Technical issues such as framerate drop

Chris, a quick look at these forums and the Reddit forum shows how many issues people are having with the new update. It would be great to have some acknowledgement of which issues the dev team is aware of, which ones are actively being looked at, and what the fix ETA is.

Personally, I’m unable to complete 3 laps of Baku without the game having a stuttering fit. I run ok for the most part but suddenly the game will have a quick hiccup and then the framerate will drop drastically and continue to get worse until it’s basically impossible to drive. That’s especially fun to deal with on a race like Baku where a ruined run is just one wall away and it can take ages to complete 3 decent laps.

I have to shut down the app and restart it so that the framerate runs smoothly again. This was a problem in the last version but was very rare... now it’s much more frequent. 

Right now it’s preventing me from getting the season pass because I just don’t want to deal with the frustration. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Probably helpful to let them know the device and OS version.

If he typing about Baku, propably he runs on iOS.

I have also the same issue with framerate on Android 9.0 (Melbourne event for example)

Restart app causes framerate smoith until minimizing.

Edited by mattzd

Hello - framerate and general gameplay quality is the kind of topic you work on consistently, through each patch and update, so even if we're not super talkative about it, it's something that's always being optimised where possible. We know that some players are struggling with it so are always looking for ways to improve the situation.

Framerate quality and similar topics are not exclusively affected by the game - factors such as the device, OS, storage and others all come into play - but wherever there's more we can do to help things, that's what we'll do 🙂 

Hi Chris,

I think in this case it is the game ... the issue with the frame rate has only started since the update (5) but it also seems to be local ... I had a number of duels where I stuck in slow-motion while my opponent went off to gain an 11 second advantage before I even crossed the line. 

Also since the update the game is jumping during the duels.

This is pathetic.. After every 10 minutes of China's event i need to put my phone on cold table and wait because of overheating. Only in this game... It is not OS related issue, as you can see, iOS users also have the same. Update 4 worked smooth on Android 8 and Android 9, now some tracks are practically unplayable...

what if creating an option to choose the graphics level in game (high, medium, low?)

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 7:32 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - framerate and general gameplay quality is the kind of topic you work on consistently, through each patch and update, so even if we're not super talkative about it, it's something that's always being optimised where possible. We know that some players are struggling with it so are always looking for ways to improve the situation.

Framerate quality and similar topics are not exclusively affected by the game - factors such as the device, OS, storage and others all come into play - but wherever there's more we can do to help things, that's what we'll do 🙂

Edited by PGIII
Fixed by reinstalling

Increasing framerate drop is still remain for my iPhone 7 plus.

In 1 lap qualify in monaco, that frequently happenes after Nouvelle chicane.

Now framerate drops in duels have happened four times in a row. And in the event of monaco it suddenly happened, sometimes framerate stopped for a moment, at other times a little framerate drop continued to the finish line.I have a feeling that I lost half a second per one lap, so I gave up trying to make my best lap.

Please tell me what to do for a temporery solution, and investigate seriously the possibility that the cause may be this update’s code errorness.