Sign in to follow this  

What determines the AI setup for the bots?

What stat on my account determines what the stats are for the AI race cars when I end up dueling against one (or 19)?  Or is it completely random?

When I get matched up with a car that has 1000 more trophy points, an extremely low car rating, and doesn't have to adhere to the same rules that I do, its impossible to win, extremely frustrating, and a load of ********.  The AI on a grid race can get bumped into the wall or the grass and never slows down... at all... i see it happen up ahead of me frequently.

New one today... I'm accelerating through 195mph when a bot passes me like I am standing still, moves over directly in front of me, then slows down to match my speed.

Note to players - if you are setting great lap times and losing every duel, quit playing for a while.  Wait until later in the day when there are more people playing.  You will actually get to race against people that have to follow the same rules as you, rather than AI that does not.

• Agree 1

That sounds normal for the game.  Seems at least some of the bot's are always faster, sometimes all.

Just yesterday, I hit party mode at Sector 3 in Baku and was cruising along at 217 MPH/350 KMH when 3 bots passed me 🤣  

Very seldom do I finish 1st against bots in a grid start game. But the balance now is much better than it was in the past. They usually are passable and keep you on your toes.

IMHO some of this game strategy  may be the French influence that tends to normalize groups rather than recognize individuals.

Lower SR also seems to get you more real opponents - who help to keep your SR red 😜

Grid starts seems to be te biggest problem in my experience. All bunched up, there is bound to be contact. But I´ve seem to have stumbled on a way to avoid grid duels. Just manage your challenges, by either completing them or skipping, until you only have grid start challenges. I think all my challenges has been grid starts for maybe 10-15 duels now. None of them  has been grid starts. It´s marvelous. I´ll let you know if it keeps up. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Stageguy said:

What stat on my account determines what the stats are for the AI race cars when I end up dueling against one (or 19)?  Or is it completely random?

When I get matched up with a car that has 1000 more trophy points, an extremely low car rating, and doesn't have to adhere to the same rules that I do, its impossible to win, extremely frustrating, and a load of ********.  The AI on a grid race can get bumped into the wall or the grass and never slows down... at all... i see it happen up ahead of me frequently.

New one today... I'm accelerating through 195mph when a bot passes me like I am standing still, moves over directly in front of me, then slows down to match my speed.

Note to players - if you are setting great lap times and losing every duel, quit playing for a while.  Wait until later in the day when there are more people playing.  You will actually get to race against people that have to follow the same rules as you, rather than AI that does not.

very simple

any setup that has 3000 PI or higher is what i bet

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MortenH said:

I´ll let you know if it keeps up. 

Weeell, there goes my theory. I just got three grid start duels in a row. 😞

And now my safety rating is **** again. Never fails.

5 minutes ago, WongYewXuan said:

very simple

any setup that has 3000 PI or higher is what i bet

3000 PI? Is that possible? 😮 How long have you been playing? And what level are your epic parts?

Edited by MortenH

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, MortenH said:

Weeell, there goes my theory. I just got three grid start duels in a row. 😞

And now my safety rating is **** again. Never fails.

3000 PI? Is that possible? 😮 How long have you been playing? And what level are your epic parts?

the BOTS are the one with 3000 PI. their only setup is any one that exceeds 3000 PI is what i mean

i mean come on, look at their ridiculous speed

Edited by WongYewXuan

6 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

the BOTS are the one with 3000 PI. their only setup is any one that exceeds 3000 PI is what i mean

i mean come on, look at their ridiculous speed

Aaaahh... of course, I see what you mean. 

I don´t think the AI cars have a PI though, I think they are coded with different parameters. And after all, you are not really racing the AI cars, just your opponent. The best you can do with AI cars is avoid them. That not always so easy to do though. I´ve seen my share of crazy AI car behaviour. Like grinding you off the road, ramming you from behind into a corner, «parking» on the apex of a corner in front of you, etc. But they do seem to be better behaved if you have higher SR.