Sign in to follow this  

F2 in Career Mode

Posted (edited)
  11 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Exactly my point as well. the same with the AI, the season could not be fair as Albon, Norris and Russel have to promote to F1 as well. In F2 all the cars are practically the same so there is no guarantee they won't finish last. So they need to be overpowered compared to the other AI.  

Exactly, that's something people are not taking into consideration. Let's remember the game will be launched with the 2018 F2 season. If they let you race a full F2 season they would have to consider the possibility of Russel never winning the championship, but making to F1 anyway. That would be weird.

You are basically right but being forced to have two fictional drivers through your 10 year career in F1 is even more unrealistic. They will probably move to Ferrari or Merc after some seasons and replace Hamilton, Vettel etc. and run for Driver Championship.

Let's admit when we heard of F2 coming to the game for  most of us the obvious career implementation was to start in F2 and progress to F1 by achieving some goals. These goals shoud not be always win the title but for example, beat yor teammate, finish in podium in 4 races, get 5 poles etc. I still believe this option is still the best way to implement F2 in career.

On the other hand as you would remember CM offered us to do a questionnaire around 2 years ago apperantly during their development process. There were questions about career mode and story aspect to be implemented in it. I believe the answers made CM to go to story mode path. There is nothing wrong with it but it should definetely not be the only way to do career starting in F2.

So I really would like that CM should give us 3 options to start career;

1- Start in F2 with official drivers and do full F2 seasons until we hit team goals. Then we will proceed to the relevant F1 team associated with F2 partner.  Norris and Russel will also be in F1 when we proceed.

2- Story Mode as CM has implemented as of now.

3- Start  directly in F1, like in F1 2018

Thank you for reading...    

Edited by Halukbay

I do understand the "want" for an F2 career but I don't understand the "it has to be today" attitude some of the users express. F2 is in the game this year so if it is popular this year it will be further improved in the next version. Let's say that everyone skips F2 this year it would have been a big of waste of time to implement a full season in career. 

Upgrades was implemented in 2017, it was so popular that they improved it in 2018. I see F2 in the same way: let's see how much fun it is and if it is really good do more of that in 2020.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

^^ well, I wouldn't skip it if there weren't fake drivers to follow me in F1 since I'd like to play my F1 career with all the other real drivers. If there was a full F2 season prior to the F1 and we'd advance along the real life grid I'd give it a go.

• Agree 1

Everybody hating on the fake driver. For all we know he could be the next Hamilton and beats the **** out of us. :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

Might aswell have just left it out of career this time then, was hyped after the trailer but not having proper F2 in career means I will stick with my F1 2018 game for now.

I so hope the fake driver is a female driver. >Insert Japanese girl pop song< 👿

On 5/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, LucasMantovani said:

Problem I see with full F2 season in career mode is it might "break" the storyline. People say they want to play a full F2 season before going to F1. How can you be so sure that you will make to F1? Let's say you finish 10th in F2, how the game is gonna deal with it? Are you going to F1 no matter what your results were in F2? Then it doesn't make sense having a full season. On the other hand, will it be possible to not be chosen to F1 after a full F2 season? A lot of people would be disappointed if that's the case.

Yeah I agree because as much fun as the Journey in Fifa is it can sometimes feel a bit long winded with all the extra games as you get selected to play all of them. I do enjoy the Journey and getting gt oplay as Alex Hunter and all that and it was well crafted it's one of the main reasons why I still play it regardless. This storyline mode does sound quiet interesting and it looks like the game as a whole has had an overhaul this was not just some simple add on like say 2017 and 2018 are as 17 and 18 based on their graphics and how they play look like simple expansions on 16. I like 17 and 18 don't get me wrong and I still have no intention on getting 19 until I finish at least 1 of the career modes I have on the go but I'm not ruling out getting it later perhaps because I have to admit the graphics look really impressive and this story bit in career does still  sound intriguing. Career definitely needed more work on 201 6so it's a good thing they focused on that for 2017 and 18 because despite it's optimisation issues for me 2017 was near perfect I wouldn't say 18 is as good as 17 because I prefer the way 2017 handled the whole contract system over 18's negotiate and sign with whoever you like approach. I still liked the interview and rule change system though and the way it adds a bit of unpredictability as to how things play out. But for me that's the only thing that kind of gets 18 anywhere near 16 and 17 imo because other than that it's pretty much as is with the other games or at leas t that's how it feels like to me. I still like and play 2018 but I'm just not sure I like it as much as 2017 is all

Whilst I get why they’ve decided against having the full F2 season in the career mode (and instead having the 3 short scenarios to kick off the F1 career), I’ve been thinking a bit about this and was wondering ... why don’t they give us a separate career mode for Formula 2?

Of course the ideal thing would be to give the players the choice of completing the full season before going into F1, or allowing us to do just the pre season events if we chose to (or even skip F2 entirely for those that just wanted a solely F1 experience) 

Sure, being able to do the full season in Championship mode is all well and good but me personally I’d like to be able to drive as my own character instead of having to choose to play as one of last years drivers.  Kind of reminds me of F1 2015 without the career mode and the only option being the Championship mode. 

I know it’s probably too late now for F1 2019 but hopefully for the next F1 game we’ll get a few more options of how we want to play the F2 mode and ideally have it more incorporated into the games main career 😊

Well, at least the fake drivers follows you to f1, thats a good point in my opinion. 

On 5/7/2019 at 6:55 PM, BelgiumDude said:

I so hope the fake driver is a female driver. >Insert Japanese girl pop song< 👿

We get a female driver with the F2 2019, with Tatiana Claderon 😉

10 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

Sure, being able to do the full season in Championship mode is all well and good but me personally I’d like to be able to drive as my own character instead of having to choose to play as one of last years drivers.  Kind of reminds me of F1 2015 without the career mode and the only option being the Championship mode. 

I know it’s probably too late now for F1 2019 but hopefully for the next F1 game we’ll get a few more options of how we want to play the F2 mode and ideally have it more incorporated into the games main career 😊

The quick fix would be to allow the creation of player created character in Championship mode.

Posted (edited)

It's extremely disappointing to not have full F2 seasons, might even be a deal breaker for me. I don't care about this rival story line at all.

Edited by MikeV27
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1