Jump to content Jump to content

How to get best launch at start?

Sith Metal

struggling with some cars, playing with controller due to issues with FFB, finding some cars are very slow starting from line. Example: The 1995 (i think) Subaru, no matter what i do in terms of throttle it bogs right down and loses power from start, if i am on an incline the car will not move, even putting it into neutral then 1st gear at higher revs does not help. I have tried keeping the revs constant to maxing out rev counter but cannot get a good start. This happens with a few cars especially turbo. Any tips on this?

I never did the best launch with any car yet. With a FWD car, I struggle seconds to get it speeded up. The same with RWD's. 4WDs better. But never get the hang of it. I feel it is harder for controller users like me. 

For R-GT class, always start from 6th gear, it's the only way to avoid wheel spin.

Okay, but seriously I never know, usually I start from 2nd gear when there is little grip (ice/wet), otherwise 1st gear and maximum revs, probably not very effective, but fun.

I'd say you have something wrong with your controller. I had same type of problem in DR1 before I bought a wheel and the cause was faulty ps4 controller.

Say07uH.jpg

Found that pic from google, that controller has exactly the same issue as mine had. Back side of the R2 and L2 button slice through that rubber part and you don't get 100% throttle anymore.

I'm just assuming you might use ps4 controller. :classic_laugh: 

Archived