Sign in to follow this  

Oversteer

Goodmorning to all. With the new update (2019 season) I notice a big increase in oversteer in fast corners like Silversone, Mexico City, Japan, Parabolica in Monza etc.. Same car, same setup before the update but now the car is uncontrollable, before the update definitely no! (with the same driving style)

Yeah, I got caught out several times in the start. Worst incidents for me was the fast corners at Hockenheim and Spielberg. I´ve been practicing Barcelona lately, and finding the limits there, so spun out quite a lot there too. 

I love the oversteer in the custom cars now, similar to what the Merc had previously.

It could some practice to take full advantage.

But it makes no sense at all. My car is set up with 0 power and lots of aero and handling. That should make it very hard to get oversteer, right? Underlying issue is that the upgrade system should work as it's advertised, rather than this nonsensical random stuff where more power gives you less power and more aero gives you more power rather than aero. I also tried running with as much power as possible, by the way, and that resulted in a noticeably slower car with the same amount of oversteer.

• Agree 1

I welcome the challenge, but I understand your frustration. Just when I got to a point where it felt like my car was driving on rails, update 5 brought back pre-update 4 oversteer.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, DataGhost said:

But it makes no sense at all. My car is set up with 0 power and lots of aero and handling. That should make it very hard to get oversteer, right? Underlying issue is that the upgrade system should work as it's advertised, rather than this nonsensical random stuff where more power gives you less power and more aero gives you more power rather than aero. I also tried running with as much power as possible, by the way, and that resulted in a noticeably slower car with the same amount of oversteer.

You’re absolutely correct. This is a whole other issue. The car’s setup parameters have a misaligned effect on it’s performance. An interim workaround is overoptimizing for aero on the faster tracks and handling for the twisty stuff. If you’ve experienced even one update from Codies, you’ll know not to hold your breath for a fix for this arbitrary behavior. Either way, looks like we’re stuck with (re)learning how to drive a skittish car.

• Agree 1