Sign in to follow this  

D3D Device Has Been Removed

Question

I had 2 instances of this message today after F1 2018 crashed, once was during a league race.

Another league member also had the game crash with the same message.  Nothing else was different with our systems and the 250 odd hours we've played.

My GPU is RX580 8gb, his is GTX1060 3gb, not not even related.

Any ideas or fixes?  Is this a codemasters things or a PC specific thing?

2 answers to this question

Hey! Here is the reply by Hoo:

The error is usually seen when there is a failure in the hardware, e.g. a power fluctuation or overheating, which causes the system to momentarily lose connection to the gfx card. Lowering GFX settings is unlikely to have much effect as this will result in higher frame rates which will create a similar load on your system. The suggested solution above to lower the load on on the card sounds like a good approach to increase stability if switching out power supplies or GFX cards is not an option. If you don't have access to anything to lower the GPU power demand, then capping framerate (either in game or through an external programme) might help.

Full thread:

Thanks for that, I did have a read however the fact that 2 of us had it same day with no changes to system seemed more than a coincidence.  I've capped my frames at 60 fps to see how that goes.  I was really only reaching max 70 anyway.