Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 Legends Edition in Australia?

It's been over a week since the reveal and box art reveals, but still no Australian retailer as updated their websites or stores. EB Games and JB HI FI only have the Anniversary Edition and they haven't even updated the box art with the new one with the drivers on it, and are yet to add the Legends Edition which is the one I want to get. PS Store and Amazon don't even have F1 2019 listed AT ALL.

What's going on here? Less than two months away from release and it's almost like the game doesn't even exist yet. 

Im from QLD and I noticed the same thing. I had already pre-ordered F1 2019, so I went and asked my local EB Games and was told that they may be waiting to see how many pre-orders they get first before making the Legends edition available.

I personally think its very stupid on behalf of EB Games and JB HI FI to not make it available for Pre-order, cause as a maniac F1 fan, having a game cover with Senna and Prost on the cover will always outweigh a Ricciardo/Hamilton Cover.

No doubt EB Games will charge $139.95 AUD for the legends edition if they end up having it.  Especially if no one else does.  

So the Legend edition is the same as the anniversary edition but with a Senna/Prost DLC?  

1 hour ago, Ferrethead81 said:

No doubt EB Games will charge $139.95 AUD for the legends edition if they end up having it.  Especially if no one else does.  

So the Legend edition is the same as the anniversary edition but with a Senna/Prost DLC?  

Nah, it'll likely be $119. And yes, it's the same just with the Senna/Prost DLC included. So if it's just that DLC with two cars, I don't see them charging more than 109-119 for it. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 1:29 AM, AyrotonS296 said:

Im from QLD and I noticed the same thing. I had already pre-ordered F1 2019, so I went and asked my local EB Games and was told that they may be waiting to see how many pre-orders they get first before making the Legends edition available.

I personally think its very stupid on behalf of EB Games and JB HI FI to not make it available for Pre-order, cause as a maniac F1 fan, having a game cover with Senna and Prost on the cover will always outweigh a Ricciardo/Hamilton Cover.

That's stupid of them. Of course nobody is going to pre-order if people like myself are waiting for the Legends Edition. Why pre-order the Anniversary Edition if you want Legends?

Plus there's no point even pre-ordering F1 games because they aren't exactly that popular here to the point where they sell out on day 1. I would only ever pre-order a game if it's something like GTA and will sell out straight away. I just hope my local store at least orders 5 copies. I need at least 2 or 3, me and my brothers race each other in a private lobby. xD 

Edited by JamesG

Posted (edited)

I'm in Qld too and no one around me (EB/JB/Harveys/Big W etc) have the legendary edition for pre-order.  Most confirmed to only getting the anniversary edition in, the others were unsure.  

If the Legendary edition isn't sold in some countries or on the PSN, do we assume the Senna V Prost stuff will be available as a dlc at some point?

Can order it online I guess.

Edited by Ferrethead81

By the sounds of what JB HI FI and EB are reporting, Australia is going to cop that down under curse we get sometimes where you can't buy what you are looking for here, you'll need to do it online. I hope not, I hate buying digital copies when it comes to movies or games. They suck

3 hours ago, JamesG said:

That's stupid of them. Of course nobody is going to pre-order if people like myself are waiting for the Legends Edition. Why pre-order the Anniversary Edition if you want Legends?

Plus there's no point even pre-ordering F1 games because they aren't exactly that popular here to the point where they sell out on day 1. I would only ever pre-order a game if it's something like GTA and will sell out straight away. I just hope my local store at least orders 5 copies. I need at least 2 or 3, me and my brothers race each other in a private lobby. xD 

I pre-ordered the game when it was announced, that was weeks before the different editions were announced. As for price, as has been with every other F1, the game price will not change between editions. Anniversary Edition is $100, and Legends Edition will be $100 as well. Has been like this for every F1 Game by Codemasters.

As for why I Pre-ordered it, F1 is my life, I live and breath formula 1.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, mceci1 said:

By the sounds of what JB HI FI and EB are reporting, Australia is going to cop that down under curse we get sometimes where you can't buy what you are looking for here, you'll need to do it online. I hope not, I hate buying digital copies when it comes to movies or games. They suck

I hate digital too, and you technically don't own the copy, only for as long as you can access your account. I wouldn't buy it digitally.  I'd buy a physical copy online from overseas like the UK/Europe and get it shipped over here. Although there's the risk that it might arrive a bit late which is unfortunate. It is worrying though, Australia sucks for retail. Doesn't matter if it's games, items/toys, or even clothes, we just don't get everything here. I guess because of our small population. But it just sucks. 😞

I know we could get the Anniversary Edition and then buy the DLC, but I want the Legends Edition box. It's sort of a collectors thing in its own, a special edition of a game. Anniversary Edition is basically standard. The struggles of being Australian. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JamesG said:

I hate digital too, and you technically don't own the copy, only for as long as you can access your account. I wouldn't buy it digitally.  I'd buy a physical copy online from overseas like the UK/Europe and get it shipped over here. Although there's the risk that it might arrive a bit late which is unfortunate. It is worrying though, Australia sucks for retail. Doesn't matter if it's games, items/toys, or even clothes, we just don't get everything here. I guess because of our small population. But it just sucks. 😞

I know we could get the Anniversary Edition and then buy the DLC, but I want the Legends Edition box. It's sort of a collectors thing in its own, a special edition of a game. Anniversary Edition is basically standard. The struggles of being Australian. 

Nowadays there is literally no difference between a digital copy and a physical copy in terms of "owning the game". With both digital and physical you have to go through server authentication, so you don't really own the game, even if you have your DVD to install it. You'll always have to go through a server authentication. Don't know how it works on consoles, but that's it on PC, you never own the game, you just own a license to use it, and sometimes physical copies are just the DVD box without a DVD with just the code. When the server is gone you're game is gone too unless you're able to play it setting Steam offline. That's why most of the people, including myself, are against Denuvo, because it forces you to authenticate the game, and if its servers will go down goodbye to your game, physical or digital.

As I said, I don't know if PS4 and Xbox One requires some sort of online authentication for the first launch

Edited by TheWalker17

mm, I got all excited thinking that a dvd physical copy would be able to play the game without an internet connection. way too often, because of PC crashes, or I suspect when I plug any device into a different USB port, steam insists that I go online. I cannot play the game in offline mode when this happens as it still insists on going online. no explanations given and , apart from wiping out the drive and replacing with a previous backup of the whole drive which would only be good until I got "steamed" again  I am left with no choice. too bad back of bourke without an internet connection. I'd probably pay full price for a dvd which could stand up to standalone mode and let me play the game I paid for, as it is I shall wait until there is a huge discount for the steam store version.