F1 2019 Presentation in Hamburg - German Video on YT

1 minute ago, stephensmattlee said:

Does sound very intriguing. Maybe there could be cutscenes interwoven throughout the full season that set up certain scenarios for a story aspect. Perhaps a cutscene where a rival is particularly harsh and putting you and your team down and your job is to better him during the race?  Maybe I’m reading into it a little too much but that’s just one idea I can picture 😅 

There will be a story, and in F1 for example  Hamilton could say: Yeah, Nick is a really nice guy, he has bright future ahead I think, hes doing a great job! Or Verstappen could say: He is an idiot. He cant even finish a race! Yeah sounds a bit weird haha. But you know what others are saying in interviews and you have a relation to them

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, vpilotnick said:

As far as I understood, there will be a full season of F2, and you just battle your rivals on 3 different scenarios. But I dont no whats meant with the 3 scenarios. No idea

I just watched other videos, and some are saying you are really just gonna do 3 races with F2 in career. If thats the case, I will be HIGHLY disappointed

Cant wait for official codies video

Finally the official HUD!

But I really don't like the fake drivers on F2 replacing F1 real drivers (unless it's made with a lot of criteria)

46 minutes ago, vpilotnick said:

I just watched other videos, and some are saying you are really just gonna do 3 races with F2 in career. If thats the case, I will be HIGHLY disappointed

Hey,

I am uploading a video right now. It is an interview with Lee Mather (Game Director). He says that there are three Event Races. But that does not mean there are only three races in Formula 2. You can race the whole Formula 2 Season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robi2003 said:

Hey,

I am uploading a video right now. It is an interview with Lee Mather (Game Director). He says that there are three Event Races. But that does not mean there are only three races in Formula 2. You can race the whole Formula 2 Season.

And in career? Whole F2 season in career? Or can you just do a whole F2 season in championship mode and the 3 races are for career? Sry

Posted (edited)

Disappointing to know there isn't classic tracks in this one and the Senna & Prost rivalry isn't is great as codemasters make it out to be. Hopefully some of the 2013 classic tracks can make it in future with a few additions. Apart from that the game looks promising. 

Edited by Chromatic

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kyrillos152 said:

and there is a confrimation of official tv graphics boys

Hmm... wouldn't get too excited yet, that could still just be the official pre-race broadcast graphics they've had for years. Haven't seen any other screenshots of them being used anywhere else, but we'll see in due course I guess...

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1

Looks like Lee has confirmed it on Twitter. The F2 part of career mode will indeed only be 3 events with a narrative that leads to the full F1 season with your rivals from F2 also joining you.

Must admit I’m a little surprised and disappointed at this, guess all will become clear as more is revealed but I think a lot of us had the idea that it was going to be a full F2 season and then lead into F1 (or at least would be given the option of having a full F2 season or not).

We can however do a full F2 season in Championship mode but from the sounds of things not in the main career mode. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, stephensmattlee said:

Looks like Lee has confirmed it on Twitter. The F2 part of career mode will indeed only be 3 events with a narrative that leads to the full F1 season with your rivals from F2 also joining you.

Must admit I’m a little surprised and disappointed at this, guess all will become clear as more is revealed but I think a lot of us had the idea that it was going to be a full F2 season and then lead into F1 (or at least would be given the option of having a full F2 season or not).

We can however do a full F2 season in Championship mode but from the sounds of things not in the main career mode. 

Absolutely dont understand why but its rly big dissapointment :classic_sad:

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Absolutely dont understand why but its rly big dissapointment :classic_sad:

I kind of understand them not wanting to distract too much from the main feature of the game, which is F1, but I think it would be the best compromise to keep people happy if they gave us the option of having a full F2 season or “mini-season” when you start the main career mode.

i guess the main focus is on the narrative/story that sees you progress from F2 to F1 but does sound like its going to be a quick transition. Having to select a driver academy to join at the beginning does sound very cool though. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Robi2003 said:

Hey,

here it is...

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

Hmm... wouldn't get too excited yet, that could still just be the official pre-race broadcast graphics they've had for years. Haven't seen any other screenshots of them being used anywhere else, but we'll see in due course I guess...

Actually we have seen an image of spectator mode with the official graphics on some other thread I believe.

maybe the full f2 seasson in career comes with the 2019 update later the year?

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Actually we have seen an image of spectator mode with the official graphics on some other thread I believe.

I believe the full official graphics will only be available in spectator mode, in fact. During gameplay, it will be the HUD that we saw in that screenshot from a recent video, which looks almost like the F1 2018 HUD

7 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

I believe the full official graphics will only be available in spectator mode, in fact. During gameplay, it will be the HUD that we saw in that screenshot from a recent video, which looks almost like the F1 2018 HUD

I hope the official hud is also available during gameplay and replays... Would be a big bummer if only available for spectator mode. We‘ll find out soon I guess.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

I hope the official hud is also available during gameplay and replays... Would be a big bummer if only available for spectator mode. We‘ll find out soon I guess.

In one of the screenshots of the spectator mode you can see the bottom part of the official leaderboard. Example:

V9hLNA0.png

In another, during actual gameplay, you do not see that.

kVXv7w3.png

Edited by HDR10

18 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

This is fine by me as the broadcast graphics would have to be modified in order to really work while playing the game. At least in my opinion 😛

16 hours ago, kyrillos152 said:

and there is a confrimation of official tv graphics boys

swag.PNG

yea i seen that the F1 broadcast rebrand thats so awesome to alot of people they wont think its a big deal but to me a real die hard fan of the sportand the franchise it brings a HOLE lot more to the career mode great job codmasters

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I’m going to say that this year we will have the official style graphics for the post race results as well as a similar style even for the main menus of the game.

I know in the gameplay snippets from Albon and Ricciardo we could still see the old hud but one thing that stands out to me this year is the font for the screen on the steering wheel in yesterday’s footage.  I know it’s not much but for quite a few years Codies have been very repetitious in using the same font everywhere, for the main menus, in game hud, and of course on the steering wheel screen too.  My guess is one of the reasons they never implemented the official graphics last year was because they’d have to replace a lot more than just the hud to give the game a coherent look.

To me if you look at the font they’ve opted for for the gear change number on the screen in the gameplay videos, it’s definitely different from last year. It’s just a small hunch but also given the fact that they’ve intentionally not allowed any of the press to record any of the actual gameplay from the Hamburg event makes me feel that we will see a new hud this year. Whether it’s identical to the tv graphics remains to be seen but I do think it will be much closer to it for F1 2019 😊

Edited by stephensmattlee

11 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

I’m going to say that this year we will have the official style graphics for the post race results as well as a similar style even for the main menus of the game.

The post that is 2 post above of your one has images where you can see the post race graphics and the spectating graphics 😛

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

The post that is 2 post above of your one has images where you can see the post race graphics and the spectating graphics 😛

Haha very true. I think it’s pretty much confirmed it will be included for the spectator mode. I do have a hunch it will be included in the main gameplay as well though and possibly in the race replays for career mode. Just a hunch though 😌

I am wondering where all that fog comes from. Do they use one climate model for all tracks? I get the use of that amount of fog for the Red Bull Ring and Spa, but also for the street circuits? Or is it used to hide the low-detail models of distant objects?

Check the videos for comparison:

Game

Real-Life F1

The same for Baku. Game:

Real-Life F1

• Like 1