F1 2019 Presentation in Hamburg - German Video on YT

Posted (edited)

Just found this Video with lots of ingame footage from the F1 2019 presentation day in Hamburg.

Jan Ole Waschkau presents the content in german.

Orignal F1 TV graphics are confirmed 🙂 ! Physics seem to be much improved as he also tells in the video.

Jan Ole also is part of the german F1 podcast "Starting Grid" that I can recommend highly!

--------

UPDATE

Summary of the presented news:

Formula 2 is in the game with all 2018 races.
Later 2019 season will be deliverd with an update (including Mick Schumacher and the rest of 2019 F2 drivers)

F2 is integrated in the career mode.
You will have to compete against two KI-Drivers in 3 different scenarios, that take place over the 12 race-Weekends of 2018 F2 season.
Jan Ole compares the storyboard of the carreer rivalry with the old cm game "DTM Race driver". The two KI drivers will also folow you, when you step up into F1.

Interviews in career mode are improved. Other drivers are also talking about you now and you can see how your reputation is among them.

As stated already above, the real TV grafics are now in!!!

Driving Physics seem to be massively improved. Jan Ole tested with gamepad and with the new Fanatec F1 rim. Was a real challenge he says.

League racing: You can setup leagues in the game itself and watch and stream league races within F12019. Theres a voting system against cheaters/rammers.

You can design your own car for online racing and get gloves, suits and helmets to personalize your own character. You pay with earned credits.

There will be weekly events / grand prix in the esports-section of the game.

2010 McLaren and 2010 Ferrari are the new classic cars as already stated in earlier news.

Also Sennas and Prost cars are in. Don't know, if you can drive the cars also online or in single races or only in the Senna / Prost scenarios.

No classic tracks.

The development phase was really 2 years, since another team was hired to take care of F1 2019

Jan Ole says he feels like its the biggest step up of the series since years. In his F1 podcast he was always not sooo enthusiastic about the plder games,

but he says F12019 feels like an extremely complete package. He says graphics are much improved and hes looking forward very much for the game.

All these points do not represent my own opinion or my own state of knowlege around F1 2019. I only tried to translate the main cintent of the linked YT video.

Hope that helped a bit.

Have a nice day

Edited by heideldrum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

From what I saw from earlier screenshots it doesn’t fully represent the official HUD graphics or is this gonna be added at a later date?

• Agree 1

thanks very much for the details,

regarding:

" F2 is integrated in the career mode.
You will have to compete against two KI-Drivers in 3 different scenarios, that take place over the 12 race-Weekends of 2018 F2 season.
Jan Ole compares the storyboard of the carreer rivalry with the old cm game "DTM Race driver". The two KI drivers will also folow you, when you step up into F1. "

the main thing to discover is now: you can skip at all F2 and jumps directly in F1 choosing also a top team in the start? (ex: Merc or Ferr)

Theres also an english preview
Already posted in another thread but I thought I bring it here also

You will have to compete against two KI-Drivers in 3 different scenarios. What that means? I hope we could create our own avatar and start career in F2, what means that 3 different scenarions?Iam little bit affraid

Should be something like young test drive to see which F2 team we can start season. I think.

• Agree 1

If yes, it will be awesome

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Neomo said:

You will have to compete against two KI-Drivers in 3 different scenarios. What that means? I hope we could create our own avatar and start career in F2, what means that 3 different scenarions?Iam little bit affraid

3 scripted scenarios will be the whole F2 "career" if I understood it correctly. Sounds disappointing to me.

There will be fake drivers to replace the F2 guys going in F1? I mean, make Vettel, Hamilton and Raikkonen retire in 3/4 seasons, then guys from F2 will replace them and fake drivers will replace Che drivers in F2

The info on these "scenarios" in F2 were very sparse in the video. So I think we have to wait and see how this was meant.

9 minutes ago, TomskiPl said:

Holy mother of lighting! 😍

Bez nazwy-1.jpg

more lighting is better? ( I don't understand much about this) but I would like to say that I prefer 2018 side.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, TomskiPl said:

Bez nazwy-1.jpg

I was quite critical of how the dark tracks like Bahrain and Singapore looked last year but I’m very happy with how they’re looking in F1 2019. Visuals are looking very solid indeed 😁

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, TomskiPl said:

Bez nazwy-1.jpg

I'd argue the 2019 screenshots look a bit hazy. They're absolutely more realistic compared to 2018, but I would have preferred a middle ground - like in the screen shot from real life I've attached.  

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 13.43.33.png

• Agree 1

I agree,

It seems a bit foggy but it's a good improvement anyway. Maybe they can tweak a bit.

Here are some more videos:

and listen to the sounds :classic_blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did I understand this correctly: We dont get to play a full season of F2? Its just "three formula 2 experiences"? So before the player can choose a F1 team he will play 3 Events with F2 cars to determine wich Teams offer him seats in their academy?

5 minutes ago, fraggi said:

Did I understand this correctly: We dont get to play a full season of F2? Its just "three formula 2 experiences"? So before the player can choose a F1 team he will play 3 Events with F2 cars to determine wich Teams offer him seats in their academy?

As far as I understood, there will be a full season of F2, and you just battle your rivals on 3 different scenarios. But I dont no whats meant with the 3 scenarios. No idea

1 minute ago, vpilotnick said:

As far as I understood, there will be a full season of F2, and you just battle your rivals on 3 different scenarios. But I dont no whats meant with the 3 scenarios. No idea

Does sound very intriguing. Maybe there could be cutscenes interwoven throughout the full season that set up certain scenarios for a story aspect. Perhaps a cutscene where a rival is particularly harsh and putting you and your team down and your job is to better him during the race?  Maybe I’m reading into it a little too much but that’s just one idea I can picture 😅 

Looks promising.I hope we will have to chance change resolution between race and highlights after race.Replay doesnt looks good on triples so i prefer to llok it on FHD. But still i missing a lot of rubber and dirt out of ideal line