Didn't we already complete Baku last week? Why is it not in my completed list? Is it just me? If the Event coincide with the actual race, why are we doing it this weekend?

Okay, now I read that they're promoting this as an exciting new re-run! How is this exciting for those of us who spent a week practicing, then competing and often using credits to improve our times? Plus there's a whole new set of rules on track, going over a ripple strip is corner cutting. I've been doing a few test runs and I'm 10 seconds off last week's pace. 

Mine is blank also, not sure what will happen if you don't do a re-run.  

Given the cars and track are significantly different mixing result wouldn't be right.

I'm about 2 sec slower, but I was 10 sec slower than the top Quali times before.

I'm on attempt 50 to do Q2. Muscle memory has to be over ridden to stop me cutting the corners closely. That's now a penalty. And I'm going into turn 1 blind, since the ghost car blocks my view. 

The track seems wider and/or car smaller.  Same for Monaco. 

I'm waiting until tomorrow,  the Eastern European guys will probably find the best car/setup by then...

Posted (edited)

Well, there I was feeling hugely letdown by my poor lap time and now I see why. Good to see that the cheats are still enjoying the game.

Can any mods tell me if these times are considered legitimate and if not, will they be rescinded?

ACF3A6D3-1719-400C-9F58-13265A7C6CE6.jpeg

Edited by slayton
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Well, there I was feeling hugely letdown by my poor lap time and now I see why. Good to see that the cheats are still enjoying the game.

Can any mods tell me if these times are considered legitimate and if not, will they be rescinded?

ACF3A6D3-1719-400C-9F58-13265A7C6CE6.jpeg

I’m quite intrigued. A 1:05. Missing sector perhaps. My fastest time has been 1:35.0, so maybe they are missing the first sector?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

5I ended up a second faster than previous event using a mixed setup.

F0303D34-095E-40FD-B1A4-3C824D06FF9A.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

Posted (edited)

I've just started my first attempt at race 1. I'm on the front row of the grid, perfect start but I'm around 3rd or 4th going into the first corner. Tried all three set-ups, aero, power and balanced. But they are so much faster! I don't recall anything like it from previous events. By turn 4 or 5 I quit since the lead car group are 30 seconds in front and I have no chance to catch up. And being rear ended when braking at the end of the main straight seems cruel.

Found a way to grab the lead. Full lightweight. Held off bots until lap 2. LAP 2??? Last week this was a 1 lap race. There is no way I can win against super fast cars over 3 laps. I was ready to give V5 a fairly high score overall, but Events are all I have to enjoy now.... I should say "were" all I enjoyed. I have 9,999 trophies. I have more XP Points than I comprehend. I have nothing left to compete for.

Edited by Dr Zaius

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the heads up, same problem here, just finished.  

It took a few tries but for the grid race I aggressively blocked off the line.  

Bot's kept ramming me from behind giving me engine slow downs, what total BS...

I managed to get a 1 sec gap in Sector 3, a bot almost caught me the third lap but managed to hold him off.

I had full steering and stability assists on, have no interest to do this more than once.  Happy I managed to complete all 9 laps without touching a wall 🤣

B2A0A9C4-A2E9-4F77-8E52-C4E36EB481CB.jpeg

5360B3B1-6F3A-4D72-AD9D-0AD02C1B1E06.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

Posted (edited)

I don't stand a chance. Don't understand it. I'm rear ended despite a perfect start every time, giving me an engine stall. I'm in P6 by turn 1. Then I keep making contact with other cars or they push me into the wall. Last week this was a top 300 gold finish, now I can't complete a race.

Edited by Dr Zaius

Super frustrating.

In previous races, the Grid Bot's were passable and calm, the same as in Single race.

Now they seem hyper spastic, same as in V5 Duels which are super fast and aggressive again.

I can't do it. I've been doing one race for 5 hours and 90% of the time I can't get past turn 1 where no matter what strategy I'm pushed into the wall, cut off if I try and go inside, I can't go the safe route and take it easy because I'm rear ended. I could understand this if I was in P9, but I'm P2. My iPad has gone from 100% charge to 23% on one race. 

Just one question: Why did we have to do this Event again?

1 hour ago, StKnowhere said:

Super frustrating.

In previous races, the Grid Bot's were passable and calm, the same as in Single race.

Now they seem hyper spastic, same as in V5 Duels which are super fast and aggressive again.

Were you on P1? I think P2 is my undoing. 

34 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Were you on P1? I think P2 is my undoing. 

Yes, P1 and perfect start. Used my max PI setup (1529) for 1st race.

Had to make myself very wide (swerving - warmed my tires) through turn 2.  Got tapped into engine slow downs several times but they must have been too tangled up to get by.

EF047904-7A00-4A0E-9946-C283CD57AD72.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I started P5 and was tough but hang on to P5 after race 1... from many tries. 

Race 2, the bots were much more manageable and I managed P1 after lap2. 

At P1, race 3 was relatively smooth and straightforward. 

At gold tier now but expect to drop to silver 

edit: full aero. Lazy to test setups 

Edited by elimmel
More info

Posted (edited)

The only way to win with bots (online game to play with real peoples and we thinking about bot strategy...) is win quali, perfect start and avoid them to overtake before first corner.. I am the only theoretic because of stuck loading screen... 

Screenshot_20190505_100310.jpg

Screenshot_20190505_100346.jpg

This theory i've checked in past Melbourne event (i started to play in this game 24th March) and looks like it working, because bots was unable to overtake but we will see in Baku...

Edited by mattzd

I can't start the race i'm blocked at the loading, i've waited for 5 minutes but nothing. I'm in P1 in qualifying. I tried to reinstall the game but nothing. 

Screenshot_2019-05-05-13-08-54-821_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.png

So is this event voided?

no rewards received. Not even placed bronze even though I was silver when the event closed. 

11 hours ago, elimmel said:

So is this event voided?

no rewards received. Not even placed bronze even though I was silver when the event closed. 

Hello - we're covering the topics you've mentioned above and others in a thread that aims to address all player-related feedback from Update 5. Please see here: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/36701-post-update-5-topics-to-address/