Sign in to follow this  

patch 1.06 and still FBB not fixed on dirt 2

It is absolutely unacceptable that people spend 70 Euros ( at least in Italy ) and cannot play due to a shameful steering wheel FBB. You issued patch 1.06 and still FBB has been not fixed. Codemaster could make a good choice, leave rally games to another company.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 4

6 hours ago, gigiotto59 said:

It is absolutely unacceptable that people spend 70 Euros ( at least in Italy ) and cannot play due to a shameful steering wheel FBB. You issued patch 1.06 and still FBB has been not fixed. Codemaster could make a good choice, leave rally games to another company.

There is no fix coming because there is nothing to fix. This was officially confirmed by Christina last week. 

In other words, the ffb was never broken, it's not broken now and it never will be, no matter how much you shout and protest to the contrary. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 7

There's a FFB "option" or "patch", call it what you want, in the works to make it more similar to DR1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

There's a FFB "option" or "patch", call it what you want, in the works to make it more similar to DR1.

Can you point me to an official statement from codemasters saying something to that effect? 

If they wanted the ffb in DR2 to be like the ffb in DR1, they would have done exactly that without breaking a sweat. But they didn't, they made it better.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

6 minutes ago, CalvinCar said:

Can you point me to an official statement from codemasters saying something to that effect? 

If they wanted the ffb in DR2 to be like the ffb in DR1, they would have done exactly that without breaking a sweat. But they didn't, they made it better.

Last paragraph. Plus there have been recent little updates throughout the roadbooks and patch notes. It's just a matter of reading.

• Agree 6

3 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Last paragraph. Plus there have been recent little updates throughout the roadbooks and patch notes. It's just a matter of reading.

That was posted in March, and it says nothing about making it like DR1.

• Disagree 5

Posted (edited)

Such task cannot be performed in just a few days. If you read carefully, the "original DiRT Rally" is mentioned. The trick is to find a sweet spot.

There's also updated information somewhere in a topic here in General, Christina's reply to a reddit post.

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Such task cannot be performed in just a few days. If you read carefully, the "original DiRT Rally" is mentioned. The trick is to find a sweet spot.

There's also updated information somewhere in a topic here in General, Christina's reply to a reddit post.

You're clutching at straws here. Something that was written in March takes precedence for you over something that was written last week and which clearly states that the ffb is not broken? Really? 

It really boggles the mind. Youve been told by you various people on here that the ffb works as intended as early as the first week of release, you've had an official statement from Codemasters effectively confirming it, and you still won't accept it. I really don't know what's to be done next. Do you want it written in the sky for you, or should CM send the statement to Donald Trump so he can read it out for you. 

• Disagree 6

Posted (edited)

Chill out warrior. I never said I didn't accept the FFB the way it is, i don't even mention it in my bug reports. What has been said is that theres a FFB alternative in the works, despite the current one being acknowledged as close to the real thing. If you care enough, search for the latest statement from Christina.

There has also been word from testers that the early FFB build was much better before the final one that shipped with the game.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Chill out warrior. I never said I didn't accept the FFB the way it is, i don't even mention it in my bug reports. What has been said is that theres a FFB alternative in the works, despite the current one being acknowledged as close to the real thing. If you care enough, search for the latest statement from Christina.

There has also been word from testers that the early FFB build was much better before the final one that shipped with the game.

I'm as chilled as a cucumber. But thanks.

• Disagree 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CalvinCar said:

You're clutching at straws here. Something that was written in March takes precedence for you over something that was written last week and which clearly states that the ffb is not broken? Really?

What was written last week didn't say the ffb is not being worked on, it had a number of statements that were meant to sum up some concerns players had raised, one of which was "We're not fixing FFB as it's not broken for us"

A few people misunderstood this and took it to be a statement made by codemasters, which it wasn't, rather it was addressing the mistaken belief that some players held that codemasters thought the ffb was fine and therefore were disregarding player concerns and not working on it. There were several paragraphs right after this which refuted this statement and said they are working on changes to force feedback. The first sentence of which, just to drive the point home, was: We're definitely making changes in this area.

Edited by Cortextual
  • Agree 7

14 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

What was written last week didn't say the ffb is not being worked on, it had a number of statements that were meant to sum up some concerns players had raised, one of which was "We're not fixing FFB as it's not broken for us"

A few people misunderstood this and took it to be a statement made by codemasters, which it wasn't, rather it was addressing the mistaken belief that some players held that codemasters thought the ffb was fine and therefore were disregarding player concerns and not working on it. There were several paragraphs right after this which refuted this statement and said they are working on changes to force feedback. The first sentence of which, just to drive the point home, was: We're definitely making changes in this area.

I didn't misunderstand anything. She goes out of her way to explain that the ffb is not broken and that they wanted DR2 to feature a pure simulation, physics-based type force feedback. What more do you guys want? 

• Disagree 3

Personally, I don't find the FFB too bad, but I have found various bugs around the FFB.

1 minute ago, CalvinCar said:

I didn't misunderstand anything. She goes out of her way to explain that the ffb is not broken and that they wanted DR2 to feature a pure simulation, physics-based type force feedback. What more do you guys want? 

I want you to stop spreading false information and being aggressive towards the people who try to correct you. Christina's hyphothetical statements, which you took to be statements of fact, also included these gems: 

"We only push out the DLC we promised because that makes us money while fixes don't"

"We're not adding clubs because there aren't enough players in this game"

"We're working on VR instead"

"We're not working on VR because of other fixes"

Notice the last two are in direct contradiction of each other. Do you really think these sound like public statements codemasters would make?

• Agree 8

@CalvinCar

FFB is being worked on, it has been discussed at length several times over. They plan to release a new build, then have some community members test it before it releases to the rest. All Christina said is that Codies were surprised by the negative feedback, because when they released the game they thought it was all good. The outrage concerning FFB has been discussed all over social media, and consumed at least 50 pages of thread line on this forum alone. 

All you need to do is read all the Codies Blogs and/or any posts from Christina in the last 2 months, and you’ll see there is SPECIFIC mention of new FFB forthcoming. It takes time. The handling team is working on it but due to other game releases, limited staffing and the complexity of said task - there is no exact release date...but, it will happen. 

Stop flaming folks with information based on fallacy and opinion, and educate yourself man! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

44 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

I want you to stop spreading false information and being aggressive towards the people who try to correct you. Christina's hyphothetical statements, which you took to be statements of fact, also included these gems: 

"We only push out the DLC we promised because that makes us money while fixes don't"

Notice the last two are in direct contradiction of each other. Do you really think these sound like public statements codemasters would make?

I'm spreading false information? Posting that the ffb is broken when is clearly isn't is by definition spreading false information. Why don't you tell off those people who have been saying that instead.

• Disagree 4

They are telling you the truth @CalvinCar You've misread the comment by ChristinaMc. The line about "We are happy with the FFB" is set up as a statement from a member, not Codemasters. Her reply to the statement is the paragraph underneath it, where she says that they are working on the FFB.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, CalvinCar said:

I'm spreading false information? Posting that the ffb is broken when is clearly isn't is by definition spreading false information. Why don't you tell off those people who have been saying that instead.

I'm not telling off anyone mate, I'm just trying to minimise the misunderstandings.

You know what? I'm done and I want to get off this hamster wheel. I think if remain here much longer i might go insane. 

Now I know why Codemasters won't just come out and say that the ffb will not be changed in DR2 -- they're afraid that you guys might suffer apoplectic seizures as a result. 

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 5

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, CalvinCar said:

You know what? I'm done and I want to get off this hamster wheel. I think if remain here much longer i might go insane. 

Now I know why Codemasters won't just come out and say that the ffb will not be changed in DR2 -- they're afraid that you guys might suffer apoplectic seizures as a result. 

ok, so:

1. you are misunderstanding. what you've read. I've copy/pasted the whole post below and made it a little clearer for you

• the quoted sections (ie the parts in quotations marks, these things:"" and in italics) are comments from people on reddit that Christina is responding to.
  • the answers she wrote to them are in bold
  • so if you're frustrated with the italics stuff, don't be. those aren't answers from codemasters. they are questions from players!

(2. by the way, do you not know how quotation marks work?! the other person I had to explain this to didn't speak English as a first language, yet you seem to. what's going on?)

3. I don't even GAF about FFB because I play on a keyboard. I just want them to fix everything.

"We're not fixing FFB as it's not broken for us"

We're definitely making changes in this area - but OP is right that we had to do a lot of investigative work and talk to a lot of people to ascertain what was 'missing'. Also, as we've alluded to elsewhere - not everyone has been affected/been discontent with the FFB out of the box, so we've had to discuss about how to implement it as well (and that's still something we're trying to define). Please bear in mind that we also have a wealth of data here about people's wheels, settings, etc - so it's all a big balancing act to please as many people as possible.

In terms of the process of how we refine and change FFB; it’s something that needed key individuals in the studio to be given the time to look at in detail, whilst also trying to balance this against giving them the time to fix other issues and work on upcoming features. There's also a lot less people available to take part in this process now the game's out, as the service team is smaller than the base game team. There are demands from all areas of the company, with numerous projects going on and F1 2019 launching two months earlier than ever before. In that respect, it's something that's ended up taking us a little longer to tackle, just by sheer number of people available - and that's something we're really sorry about. Throw into the mix that we want to get it validated by pro drivers, and you can see how the weeks have gotten away from us.

And finally, just on the point of FFB: with DiRT Rally 2.0 we very much focused on simulating the effects that come through the front wheels as purely as possible, and we (and external validators) were pleased with how authentic the simulation felt in that regard. However on previous games, rather than just science, we used a little more art in some of the effects (especially with regards to the chassis effects, environmental effects, etc) - and that's the area where we've seen the most feedback.

We didn't think we were launching it 'broken' and felt we had achieved and validated a realistic representation of steering feedback when driving a rally car. The sheer volume of [negative] feedback we've had definitely took us by surprise, and it's taken us a considerable amount of time to find something that a/ tackles the feedback we've had, and b/ is still an improvement on all previous iterations of DiRT games. We're getting there, and I look forward to sharing with you in the coming weeks when these changes/options will arrive. Our car handling team have done an absolutely stellar job when it comes to DiRT, and they've been valiant in going through the more nuanced feedback we've received about how it feels.

Clubs is in for testing now. It's very likely Clubs will arrive in June - which we know is late, and it's disappointing because the same thing happened with DiRT 4's Clubs coming quite late post-launch - but it's a huge undertaking to get right. We have also needed to refactor the backend RaceNet system and make significant changes to the web interface as a result. However, we're seeing some brilliant retention numbers despite the lateness of this feature, and we're confident it'll be more than ready to provide infrastructure for our competitive plans later this year (as well as all your plans).

Just while we're on competitive - the next update will include human-only MP rallycross. We've always been listening, and that comes later this month in Update 1.4.

The health, longevity and player sentiment is just as important to the commercial stuff as DLC is. There's no point releasing DLC if people aren't playing the game - if no-one's playing it, who's going to buy DLC? And conversely, who will let us make DLC if no-one's buying it? Plainly: everyone who's worked on DR2.0 loves it and wants to make more for it for as long as we're allowed!

But back to the main issue raised: the new environments are made by our amazing Environment Artists and Level Design team, and the vehicles are made by our Vehicle Artists. It's a predominantly different set of skillsets that tackle the bugs. However, player satisfaction and happiness is just critical to our commercial goals as DLC.

We're working with an external development company to make this. There's a VR build in the studio right now - the lion's share of work is done, and we're onto looking at comfort features. More on that soon!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7 hours ago, Fjacobsen said:

Patch 1.06 ???

Sure Your talking about Dirt Rally 2.0 ?

PS4 has different numbers.

12 hours ago, gigiotto59 said:

uh, see above.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, CalvinCar said:

Good Lord man...are you for real?

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Well ladies and gentlemen , I am very very happy with dirt rally and it's brilliant ffb,.  We were told that dirt rally 2.0 would be better then dirt rally but to top that game is nigh impossible , many of my friends have bought dirt 2.0 and are very unhappy , I myself learnt to wait unlike my mistake in buying the terrible dirt 4. So I will wait until dirt rally 2.0 comes down in price and wait till feedback gets better also , plus I have all the cars all the tracks on dirt rally for you lot I hear have to pay for as dlc , it will never top dirt rally if we're all honest , ,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CalvinCar said:

There is no fix coming because there is nothing to fix. This was officially confirmed by Christina last week. 

In other words, the ffb was never broken, it's not broken now and it never will be, no matter how much you shout and protest to the contrary. 

latest?cb=20150911191100