Post Update 5 Topics to Address

there is also a problem with best lap time. Seems they were not recorded correctly on driver profile. Here attached another example.

It happens on my Iphone 7. Only to me? I think it's strange, should affect all ios devices...

Annotazione 2019-05-14 134601.png

IMPROVEMENTS OF CAR CONTROLS

-        Control of the car: controlling the vehicle is difficulty, especially when approaching a turn. It is not realistic that a car go often to inner grass of the turn. But it happens often. Game steering assist should be improved to allow players to enter into a turn more smoothly and easyly. If you look at Real Racing 3, you should understand what I am saying. That game have a good player steering assist (IMHO), but a boring and not realistic behaviour when you pass the grip limits, because real world cars braking have a lot of initial understeer, but in RR3 car are always oversteering, and I stopped to play with it because it is boring.

So, for me, control of the car should be assisted more on “rotation” and less on “position”. I try to explain well: if a user in a straigt turn the phone, his intention is for “translate, offset” from its trajectory. In this game you manage it quite well (rotation) , but there is a magnetism to the assisted trajectory that is annoying on straighs (position).

In turns there should be a “rotation” assist that drive user to NOT TURN TOO MUCH. Instead, inside the turn a little increase of tilt angle of the phone should produce an higher rotation of the car, tring to stay parallel to the ideal line (rotation). It’s hard to explain, but driving real go-kart I do not have problems turning steering wheel to take the internal line, until I go under the tires grip limits... 

1 hour ago, TurboNitroFlame said:

there is also a problem with best lap time. Seems they were not recorded correctly on driver profile. Here attached another example.

It happens on my Iphone 7. Only to me? I think it's strange, should affect all ios devices... 

I often have this as well and I am on Android. I get the impression that this is when your opponent DNFs, or is so far behind that you have already closed the results screen before the final times for the opponent have been shown. I might be wrong, but all of the times I noticed a best time not being recorded it was one of these two scenarios.

Looking at your screendump, I do not see a color for the final sector (top-right) and your opponent is really far behind, he/she probably DNF-ed so that could be the reason.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:40 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Bank holiday, bank shmoliday! 

Following Update 5's launch on Friday, I've been collating player feedback throughout the weekend and today, and I've just finished sending over an extensive report to the team of the player-reported concerns.

First things first, I want to apologise, on behalf of the team, to anyone who has had troubles with the game this weekend. It's not okay. The team are aware of that and will take steps to not just resolve existing in-game issues, but also ensure there are more processes in place to avoid similar issues in the future. Again: apologies. 

Now, here's an overview of the key topics we're aware of and addressing: 

AZERBAIJAN GP EVENT

-          Many players were unable to complete the GP Event, becoming stuck on the loading screen for the races. A fix for this, allowing players to re-enter the event at a later date, is being tested and checked as we speak. 

-          Players who were able to finish the entire event have not received their rewards. After reporting this to the team and them investigating, I've been informed that players who finished the event will receive their rewards by tomorrow morning.

-          During the event, the 2018 grid and driver line-up was present, instead of the 2019 content. This has been logged and good progress is being made to ensure this doesn't happen in future events.

PREVIOUS GP EVENTS

-          After paying Credits to enter a previous event, some players have reported they cannot progress to the end of the event. This was due to a similar factor to the Azerbaijan GP Event and should now be resolved in-game. For any players who attempted to re-run a past event and spent Credits, only to be unable to finish it, any updates on this topic and potential refunds will be added to this FAQ.

PROFILE SECTION DIPLAY ERRORS

-          Previously purchased helmets are not visible

-          Driver number options are not appearing

-          Flag select option is not showing (only shows the loading wheel)

In the aforementioned build that includes a GP Event fix, we're also including a fix for the helmet display menu. Driver number and flag issues are also logged and being looked into now.

In terms of patches or live changes to the game following this message, I'll endeavour to keep you guys and posted on any and all changes we make. Please feel free to add anything that you've noticed in your experience since Update 5 went live that doesn't seem correct. We'll log it all and investigate as best we can. I'm going to redirect a few Forums threads from the weekend that mention the topics above to keep everything in the same place.

We're all working hard to make improvements and resolve the issues that players have raised. Once again, we apologies to anyone experiencing issues, and thank you for your patience. 🙂 

Hi, Chris. Is there any feedback from developers about the bug in sprint that makes the car ahead slow down and on the "start" the opponent pass trough him every time?

Or on Grid Start mode, the IA car being mega fast and impossible to beat. 

any improvements on this two topics?

On 5/14/2019 at 1:49 PM, TurboNitroFlame said:

Annotazione 2019-05-14 134601.png

I also found a different problem, inverse of that one... 

at the end of a very fast qualifing lap, i look at the time, thinking “i was a beast, surely is my personal record!” But the time appear not in purple color. So, i go to my profile, and I find the exact time in the track record. It happened 3 times... too strange...

seems that the game do not recognize best lap time, but it write it as record.

probabilly the 2 issue are connetted