Sign in to follow this  

hill climb

pleas add hill climb after the two seasons are released. Would be so nice to have it in Dirt Rally 2.0 !!!!

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, ianism said:

wasn't in Dirt 4 either.

licence seems to be exclusively for Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo): https://www.gtplanet.net/pikes-peak-hill-climb-may-be-exclusively-licensed-to-the-gran-turismo-series/

Yeah, Pikes Peak wasn't in DiRT 4, but there are plenty of other Hillclimbs out there (like the European Championship ones, which are pretty great, take a look for example at the one present in Assetto Corsa, I don't remember the name right now but it is a real Hillclimb which is part of the European Championship).

So it is the same thing that happened with DiRT 4, they used licensing issues with the WRC rallyes as an excuse to not include real stages and to include the Stage Generator, but there are plenty other rallyes out there (I can think plenty of events in the UK, and I'm from Spain! They have the Manx Rally, Ulster, Circuit of Ireland, Bulldog Rally (well, now adays the North Wales Stages if I recall correctly), Pirelli International, Scottish Rally.... come on!).

What I'm trying to say is, if they don't include Hillclimbs it isn't because of licensing issues. But I could understand them not doing so, it's something like with Rallycross, people prefer the common stage rally part of the game (despite Hillclimbs being similar), and it could be a "waste" of resources that could be used in other areas of the game, in order to polish it.

PS: Sorry for my English.

The license is not the problem there are other games with very good hill climb trails for example ralli sport challenge 2

Incidentally, rallycross is also a good example of why Codemasters has no ideas of its own.
The first Hill Climb did not exist in Colin McRae / Dirt
The first rallycross did not exist in Colin McRae / Dirt either
The head to head races that I find very cool were also not the first to Colin McRae / Dirt
The Team Mangement  did not exist until it was in another game (by the way, even better than the Dirt Games)
All the things mentioned above always came after other games already had this

There are many other things that Codemasters has just imitated rather than standalone

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

Incidentally, rallycross is also a good example of why Codemasters has no ideas of its own.
The first Hill Climb did not exist in Colin McRae / Dirt
The first rallycross did not exist in Colin McRae / Dirt either
The head to head races that I find very cool were also not the first to Colin McRae / Dirt
The Team Mangement  did not exist until it was in another game (by the way, even better than the Dirt Games)
All the things mentioned above always came after other games already had this

There are many other things that Codemasters has just imitated rather than standalone

Well, by that logic, the first rally game wasn't Colin McRae Rally... Not even an official WRC game wasn't the first rally game!!!!

t's not about who made the first rally game but because of the Codemaster has always imitated everything (sometimes even worse)
I would like to have more ideas of Codemasters and their good implementation

1 hour ago, bigburt82 said:

It was in Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo and, despite the terrible car physics, it was done well. 

that game came out 3 years ago

firstly that and secondly there was no dirt rally for six years and when loeb rally was released in january 2016 i wondered if i would play loeb rally or no rally game at all.
DR came only a few months later.
I really had a lot of fun with Loeb Rally: a very large selection of cars and rallies