Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Practicing for Online

I'm running F1 2014 (xbox360) and with that you cannot create an online lobby (equal cars) and go to the race by yourself to practice. So I want to use Time Trial mode but in that the cars are rated by the 2014 performance. Which car, performance wise will be closest to the (equal setting) car used in the online lobbies?
I've been saying this since F1 2010, CM should do like GT5/GT6 & setup online lobbies so that people can go to the track and practice while waiting for other players to join. Once there's enough people in the lobby host can start qualifying/race. That system works fine in GT5/GT6, it makes no sense why CM hasn't implemented something similar in their F1 games.
wkreps said:
I'm running F1 2014 (xbox360) and with that you cannot create an online lobby (equal cars) and go to the race by yourself to practice. So I want to use Time Trial mode but in that the cars are rated by the 2014 performance. Which car, performance wise will be closest to the (equal setting) car used in the online lobbies?
Mercedes
I'd imagine it's the Mercedes which is closest in performance to the online equal setting. 

I also totally agree with FS7, the online sophistication of GT5/6 is much beyond CMs F1 games. Having the option to practice online would be really useful, especially for league racers. Instead you have to make do with constantly restarting 15 minute qualifying sessions so you can simulate the tyres and car performance properly, which is annoying.
pigass said:
wkreps said:
Mercedes
I'm not thinking so. The online car seems much looser than a Mercedes in Time Trial. I was thinking more around the Lotus but wasn't sure. I suppose I would do some laps in an online lobby, note them and then go back to time trial to look for comparible times. Just though this may have been solved already.

Yes, I'm also in agreement about being able to enter by yourself into online races to practice. Beside the GT series of games, NASCAR has also been able to do it so it is not a fluke and can be done.
wkreps said:
pigass said:
wkreps said:
Mercedes
I'm not thinking so. The online car seems much looser than a Mercedes in Time Trial. I was thinking more around the Lotus but wasn't sure. I suppose I would do some laps in an online lobby, note them and then go back to time trial to look for comparible times. Just though this may have been solved already.

Yes, I'm also in agreement about being able to enter by yourself into online races to practice. Beside the GT series of games, NASCAR has also been able to do it so it is not a fluke and can be done.
I believe @Hatta said that it was the Mercedes
  • Codemasters Staff
wkreps said:

Cars are at their absolute optimal in Time Trial. No tyre wear, no fuel simulation, perfect track conditions (assuming, you know, you're running in the dry ^_^). So you're always getting the maximum possible grip that a given setup can give you. In online, all those elements of the simulation are enabled which is why it feels different.

But yeah, as others have said, if you want the 'parent' car, I believe you should be in the Mercedes.