Post Update 5 Topics to Address

9 hours ago, Hong20 said:

Can’t load the game at all...

162BB01A-5655-4B27-AFD9-8C5A38707F26.png

Hello - there was a brief server issue earlier on in the day which is now resolved. You should be able to access the game now. Thanks 🙂

Posted (edited)

Hi I would like to report another errors that i'm facing after update 5:

- When trying to watch any videos to earn CR, the game is restarted (this worked fine for some days after i did the update, but stopped to work yesterday). I've uninstalled/reinstalled game, but no success;

(updated) : the problem related to watching videos was solved. it was a configuration done in my mobile. However, the other problems still persist.

- Portuguese(Brazil) language is not working. I set it in the game options, but it returns to portuguese(portugal). In fact, even if i set any other language (ie: English), it returns to portuguese(portugal). I'm playing from Brazil.

- When i click the return key in android to exit game, the exit dialog is no more displayed. I need to kill the app process.

Thanks!

Edited by SAOPAULOFC
one of the problems was already solved by myself
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I have been “deliberately” taken out TWICE in consecutive races by BOTS- both times AFTER the “real” player exited the race...

The AI aggression is worse than ever before by orders of magnitude. 

Edited by Johnswann
Clarification

Chris,

Game server is down today as well. Could you ask the team to investigate its root cause instead of applying ad-hoc solutions?

15 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - there was a brief server issue earlier on in the day which is now resolved. You should be able to access the game now. Thanks 🙂

It’s happening again.

C042A0D0-C585-42DA-8C45-4D96964A6EE4.png

• Agree 1

Same thing happened to me. Stuck for 15 minutes

Is this "SPA bug, car creeps along at 8 mph, starts 7.5 seconds behind, launches into warp speed, hit 203 mph on the front straight." acknowledged or not?  Because it's happened to me twice now.  I do like the game but the bugs do my head in.

Why not have a page of acknowledged problems? I have to sift through here to find out what's happening and I know I am not the only one to suffer all these bugs and the randomness of "contact" issues - opponents crashing into me but I get the blame.

Update: For players reporting that they were unable to complete past GP Events, a time extension has been temporarily added to help with this, which is now live in the game. This comes after some tweaks to reduce the amount of occasions that players are unable to progress further in GP Events due to technical errors.

We've also been working on a resolution for some players appearing in the incorrect position on GP Event leaderboards. We can see that the Race Series times at the Bahrain and China were being recorded incorrectly for some, so are working on a fix. 

We know that the system to replay the first four GP Events hasn't been satisfactory, and are working on a way for all players to get a chance to play the Events, once all issues are resolved, without any kind of entry fee. This is being tested right now, so once we're sure of how it's going to work and when it'll happen, I'll pass on the news.

As always, thank you for your patience and your understanding 🙂 

@ChrisGrovesMCM you should fix this awful penalty system. It is exploited by players to steal duels. You cannot give the penalty to front player if the one behind hits him willingly. F1 rules are clear, and maybe your team should read them before writing code

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mattzd said:

Got update from Google Play.

Screenshot_20190509_154505_com.android.vending.jpg

Today's optional update on the Play Store does not alter or affect any gameplay elements; it's some behind-the-scenes stuff we're tidying up, hence why it wasn't announced. Plans are in place for local updates and patches that will make some noticeable changes, though, and we'll keep you posted on them 🙂 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Today's optional update on the Play Store does not alter or affect any gameplay elements; it's some behind-the-scenes stuff we're tidying up, hence why it wasn't announced. Plans are in place for local updates and patches that will make some noticeable changes, though, and we'll keep you posted on them 🙂 

Whatever this update did made the framerate worse. Have your testers play the Monaco track. It's awful. This game used to run smoothly now it's all choppy, stuttering and couple that with the camera bouncing around that track is unplayable. Also in a sprint duel on that track the other player is ghosted at first, then after turn 1 the game kinda skips and all of a sudden I'm 3 seconds ahead.

You really need to investigate that particular track.  This update is terrible!!!!!!!!

Edited by xdakota80x

Also, on Android, pressing the back button on the main screen used to close the app. That no longer works either. Another bug for your growing list.

9 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

Whatever this update did made the framerate worse. Have your testers play the Monaco track. It's awful. This game used to run smoothly now it's all choppy, stuttering and couple that with the camera bouncing around that track is unplayable. Also in a sprint duel on that track the other player is ghosted at first, then after turn 1 the game kinda skips and all of a sudden I'm 3 seconds ahead.

You really need to investigate that particular track.  This update is terrible!!!!!!!!

Lucky you! I’m always the one 3-4 seconds behind. 😂 😭 

Here’s another: since update 5, in GP event qualifying, the AI has been beating me by 2-3 seconds in sector 3.

2-3s in one sector!

Is the AI using short cuts now? Anyone else experiencing this?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fierce said:

Here’s another: since update 5, in GP event qualifying, the AI has been beating me by 2-3 seconds in sector 3.

2-3s in one sector!

Yes.

Screenshot_20190510_163926_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.jpg

7 hours ago, Fierce said:

2-3s in one sector!

Yes, seems every update they restore previously fixed bugs...

• Haha 1

Didn’t get any reward when the time expired..

A8998FCA-8905-4124-AED7-815674E18254.jpeg

Looks like the old “faster P2” bug still exists.

63ECCEEE-D31B-4A85-87B0-EFDFD900E0B8.png

Posted (edited)

My rival DNFs in S2, but was faster than me in S3? What sorcery is this?!?

5D0C1792-64E1-46FB-B337-DC20171D5751.png

Edited by Fierce

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Yes, seems every update they restore previously fixed bugs...

I'm wondering if they're having code version control issues within their dev team. That's the only way this can happen. In order to stay on their release schedule when they're working on update 6 I bet they're using the version 4 code and not version 5. That must be why these old bugs keep coming back. It would explain why this game doesn't get progressively better and takes a step back with each release.

Or maybe they take the version 5 code as it was originally released and do their dev work but fail to capture all of the hot fixes that are put in place along the way prior to the next release.

Maybe I'm wrong but in all my video game playing years I've never played one that has this many quality control issues.

Edited by xdakota80x
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Fierce said:

My rival DNFs in S2, but was faster than me in S3? What sorcery is this?!?

I'm not sure what you mean by this because you're green in all 3 sectors?

10 hours ago, dogryan100 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this because you're green in all 3 sectors?

Not in the top right

Just finished Singapore race. 

Was sent flying into the sky in sector 1. But actually landed back on track in the lead and won cos opponent DNF! Lol