Sign in to follow this  

WE NEED A RE-LAUNCH - let's brainstorm!

Posted (edited)

Perhaps in the future Codemasters should consider communicating with their customers more. It is what brought DiRT Rally its success after all.

I think they should just continue working on DR2.0, lower the price a bit and I'm sure people will come around. Company of Heroes 2 had an awful start and now 5 years later it retained a loyal fanbase because they kept patching that game and working on it, and talking to their customers. There are more examples to be found.

Edited by chukonu
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, Riggs said:

A wise guy once said: Statistics never lie.

And as a matter of fact they don't. I just hope this game turns around by season 2 and those selling numbers keep going up, otherwise we're pretty much screwed.

This is true, there may well be slots in the game files for dlc beyond season 2 but they can quite easily be abandoned. So whilst codies have alluded to releasing further content, it must depend on how much the game is earning. And unfortunately fixing /improving the current issues is also probably linked to how well the game is doing. 

Look at Anthem, it had a detailed roadmap for future content, each with dates, yet now those dates have been removed as the game has sold worse than expected. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I gave DR2.0 a negative Review as well. But not because of the FFB. The FFB isn´t my main-gripe. My main-gripe (or one of the main-gripes) was and still is the Always-Online-Career. And as long as that requirement is still there my Review will stay negative. I even said that the game in its core is fun, but so many things around that core feel rushed, so that I personally wouldn´t recommend the game in its current state. 

And that review was written around release. And now, couple of months later, and not much has changed. So many pressing issues are still not fixed. I said this before, and will say it again: The reason why DR2.0 was such a letdown in terms of sales was NOT the fault of the Reviewers on Steam (or all the other people who view the state of the game to not being satisfacory)......Codemasters has ONLY themselves to blame; for releasing the game way too early; for leaving out many, many features that the predecessors still had, for making the Single Player-Career Online only. Blame the people who were responsible for these decisions, but not the people who are simply fed up by all the **** that is going on in the Industry.......

And just to say this: Wanting Steam to go away, just because some of its users don´t review a certain game to your liking, and then even wishing that the objectively inferior Store takes over is just mindboggling.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 6

To each their own.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, chukonu said:

Perhaps in the future Codemasters should consider communicating with their customers more. It is what brought DiRT Rally its success after all.

Dirt Rally was amazing, It got me off my MMO cycle and back into racing sims after 10 years of not touching my sim rig and racing wheel. A big reason was the amount of information Codemasters were providing during the games development. (Visiting the website and seeing devblogs/road maps and communication etc.)

5 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

Look at Anthem, it had a detailed roadmap for future content, each with dates, yet now those dates have been removed as the game has sold worse than expected.  

That game had a messy development cycle and really was poorly planned from the start. I think Codemasters were and still are far more organised. Its just the small workforce in the studio needed more time and more thorough QA testing phase given problems with unlocking DLC content and online racenet issues still exist. Those issues should not be exist at all post release.

GT Sport requires constant online for its main mode and it's a brilliant game. It also had a rocky start if I remember correctly, people were even ridiculing the early graphics and lack of content. But if you look at where GT Sport is now, it can be really inspiring. The game is kept alive by regular, free monthly updates and great online mode.

Same thing (sort of) happened with No Man's Sky.

I hope Codemasters follow the same route. It would be a shame if they abandoned such a promising game as Dirt 2.0...

• Agree 3

If a rally car does not go faster than 10km / h this is ridiculous and I think Codemasters has delivered a half finished game some mistakes are just too serious.

I'm not for a reboot but Codemasters must now finally fix the serious flaws

I've never had that grip issue, and I thought it was patched recently. Have you updated the game etc?

I wonder if Codemasters before release
The game synonymous test let the errors alone I have already found, I have serious doubt

@Rallystu2 i have all Patches ! Yes ! and The Problem its only in Argentina Group B 4 FWD

3 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I wonder if Codemasters before release
The game synonymous test let the errors alone I have already found, I have serious doubt

@Rallystu2 i have all Patches ! Yes ! and The Problem its only in Argentina Group B 4 FWD

Can you post a video so we and codies can see the issue in action?

Unfortunately I can not but try it with the Peugot 205
Weekly event the first WP was without problems only from the second WP lead the car slowly
And it's not the first time it's the third time in a row in a Weekly Argentina Evenr

I feel like this thread can only lead to bickering over why it's doing poorly and is it fair to Codemasters that the reviews on steam are averaging a 5.8/10 or whatever. I think it isn't, but they should have delayed the game a month. it would have sold like hotcakes. only issue with that: they had to divert staff for F1 😕

so yeah, I'm going to say this again. use the suggestion box. that's what it is there for.

specific solutions or ideas are what this game needs.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, danielofifi said:

GT Sport requires constant online for its main mode and it's a brilliant game. It also had a rocky start if I remember correctly, people were even ridiculing the early graphics and lack of content. But if you look at where GT Sport is now, it can be really inspiring. The game is kept alive by regular, free monthly updates and great online mode.

Very different situation to be fair. It's always online because it's online racing. And the early graphics were ridiculing the graphics when the game was first revealed yes, so the game was delayed and released when it was ready. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Decks said:

Very different situation to be fair. It's always online because it's online racing. And the early graphics were ridiculing the graphics when the game was first revealed yes, so the game was delayed and released when it was ready. 

Not all modes are online racing in GT Sport, even when you do single player campaign races the game saves your progress online. Haven't seen many complaints about it.

But I know what you're getting at. If Codemasters delivered better online gameplay, people probably wouldn't mind the always-online requirement so much.

Edited by danielofifi

Posted (edited)

I think the difference is that GT Sport was advertised as an Online-Racer from the very beginning; with a huge focus on Online-Racing (or at the beginning it´s ONLY focus was Online Racing; only some practice-stuff was Single Player if I remember correctly). Maybe all the SP-Stuff that was added after release is now viewed as a Bonus, and therefore the complaints weren´t that loud. I guess it would have been different if Sony would have advertised GT Sport as Gran Turismo 7, without ever revealing before release that the Single Player-Career would require an Internet Connection.

Edit: Because it somewhat fits: Again had a short "Error 500" on the Forum; something that is happening quite often here. At least way more often than on any other Forum I visit. But it quite fits with the hiccups that Racenet itself is showing to this day......

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 2

For me the only RE launch I would like is an ability to reset my My Team completely once most issues/bugs are fixed etc.  Perhaps as a second profile so not all history is lost.