Sign in to follow this  

community favourites, old racing games to new.

What would you class as your all time favourite racer over the decades? Post your answers and a detailed description of why :)

ToCA 3, just spent hours and hours on that game, and I never got bored with so many tracks, cars, etc. So good!

Probably Geoff Crammond's original GP game for the Amiga. One of the first games I got excited about long before it was released (much preferred just going into the shops and seeing what was new--those were the days), and the only game I ever bought special hardware to play (a Konix analogue joystick!)

Micro Machines + V3, had plenty months of friends coming over to mine and having multiplayer fun on these

Probably Geoff Crammond's original GP game for the Amiga. One of the first games I got excited about long before it was released (much preferred just going into the shops and seeing what was new--those were the days), and the only game I ever bought special hardware to play (a Konix analogue joystick!)
I was so excited to go out and choose my 8bit cassette games & demos with mags lol. Also, going to my uncles to play on his Atari XEGS - missile command, rescue on fractulus and star raiders II :smile:

Grand Prix 4.  Then F1 Challenge 99-02, only because they made it geared towards the modding community and boy did it have some great mods. 

Just installed IndyCar Series on my PC again, but with win 8 I cannot change the controllers or the videosettings, which is a bit sad.