Post Update 5 Topics to Address

Bank holiday, bank shmoliday! 

Following Update 5's launch on Friday, I've been collating player feedback throughout the weekend and today, and I've just finished sending over an extensive report to the team of the player-reported concerns.

First things first, I want to apologise, on behalf of the team, to anyone who has had troubles with the game this weekend. It's not okay. The team are aware of that and will take steps to not just resolve existing in-game issues, but also ensure there are more processes in place to avoid similar issues in the future. Again: apologies. 

Now, here's an overview of the key topics we're aware of and addressing: 

AZERBAIJAN GP EVENT

-          Many players were unable to complete the GP Event, becoming stuck on the loading screen for the races. A fix for this, allowing players to re-enter the event at a later date, is being tested and checked as we speak. 

-          Players who were able to finish the entire event have not received their rewards. After reporting this to the team and them investigating, I've been informed that players who finished the event will receive their rewards by tomorrow morning.

-          During the event, the 2018 grid and driver line-up was present, instead of the 2019 content. This has been logged and good progress is being made to ensure this doesn't happen in future events.

PREVIOUS GP EVENTS

-          After paying Credits to enter a previous event, some players have reported they cannot progress to the end of the event. This was due to a similar factor to the Azerbaijan GP Event and should now be resolved in-game. For any players who attempted to re-run a past event and spent Credits, only to be unable to finish it, any updates on this topic and potential refunds will be added to this FAQ.

PROFILE SECTION DIPLAY ERRORS

-          Previously purchased helmets are not visible

-          Driver number options are not appearing

-          Flag select option is not showing (only shows the loading wheel)

In the aforementioned build that includes a GP Event fix, we're also including a fix for the helmet display menu. Driver number and flag issues are also logged and being looked into now.

In terms of patches or live changes to the game following this message, I'll endeavour to keep you guys and posted on any and all changes we make. Please feel free to add anything that you've noticed in your experience since Update 5 went live that doesn't seem correct. We'll log it all and investigate as best we can. I'm going to redirect a few Forums threads from the weekend that mention the topics above to keep everything in the same place.

We're all working hard to make improvements and resolve the issues that players have raised. Once again, we apologies to anyone experiencing issues, and thank you for your patience. 🙂 

• Agree 3

Chris, thanks for this. 

Question:

If we complete qualifying or don’t participate in an event, then pay/season pass a retry later on, how will event rewards work?

does it just pay out rewards for the first iteration?

Due to my framerate issue I posted about below, I didn’t complete Baku’s race and now am worried that I’ve given up that reward for good. 

thank you, we know that there's a list of problems and takes times to solve it all

• Like 1

Thanks Chris, #1 in game issue for me is the behavior of the AI regressed significantly in Duels. 

• AI opponents are undefeatable again in grid races, similar to pre update 4.
  • They are super fast, over brake for turns and then race away.  
  • I'm finishing 5-10 sec behind in many of those races and it seem impossible to finish higher that 4th or 5th
  • If you pass the top 4, they rubber band back in front.
  • Sometimes they try to drive right through you, or ram from behind, or stop mid track, or park on the side and then torpedo you head on.  
  • Often they hit from behind, generate an engine penalty and speed away
  • They no longer yield the line when you try to pass.
  • They are also more aggressive in Sprint mode but it is possible to win against an AI opponent.

Bot balance before the update was the best so far so if they can get things back to that level it would be appreciated.

• Agree 1

Ok, so after 2 days of playing in Update 5 i see :
- Massive FPS drop
- Bahrain event give less point than previous, with better times we can just be in Bronze.
- Safety rating again working as random generator. Crash in Monaco +1, clean 5 races - no any progress
- Baku GP, as we know...
- Disconnecting on stable Wi-Fi connection
- Bots looking like more aggressive than earlier
- Some peoples talking about 2018 grid (i.e Alonso)
- And the best: penalties for being hitted!

• Agree 2

I miss access to the leaderboard after a finished event.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

PREVIOUS GP EVENTS

-          After paying Credits to enter a previous event, some players have reported they cannot progress to the end of the event. This was due to a similar factor to the Azerbaijan GP Event and should now be resolved in-game. For any players who attempted to re-run a past event and spent Credits, only to be unable to finish it, our Customer Support team can be contacted to arrange a refund.

Hi Chris

Ive emailed customer services re the above but got a generic email back stating to check in game FAQ. Lost 100 credits as missed the Australian event and wanted to redo. Now I can’t get it in it and it’s asking for 50 more to play then crashing.any advice please?

cheers 

Hi Chris,

There is one more issue in the game described here and here.
In short, we have to open R&D boxes in a specific order otherwise the game throws an error. Plus, I had two unopened boxes before the update and now I cannot open the second box. Immediately thows "An error occured when saving your progression" error when I tap it.

Please also forward to the DEV team.

Posted (edited)

Another bug:

Spa, Sprint race. When I started from position 6th (above oponnent) car hung on inside line of corner with 12kph speed. Acceleration started when i was 10s loss.

Screenshot_20190506_195859_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.jpg

Btw... Please sum sectors time... 1.34... looks like good cheat.

When loss is higher than 3s car got insane boost...

Edited by mattzd
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

+1 for the SPA bug, car creeps along at 8 mph, starts 7.5 seconds behind, launches into warp speed, hit 203 mph on the front straight.

E683B6A6-1A6D-4B07-89D2-CB4A408F4287.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

One more time...

When event is end, appears window with result, tier and rewards.. When i click on "collect" button this window is stuck and game need to be restart and I don't know which parts i've received.

Screenshot_20190507_071411_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.jpg

Posted (edited)

The Thanks, Chris! A few more suggestions to the list:

- Unnecessarily aggressive AI with poor spatial awareness and non-uniform speed across game modes. AI speed in super slow in Qualifying and Sprint (almost always finish in P1), and absolutely OP in Grid Start (hardly ever finish in P1).

- Choppy frame rate. There are predictable parts of some tracks where the game stutters and opponents and AI fly right by.

- Exaggerated bouncing on the curbs.

- Broken penalty system. We get penalized when a dirty driver or AI rear ends or sideswipes us. Especially fun when the collision sends us into a wall or careening off the track and into a maniacal spin on the grass like we’re driving on ice with plastic tires.

- AI driving in the wrong direction (usually after a dirty driver has sideswiped them) and comes at me head on. Is the game of chicken in F1 an Easter egg in this update?

- Deter dirty driving by adding damage to the front wing. Easier to be a dirty driver with a front wing made out of vibranium.

- Address use of short cuts. This ain’t Mario Kart. Disqualify laps when drivers take short cuts. You know, like in F1 2016.

Edited by Fierce
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, mattzd said:

One more time...

When event is end, appears window with result, tier and rewards.. When i click on "collect" button this window is stuck and game need to be restart and I don't know which parts i've received.

Screenshot_20190507_071411_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.jpg

Happened to me minutes ago.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, mattzd said:

Bahrain event give less point than previous, with better times we can just be in Bronze.

This. I was in gold tier, but redone the Bahrain event for the new livery. Now I'm in bronze tier (so didn't even get the livery...) because of this bug and my previous results got deleted completely. This also affects my overall rank.

1. There's some serious issue with the point system.
2. Why are previous results overwritten if you can't improve them? This won't encourage me to redo past events at all.
3. Because I received bronze tier rewards for the rerun, now it says that I won't receive anything for redoing the event again. So, chance to get the new livery is lost.
4. Since car physics / handling changed radically, we're racing against times which were done with the old Mercedes. Pretty much impossible to beat those times with the new cars.
5. It would be nice to see the leaderboard before entering an old event and not just a medal sticker.

Edited by Xoloth
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Xoloth said:

3. Since car physics / handling changed radically, we're racing against times which were done with the old Mercedes. Pretty much impossible to beat those times with the new cars.

This one! I can improve my old times but... Should be possibility of reset personal bests especially after closing "track limits". Now i can't beat 59,60s on Red Bull Ring.

Edited by mattzd
  • Agree 1

1) It is impossible to replay past events. The app returns a "server connection error" and restarts. But connection is good and it works for duels and everything else

2) when I had the chance to replay Barhain event, my classification and points were completely wrong (I ended in silver even with race time 2 minutes less than the best silver)

I wrote to in app support, but it seems you added too many bug and you have too few people. No answer from them in 5 days

18 hours ago, Rosey11 said:

Hi Chris

Ive emailed customer services re the above but got a generic email back stating to check in game FAQ. Lost 100 credits as missed the Australian event and wanted to redo. Now I can’t get it in it and it’s asking for 50 more to play then crashing.any advice please?

cheers 

Hey there 🙂 I can try to look into this further. Just to confirm: did you attempt to play the Australia event, using the 100 Credits, then were unable to complete it in time due to technical difficulties? 

6 hours ago, Fierce said:

Happened to me minutes ago.

Hi there - we're seeing some players have a similar problem when accessing the rewards section, but when they re-launch the game, they still receive their rewards. Far from ideal, and we're looking into what's causing the game to freeze/close for some at this point, but if you reboot, your rewards should be in your inventory/garage. If they're not, our Customer Support team can be contacted through the game and will do all they can to assist! 

Update for this past weekend's GP Event: 

- All players are now able to collect their rewards following the Azerbaijan event. We're seeing a few players saying their screen is freezing when they reach the rewards page, which we're looking into now. Either way, if you have to restart the game, your rewards will be waiting for you in your garage/inventory. Let us know if they're not, but also double check your final leaderboard position so you're sure which rewards you should be receiving. 

- The Azerbaijan GP Event is now available to retry after a local update including a fix for the event. Currently, there is a Credits fee to retry the event BUT, as stated, we will be giving all players the chance to retry the event for no entry fee in the near future, so we suggest holding fire until this is added. 🙂 

• Agree 1

Chris,

This update is terrible. This game is a giant hot mess now. As if it wasn't already before. The team coding this is incompetent. Why does nobody on that team do any sort of QA testing before these updates are rolled out? We are not your testers. If a restaurant had this many massive problems it would have closed in a week. Customers would stay away in droves. 

• Agree 1

im giving up on this game till update 6.

played 5 duels in update 5. no matter what mode it is, i just get sent flying through the air at 400 km/h halfway through the lap

The old take me out before the race starts is back in this update. 

I’m rammed into and taken off track or DNF even before I reach the startline for sprints. 

Posted (edited)

Hopefully you guys are already on it but I'm seeing multiple threads in other channels discussing methods/apps for credit mining.

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi there - we're seeing some players have a similar problem when accessing the rewards section, but when they re-launch the game, they still receive their rewards. Far from ideal, and we're looking into what's causing the game to freeze/close for some at this point, but if you reboot, your rewards should be in your inventory/garage. If they're not, our Customer Support team can be contacted through the game and will do all they can to assist! 

this has happened to me, but how can I know if I received or not my reward such as epic cards? I'd have to memorize the number of card that i have before...