Sign in to follow this  

Track models in F1 2019

Hello,

I'd like to know if the track models we saw in the gameplay videos from yesterday in Bahrain and Baku are still from F1 2018 or if they are already the ones were gonna see F1 2019.

Kerbs are exacty the same like in F1 2018 without any changes at all even though they are not like in real life (E.g. Bahrain T2 on the inside or Baku T8) 

I'm someone whos really into such details and it would be a little bit disappointing if there wouldnt be any further changes at all.

• Agree 2

i think there will be changes in later updates but of course the calendar is still in progress and track changes can happen quickly

• Disagree 1

Licenced F1 should have laser scanned tracks

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

30 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Yes, they should have laser scanned tracks but it's expensive. Codemasters have been using many track models from F1 2010. it's time to create new tracks models from 0.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Neomo said:

One word is enough imo, and that is
Money. Laser scanning tracks is sooo expensive and takes a long time

Can't they buy the data from Kunos or iRacing? I think it's cheaper than buy laser scan equipment and do the whole job which may require weeks if not months

Not sure but do you think kunos is bigger studio than codies? 

Dunno, but does it matter if Kunos is bigger than Codies or vice versa?

I would like laser scanned tracks, but I think they're quite useless in a game that is not a sim. Most of the players are casual racing games players from console, a player base which uses a controller and has no knowledge about a sim, so if you tell one of these guys that the games features some laser scanned tracks they will just say "what?", it's not something that can sell the game itself, don't know if you get my point

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Neomo said:

Not sure but do you think kunos is bigger studio than codies? 

Kunos had many years to develop Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione, menawhile Codies have less then a year

• Haha 1

Turn 10 have laser scanned versions of Spa, Silverstone and Suzuka that perhaps they'd licence to Codemasters. Saying that i imagine the cost of the F1 licence alone is a big enough hurdle to overcome without factoring in 3rd party assets. 

14 hours ago, TheWalker17 said:

Dunno, but does it matter if Kunos is bigger than Codies or vice versa?

I would like laser scanned tracks, but I think they're quite useless in a game that is not a sim. Most of the players are casual racing games players from console, a player base which uses a controller and has no knowledge about a sim, so if you tell one of these guys that the games features some laser scanned tracks they will just say "what?", it's not something that can sell the game itself, don't know if you get my point

Ye but than players should stop crying that tracks are flat and missing bumbs

43 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Ye but than players should stop crying that tracks are flat and missing bumbs

You know, people will never stop complaining. They will find other to complain about, I'm pretty sure that people will complain about how bumpy the tracks have become if Codies give us laser scanned tracks

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

My biggest wish is a more sim acting F1 game and more laserscanned track is one more move toward that goal.

But there are laserscanned tracks in the game?

the circuits are the biggest area of the game needing improvement for me. Some of the tracks are so far away from the real thing its embarrassing for a licensed product. Spa for example - all the kerbs are completely different to the real circuit. Most of the circuits have areas that are out of date or not even close to the real circuit. they need updating or re-making.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, GeoffR86 said:

the circuits are the biggest area of the game needing improvement for me. Some of the tracks are so far away from the real thing its embarrassing for a licensed product. Spa for example - all the kerbs are completely different to the real circuit. Most of the circuits have areas that are out of date or not even close to the real circuit. they need updating or re-making.

Then only time this really bothers me is if I watch a real world pole lap for tips then try to recreate in game and woah I'm in the dirt! As long as the majority of users are online 'line followers' I dont think there will be changes to tracks because they would not be noticed anyway so would be a waste of dev time and money. It's only poor saps like me with no assists who struggle! I'm fine as it is now though as I've learned these tracks inside out over multiple full length races/seasons so a change would throw me out!

On 5/4/2019 at 1:54 PM, Neomo said:

Yes. 100% agree.

But i think should be new engine and laser scan

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Time should not be a problem, with laser scanning tracks, this years game has supposedly been in production for two years and CM have had the franchise for ten. There is no reason that in that time frame cornerstone tracks like Catalunya, Silverstone, Spa, and sazuka could not have been laser scanned.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

How the official F1 game, which has a thriving Esports scene doesn't have properly scanned tracks in this day and age is absolutely beyond me.

Yes it's expensive, but other devs don't seem to have the issue.  If Milestone can scan tracks for their MotoGP game, I'm 100% sure Codies should have no issue doing it for F1. 

Some of the tracks are terribly inaccurate.

• Agree 5

I don't see how the circuits are an issue. rF2 has like 3 laser scanned tracks, but they still can play the game with no issues. I'd rather just have more time for the development of the car handling and such.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Ferrethead81 said:

How the official F1 game, which has a thriving Esports scene doesn't have properly scanned tracks in this day and age is absolutely beyond me.

Yes it's expensive, but other devs don't seem to have the issue.  If Milestone can scan tracks for their MotoGP game, I'm 100% sure Codies should have no issue doing it for F1. 

Some of the tracks are terribly inaccurate.

Just out of interest which tracks and sections would you say are terribly inaccurate?

1 hour ago, mj_coop said:

Just out of interest which tracks and sections would you say are terribly inaccurate?

The amount of circuits in F1 2018 with the correct kerbs can be counted on one hand. It's absolutely mindblowing how outdated the circuits & kerbs are.

• Agree 3