Sign in to follow this  

You will not be able to change ballast in F1 2019 due to the new real life weight distribution rules.

Posted (edited)

This is from a german-only speaking youtuber that attended the preview event a week or so ago. I don't speak german but a german friend shared this with me and translated the quote at 4:00 to:
"I have good news for every normal driver and bad news for every eSport driver. Weight Distribution is not changeable and AI is harder to beat."

Edited by MrCosta96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrCosta96 said:

This is from a german-only speaking youtuber that attended the preview event a week or so ago. I don't speak german but a german friend shared this with me and translated the quote at 4:00 to:
"I have good news for every normal driver and bad news for every eSport driver. Weight Distribution is not changeable and AI is harder to beat."

If were going to be this realistic with set up does this mean were allowed to change tyre pressure between qualy and race finally like they can in f1 I seriously don't get why they lock it out, you're allowed front wing changes but don't allow the tyre pressure like they do in f1

• Agree 1

Honestly, this is good news.  The front wing didn't really have a purpose in more than half the tracks this last year.

• Agree 1

wow if this is true! thats alot of rear tyre wear headaches cured during league races... Run enough rear ballast to be competative.... or drop it to have the tyre's last for the 1 stopper stints that is very popularly stretched in races.

now its not an issue hopefully...

• Agree 1

This would definitely be great, hopefully no more completely unrealistic setups

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 12:11 PM, R4pp3r said:

If were going to be this realistic with set up does this mean were allowed to change tyre pressure between qualy and race finally like they can in f1 I seriously don't get why they lock it out, you're allowed front wing changes but don't allow the tyre pressure like they do in f1

or set tyre pressure for the next pit stop too (not sure if they can do that in real life though) - edit - this last para was mine, previous para quoted.

Edited by peterf1
qualification
  • Agree 1