2019 Season Update Announcement!

New look. New content. Same goal. 

With Update 5 for F1® Mobile Racing, we’re #ChangingTheGame. 

F1® Mobile Racing gives you the FIRST chance to take your place in the 2019 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, as the official team liveries, driver helmets and updated circuits are added to the free-to-play handheld game, available on iOS and Android.

Once Update 5 arrives, compete against the 2019 grid in all modes, lining up on the grid against new talents like Lando Norris and George Russell, as well as superstars like Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Want to follow in the footsteps of those drivers? Head to the in-game Shop to grab any of the helmets, or add any of the 10 team liveries to your F1® Regulation Car – the F1-TR19.

Team liveries from the previous season will be removed, but for existing Mobile Racing players who have already purchased a livery, they will receive the corresponding 2019 team livery free of charge. For example, if you already own the 2018 Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport livery, the 2019 Mercedes colours will be waiting for you in your Garage after installing the new update! 2018 driver helmets will remain in the game, and you’ll retain any helmets you’ve purchased, but only the new helmets will be purchasable from Update 5.

Launch dates of updates are always subject to change, though we’re aiming for Update 5 to be live at the very beginning of May. It’s the biggest step forward for the game since last year’s launch, so get yourselves ready to change the game.

F1MOBILE-SPLASH-iOS-2436x1125B-1024x473.

It’s been an incredible effort by the team to design and implement the new season’s content into an F1® game quicker than ever before, delivering on another request from our wonderful community – and the new-season content is far from the only thing to be excited about. Players have also been calling for some kind of ‘Career’ or ‘Season’ mode in the game, offering a long-term opportunity to race hard and prove your worth over an entire campaign.

Well, we heard you.

INTRODUCING: SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP MODE

Season Championship is the next step forward for our GRAND PRIX™ Events mode, which has been a huge hit since arriving earlier this year. After some off-season races, the limited-time events aligned with the real-world season, with a GRAND PRIX™ Event taking place during each race weekend. Each event has been self-contained, featuring one-off global leaderboards and prizes – until now.

Season Championship combines all GRAND PRIX™ Events to give all players the chance to compete against the world, throughout this year’s championship. As well as the usual rewards at the end of each event, huge prizes will be on offer to the top racers at the middle and end of the season, including huge currency rewards and exclusive customisation items.

It’s a fantastic way to prove your dominance in the fast-paced, adrenaline-fueled world of F1® Mobile Racing. We can’t wait to see what you think of Season Championship, and to see who’s competing for the top prizes come the end of the campaign! Think you’ve got what it takes?

Before and after launch, we’ll have plenty more to get you acquainted with Update 5, including glimpses of the update in action and information on other new additions and changes. More ways to boost your progress and tweak your R&D setup are also coming, and we’ll be revealing more all week across the Codies Blog, social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) and Codemasters Forums. You won’t want to miss it.

• Agree 2

Great news nice work , i hope this week arrive the update , i whant to play and spend money)))

• Agree 1

I hope you fixed all the ******** that was in the previous version!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just skipped through the video on Youtube:

I was less than happy. It seems that events will now cost 100 credits? Or you buy a season pass (20 bucks) to enter them all. And then there is an additional monthly subscription (6 bucks) that you probably need as this gives you a choice of epic rewards and an extra research slot. Wow, seems like 20 steps backwards. I think I may like the new 2019 cars but this seems like a huge money grab to me. If this is really how it turns out, I will probably stop playing, no way I'm spending that much money/credits on the events and that is the only thing keeping this game interesting.)

Disclaimer: I watched without sound, so maybe I just misunderstood?

Edited by mkymouse
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

If this was the game I first downloaded, I would never have downloaded it. That's a confusing sentence, so let me say I am not going to be paying for annual entry fees nor VIP packages, nor will I be accruing 100 credits a week to pay for entry into a single Event. I would have to make playing a full time job. The great thing about this game originally was that you could use skill alone to slowly rise in the ranks. An official car was the only purchasable item. From this version it seems everything has been monetised. I can assure you Chris, I will no longer be a thorn in your side as I will be parting ways with this game. Sad, because originally the racing was really good.

Edited by slayton
  • Agree 2

Also of note is that Chris has read our dissatisfactions with the game for months. He knows what we have asked for, yet nobody has asked for any of the things incorporated into V5. The most loyal and committed members of the community have been traded for a new market with cash and no idea of what F1 Mobile once was. They might as well have just slapped a price of $50 on the game and I suspect that would still be less than a years projected income per player from Codemasters. 

Anyway, these are all good marketing strategies Chris. I'm sure the bosses will be happy with these initiatives. Shame none of them relate to gameplay or are aimed at your current user base.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, Codies. I’m baffled.

Why not charge $10 (like F1 2016) and give us a relatively complete experience?

Understandably, a $10 F1 mobile game will lack the depth of experience seen in the $60 console/PC counterpart, but I don’t get the rationale behind update 5 pricing. F1 Mobile pricing has gone from $100 (for all cars) to a 35% discount on cars and an additional $40 for all helmets. Now this?

With this pricing approach, F1 Mobile Racing is officially a cash grab—the domain of junk games. Congrats.

Edited by Fierce
  • Agree 1

I'd pay the monthly fee if I no longer had to watch ads of a guy pressing on a female characters lady parts  🤣

430C9F95-3713-4A92-BF06-53BA41CD2F0A.jpeg

I don't get that ad. I'm switching to playing "Touching Lady Warrior Bits".....and what exactly is she wearing around her hips? She's definitely got something strapped on. I think. Unless that's how lady warriors bring the cucumbers home from market.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I always get the ad which begins "start with five farmers" they are all men. The village grows, adding more and more men. There are men logging and mining. Men everywhere. No women anywhere. I think it's called "Man Land, A Place Where Men Can Be With Other Men Doing Man Stuff" 

Edited by slayton

I'm pleased to see the game continue to evolve.  This is a relatively massive change to the shell around the game.  The updates look creative and interesting to me and I look forward to continue to play.

I especially like the multi-setup option - in the real world I am a much better mechanic than driver 😜  Others mileage may vary...

I also recognize if they can't maintain a revenue stream, there would be no updates or support so wish them luck there.  

27 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

I especially like the multi-setup option - in the real world I am a much better mechanic than driver 😜

I'm a pretty good passenger. I'm always offering the driver helpful advice. Often shouted, often poorly received but always delivered with the intention of keeping the vehicle well below the speed limit, ensuring we arrive late, but alive.

There's a badly designed R&D system, which everyone hates and devs putting some kind of fix behind a paywall. lol

This isn't what I had in mind when I thought of what a season mode would look like. This game trickles out F1 credits at such a slow pace and now it costs 100 of them to participate? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Are they trying to push their original players away with this ****? If you're like me and your lap times in these events are getting beat by 10+ seconds, why on earth would I spend 100 of these rare credits to rerun an event? What's the incentive to better my time by even 1 second when it won't put a dent in the stranglehold the leaders have?

Also, does this mean the other R&D attributes actually do something now? It's my understanding that running an aero heavy setup is the fastest, so why would you run anything else?

I'm sure Chris will confirm but I think the 100 to play is if you want to do a retry of previous races.  The race of the weekend won't require credits.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

Also, does this mean the other R&D attributes actually do something now? It's my understanding that running an aero heavy setup is the fastest, so why would you run anything else?

All aero is currently overwhelmingly faster for Quali and when there's no traffic, especially tracks with a long DRS.  Taking a little of the aero advantage out of the game would make car setup and race craft more important. 

I'm not one of the fastest but I have better win success (at my PI) with a more balanced setup for sprints and especially grid races where you need to negotiate traffic and avoid crashers.  It's risky to pass crashers and hard to pass bots on straights since they tend to match your speed.  So being able to compress braking zones, where bots over brake, or take alternate lines and carry higher corner exit speeds helps completing a pass near corners.

Baku was an example where my fastest Quali was all aero.  But swapping some aero for brake an power gave me relatively 2 sec faster times in the one lap races where there were no DRS zones.  I ranked around 1,000 in the Quali but 400 in the races.  I didn't tale advantage of party mode or short cuts which are also amplified with high aero.

Others mileage may vary.

• Agree 1

hi, all the game is beather now after updae 5, but we spend a lot of money.100 box only today....  i whant to race again the event in Melbourn but the car was so slow at the end i get í+10sec... so all the cars ppwer was lost... i play allweys in the front row , so the cars needs beck he power again.. thanks

My opinion for the game after Update 5 is:

GOOD THINGS:

-        Grapics and level of detail has improved form previous version;

-        It is still free, no purcheses needed to play with it. If an user want to be faster without spending time, he can spend money. I like it.

-        Chassis and helmets customization. I love it! I suggest to allow a “custom color palette” where user can choose a precise color, or a wider palette of colors. Also more realistic sponsor logos will be good.

-        3 different setup to choose, very nice!

-        A lot of other thing, I should write pages of good things. Let’s pass to things to be enhanced, for me:

THINGS SHOULD IMPROVE:

-        Control of the car: controlling the vehicle is difficulty, especially when approaching a turn. It is not realistic that a car go often to inner grass of the turn. But it happens often. Game steering assist should be improved to allow players to enter into a turn more smoothly and easyly. If you look at Real Racing 3, you should understand what I am saying. That game have a good player steering assist (IMHO), but a boring and not realistic behaviour when you pass the grip limits, because real world cars braking have a lot of initial understeer, but in RR3 car are always oversteering, and I stopped to play with it because it is boring.

So, for me, control of the car should be assisted more on “rotation” and less on “position”. I try to explain well: if a user in a straigt turn the phone, his intention is for “translate, offset” from its trajectory. In this game you manage it quite well (rotation) , but there is a magnetism to the assisted trajectory that is annoying on straighs (position).

In turns there should be a “rotation” assist that drive user to NOT TURN TOO MUCH. Instead, inside the turn a little increase of tilt angle of the phone should produce an higher rotation of the car, tring to stay parallel to the ideal line (rotation). It’s hard to explain, but driving real go-kart I do not have problems turning steering wheel to take the internal line, until I go under the tires grip limits...

-power penalization for ramming players is a good idea, but should be impreved. The algrithm should be based on “unexpected trajectory change” mixed to “unexpected brake point”, and not on who is behind is penalized.

Needs more time penalization for cutting chicanes after Monaco tunnel, every player cut it because it takes advantage.

-        Actually it is not clear for users that offical cars have different performances. Thinking it’s only an estetic thing, users is buying less official cars than you coud sell. Probabilly you will sell a lot fo Mecedes when all will know that they will race faster.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@TurboNitroFlame 2019 spec cars currently have the same performance because of the same chassis. Before Update 5 i have seen differrenxe between custom cars and i.e Williams FW41.

I have the other question: How hard may be fixing bots... Currently we have duels with bots...

Edited by mattzd
  • Agree 1