Sign in to follow this  

Multi-Setup - Coming to F1® Mobile Racing in Update 5

It’s time to reveal another new feature coming to F1® Mobile Racing in Update 5! And, we’ve gotta say, this one is one our favourite additions to the game so far – mostly because of how it came to be.
Ever since launch, even way back when we asked players to fill out our game survey, the team has been committed to adding content into the game that players want to see. Throughout all of our plans for F1® Mobile Racing, we allow time and resources to react to ideas and requests from players – and the Multi-Setup feature for Update 5 is a great example of this.

Whilst the depth and complexity of the R&D system has been received well, we know you guys have been asking for more ways to tailor your setup for every event.
Multi-Setup for R&D allows players to create up to three different setups from their entire inventory of car parts, and then select their chosen setup just before the beginning of any race. Here’s how it works:
In the R&D tab, you’ll now find the option (on the left-hand side of the screen) to create and save up to three different setups. These extra setup slots are unlocked as you progress through the game.
Treat each setup slot like normal: pick your chosen parts, try to max out your R&D points limit and make tweaks to find the right balance. Any R&D card can be used in multiple different setups, so you can get the most of out of those Epic parts.
When you jump into a race across any mode (Single, Duel, GRAND PRIX™ Event), during the loading sequence, you’ll be able to choose which setup you want to take into the race. The performance characteristics of each setup will be visible at this stage via the spider graph, so you’re sure which setup you’re choosing. You’ll normally have around five seconds to make the decision on which setup to use before the race starts.
It means you can not only experiment with different performance characteristics for your car; you can also pick a setup after finding out what kind of race you’re about to take part in. Created a loadout of parts that focuses on handling over power? That may come in handy when you race at Monaco. About to jump into a race at Monza? A setup with plenty of parts that help with speed and braking could be vital.

We’re currently planning out a way to show everyone how the system works in the game before launch, so keep an eye on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
Multi-Setup helps you take even more control of your experience in F1® Mobile Racing, which can only be a good thing. It’s inspired and driven by the advice given to us by you, the players, and we can’t wait to see what you make of it!
  • Agree 2

braking around monza?

thats a joke considering monza only has 1 heavy brakezone, 2 lights and 1 medium

This is kinda useless since aero is the only one that matters. You can run 0 brakes and low power and still easily win races on any track.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

This is kinda useless since aero is the only one that matters. You can run 0 brakes and low power and still easily win races on any track.

At least for me - true for most Quali but not always the optimal, especially when there is no or very limited DRS.  The Baku races were an example where trading aero for power helped my lap times those 3 races.  I was around 1,000 in the Quali with all aero but moved up to 400 in the races with a higher power setup.  But I'm 5 sec slower than the leaders so your mileage may vary.

A more balanced setup helps me win more grid and sprints by giving more control to avoid crashers, help passing as well as keep SR a little higher.  That does hurt me in a Quali against an all aero player.

I'm sure the top players will find new ways to take advantage 👍

Edited by StKnowhere

11 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

A more balanced setup helps me win more grid and sprints by giving more control to avoid crashers, help passing as well as keep SR a little higher.

You have to explain this a bit more. How does a balanced setup help you avoid crashers and help in passing?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MortenH said:

You have to explain this a bit more. How does a balanced setup help you avoid crashers and help in passing?

By hanging behind to reduce the risk until you can pick a safer place to pass.  Often at a turn where better handling/braking/acceleration helps take a line an all aero car can't. 

Lately it seems 80% of the crasher opponents then just punch out if you out fox them (DNF).  

AI in this version are usually decent about moving off line if you attempt a clean pass.  They tend to over brake slower turns.

All this may just be my imagination 😁

Edited by StKnowhere

Posted (edited)

It seems to me that a high Aero setup tend to give a high Handling as well, as many of the high Aero parts also give high Handling. I run high Aero/Handling, with a performance indicator at ca 1180. And over 800 of that is from Aero/Handling alone, a bit more on Handling than Aero actually.

Most opponents I face either have a high overall score, they prioritize high performance indicator over any one characteristic, or they have high Power and Braking. I think I´ve seen a similar setup to mine only two or three times. If I were to prioritize high overall performance indicator score, I could probably get it up to 1300, but when I´ve tried that I haven´t managed to do the laptimes I do with high Aero/Handling. 

Edited by MortenH
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I don't disagree.

My top  - balanced/aero/handling

I suspect a lot of the upper level racers use the first.  Handling with more brakes would probably be useful for Monaco.

8AC5425D-6B1A-4C3A-932C-620500BF6962.jpeg

2175B8BF-A611-4765-9A52-3BC5F88DA861.jpeg

89DD1EC3-C3D4-4215-83E5-3B43ED69A81D.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

Multiple setups is nice and all, but most will not take full advantage of it. 

Really wanna upgrade the game?  Fix the contact/collision issues.

6 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

I don't disagree.

My top  - balanced/aero/handling

I suspect a lot of the upper level racers use the first.  Handling with more brakes would probably be useful for Monaco.

I would bet you the third setup will be superior on as good as all tracks.

Brakes makes no difference, and neither does power. Test it out!

• Agree 1

Every lap record I have done has been set with full aero. I can't beat them on any track with maximum power. I won't be using this feature. Not even if they include the Indy 500 Oval. Aero would still be my choice.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, slayton said:

Every lap record I have done has been set with full aero. I can't beat them on any track with maximum power. I won't be using this feature. Not even if they include the Indy 500 Oval. Aero would still be my choice.

That's what I'm saying. You can see on the Reddit thread for the events that a full aero setup produces the best lap times the game will allow you to have. There's no reason to run anything else. It's as close to "proof" that we can get. A multiple setup feature is a nice thought, but dev time could have been better spent elsewhere, like making some of these other R&D attributes actually do something.

The devs should spend some time on the Reddit thread so they can see the disconnect between designing what they think people want (ie cosmetic helmets) and how people are actually playing this game.

Edited by xdakota80x

10 hours ago, slayton said:

actually if they did the oval, all the more you will want max aero

you want the top speed no?