic R&D part. 

Well since I´ve gotten all the other epic R&D parts in parts boxes, it tells me it´s possible to get all epic parts i parts boxes. 

• Agree 1

I just got the nose cone. That thing makes a world of difference- more so than any other part- stock out of the box. 

I can’t imagine what it will be like upgraded

• Agree 1