Sign in to follow this  

F2 in Career Mode

Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/1124325982545035264

Sorry Codemasters, but why? At least give us the option to have the complete F2 Season in Career Mode. Maybe make a clear statement About this because i think most people expected that the full season is implemented and not everyone is following what Lee answers on twitter. Why wont you give us three Options?

1. Skip F2 

2. Only the three narrative events

3. Complete Season, narrative events implemented

I understand that i can play the complete f2 season as a championship, but for me it's a difference if i play as my own created Driver with combined statistics, Impact which team you can join in f1 based on your performance in the season or just a single season without any additional content.

Sorry for my bad english but i had to get it off my chest ^^

Edited by Groce77
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

The problem I see with that is that the F2 season would be heavily scripted to get the narrative going into F1 if it was a full season. Your rival would have to be overpowered to make him a top driver in the F2 season. If he would finish last at the end of season it would be strange to see him move up to F1. 

I like the way they implemented it. There is F2 in the game, you can do a whole season just not in career what seems normal as the game is F1 2019. Focus is on 2019 and having that storyline woven into it sounds damn cool.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Can I still just start a F1 career and skip the F2 and don‘t have to deal with fake drivers in year 1 of my career? Please tell me I can...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

The problem I see with that is that the F2 season would be heavily scripted to get the narrative going into F1 if it was a full season. Your rival would have to be overpowered to make him a top driver in the F2 season. If he would finish last at the end of season it would be strange to see him move up to F1. 

I like the way they implemented it. There is F2 in the game, you can do a whole season just not in career what seems normal as the game is F1 2019. Focus is on 2019 and having that storyline woven into it sounds damn cool.

Come on, other games like FIFA und the 2K Games also have filler Matches, why cant you have filler races in F1 2019 then? I mean it does not take much Energy to at least give us the otion to do the other races if we want...

41 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

Can I still just start a F1 career and skip the F2 and don‘t have to deal with fake drivers in year 1 of my career? Please tell me I can…

Yeah you can skip that. Sadly there are no more Options but at least you can skip F2 if you dont want these races.

2 minutes ago, Groce77 said:

Yeah you can skip that. Sadly there are no more Options but at least you can skip F2 if you dont want these races.

Where do you know from?

Posted (edited)

I mean there were some reports that mentioned that. Have to search it tomorrow but i am 99% sure.

Edited by Groce77

Ahh man so shocked when I read that.. I mean it's just another "hey, let's add that - but not really" move. At least give us the opportunity then to do single races and championship modes with our own driver... The MotoGP games have that feauture like forever and it's one of the best things there. Just having a single race with my own driver is something I dream of for years.

And don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have F2 in the game, but can it be so hard, to do integrate it properly in the career mode? Just look at MotoGP 16 (Valentino Rossi The Game). They even made it to include yourself as a driver of his academy and althought it has a story, you are still able to choose your carrer path on your own. Seems like we have to wait for 2020 then... another move just to make people buy the next game by integrating it properly then? Sorry Codies, I know F1 2019 will be great, but this is just a poor move tbh.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, Groce77 said:

https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/1124325982545035264

Sorry Codemasters, but why? At least give us the option to have the complete F2 Season in Career Mode. Maybe make a clear statement About this because i think most people expected that the full season is implemented and not everyone is following what Lee answers on twitter. Why wont you give us three Options?

1. Skip F2 

2. Only the three narrative events

3. Complete Season, narrative events implemented

I understand that i can play the complete f2 season as a championship, but for me it's a difference if i play as my own created Driver with combined statistics, Impact which team you can join in f1 based on your performance in the season or just a single season without any additional content.

Sorry for my bad english but i had to get it off my chest ^^

Completely agree. This is biggest dissapointing fot me 😟. I think its major waste of time and resources. Most of ppl play career or online and spend plenty of time to implement full f2 roster only for championchip? So sad

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Groce77 said:

Come on, other games like FIFA und the 2K Games also have filler Matches, why cant you have filler races in F1 2019 then? I mean it does not take much Energy to at least give us the otion to do the other races if we want...

What is a filler race? How does that work. I don't know what you mean by that.

Not defending Codies at all but i imagine they have access to data regarding the average player vs career portion completed ratio. I also imagine that a large percentage do only one or two seasons before sticking to multiplayer or moving on to other games. In this regard it's understandable that the F2 portion of the career isn't the focus. Not saying it's right but i can understand their reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

What is a filler race? How does that work. I don't know what you mean by that.

I mean races without any story content. FIFA and the 2k Games had matches with and without it. So it cant be really hard to integrate it. 

2 hours ago, SillySinStorm said:

Not defending Codies at all but i imagine they have access to data regarding the average player vs career portion completed ratio. I also imagine that a large percentage do only one or two seasons before sticking to multiplayer or moving on to other games. In this regard it's understandable that the F2 portion of the career isn't the focus. Not saying it's right but i can understand their reasoning.

I totally understand that some players do not want to have the full f2 season. Also i do not want to force them into playing it. Because of that i suggested that the player can choose if he wants the complete season, only the narrative races or no f2 at all. I think it would be better to let the player choose which experience he wants to play.

But i can already guess that this will be "THE GREAT CAREER FEATURE" of F1 2020, to have the full season integrated. I mean, F1 2019 will still be a great game but i was already a little bit tired of them and i thought about skipping this years game and waiting for F1 2020. The chance of getting the full F2 season in career was an argument for buying F1 2019, but now i am really doubting that. I can not understand why codemasters did not at least give us the option to choose what we want (and i mean, it cant be hard to integrate the other events). For me it is just a lazy design decision or like @danort17 said "hey, let's add that - but not really"

Edited by Groce77
  • Agree 2

That's disappointing :classic_mellow: Carreer in F1 games should be as deep as possible and of course removing the full F2 season In carreer mode does not help. 

1 hour ago, Groce77 said:

I mean races without any story content. FIFA and the 2k Games had matches with and without it. So it cant be really hard to integrate it. 

But that is just championship like it is now. They are even implementing the 2019 F2 championship 

Nope, the first journey mode had the complete league Season, the Story focus at the end was on the FA Cup, but if you were good enough you could also win the Premier League. There were some games with narrative Content, but most of them did not have any of it. Imagine the new FIFA, which has the CL included, but it is only as a story and as a single Championship, but not as part of the Career...

And like i already said, for me and many other payers it is a huge difference if i Play the f2 just as a Championship or it is really implemented into the Career. I can understand your aguments, but there is no one (in my opinion) that really speaks against having an option to do it. 

"Me and many users" :classic_blink: You represent a union of F1 gamers? :classic_tongue: I'm sure Codies know how most gamers play their games.

I do understand what you want but if you don't want the narrative I guess it is easy to play the F2 season championship and when you finish it start the F1 season as a career or championship.  

I have something against changing a game when it nears release time. If it was not planned this way this means time that is being spent on other things that are more important. If it is not in the game that was planned for release I prefer they stick with what they have planned because it is really not that important. 

There is F2, you can even play 2 different seasons of it. They should not have added it so be glad with what you get and start demanding this option for next year. Let them finish the game as they have intended.

Posted (edited)

Will wait for 2020 then, when they will undoubtedly tout it as a "new feature" when in reality they would have half-arsed it less and you will be able to do a full F2 season at the start of your career, as it should've been.

And this is what they worked on for "2 years"? It's an insult to their player base.

Edited by Ho3n3r
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

That feeling when wrc and motogp include all classes in career for years and f2 have 3 events 😂

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

"Me and many users" :classic_blink: You represent a union of F1 gamers? :classic_tongue: I'm sure Codies know how most gamers play their games.

I do understand what you want but if you don't want the narrative I guess it is easy to play the F2 season championship and when you finish it start the F1 season as a career or championship.  

I have something against changing a game when it nears release time. If it was not planned this way this means time that is being spent on other things that are more important. If it is not in the game that was planned for release I prefer they stick with what they have planned because it is really not that important. 

There is F2, you can even play 2 different seasons of it. They should not have added it so be glad with what you get and start demanding this option for next year. Let them finish the game as they have intended.

Personally i read more often that players were disappointed about it than players which have no problem with this, for example at twitter or on the reddit page. I have never said that i represent all oder the majority of the players, english is not my native language so do not pin me down on that term. ^^ (if you want Change it to "me and at least a few other users")

Like i already said, career and championship are different Topics for me. I do not want to offend you, we have different positions on that and will never get on the same terms ^^ .Personally i think i will wait until 2020. From the time i've read the tweet i did not expect that codemasters will change that (much too late in development progess, less than 2 months until release), i just wanted to voice my opinion and discuss this here, maybe inform some people who did not hear about this. For me the F2 is not really fledged out, it was maybe a little bit misleading in early marketing and i hope it will be better in 2020. Also i hope 2019 will become a great game and that you and everyone who buys it will have a good experience and fun with it. 🙂

Edited by Groce77
  • Like 1

what a shame only 3 events and on one of them your team will ask you to pull over for your rival to come by. So 2 races unless you do not want to be a team player....

6 minutes ago, Neomo said:

That feeling when wrc and motogp include all classes in career for years and f2 have 3 events 😂

Ok and how good are those games? :classic_rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

Does the F2 taster include any car upgrades or just basically is it an intro trainer mode by any other name? Looking forward to seeing something new although being an oldie 'hardcore' gamer I'd rather just have game and no behind the scenes scripts. My perfect option would be choose your F1 team and team mate at the start in NORMAL mode (like previous recent games) or choose RAGS TO RICHES MODE where you randomly get assigned an F2 drive and depending on how many points you have at the end of season decides which F1 teams will let you join. So if you do well Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull literally fight over your contract each offering you some juicy perks to help make up your mind. If you do poorly then you have to manually select one of the lower teams and ask them one by one for a basic contract. Zero perks. If one team turns you down the others are less likely to want you! Plus if you can't agree on terms with even Williams you have to do the F2 season again for a better result. Of course you can change the ai at any time so you're never actually stuck in F2 or with Kubica as a teammate but Id like that kind of progression one day. 

To add to that you could be required to complete say a test session at a random track with practice sessions to determine your skills rather like the current career ones. Then depending on how many you bronze /silver /gold that determines which F2 team you join. Excuse my ignorance of F2 if it is all spec as they'd all be the same anyway so this would be a pointless exercise lol! 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Problem I see with full F2 season in career mode is it might "break" the storyline. People say they want to play a full F2 season before going to F1. How can you be so sure that you will make to F1? Let's say you finish 10th in F2, how the game is gonna deal with it? Are you going to F1 no matter what your results were in F2? Then it doesn't make sense having a full season. On the other hand, will it be possible to not be chosen to F1 after a full F2 season? A lot of people would be disappointed if that's the case.

• Agree 2

Exactly my point as well. the same with the AI, the season could not be fair as Albon, Norris and Russel have to promote to F1 as well. In F2 all the cars are practically the same so there is no guarantee they won't finish last. So they need to be overpowered compared to the other AI.  

14 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Exactly my point as well. the same with the AI, the season could not be fair as Albon, Norris and Russel have to promote to F1 as well. In F2 all the cars are practically the same so there is no guarantee they won't finish last. So they need to be overpowered compared to the other AI.  

Exactly, that's something people are not taking into consideration. Let's remember the game will be launched with the 2018 F2 season. If they let you race a full F2 season they would have to consider the possibility of Russel never winning the championship, but making to F1 anyway. That would be weird.