Do you intend buying a Season Pass or a VIP Membership? I personally think they have overestimated players involvement with this game. If it was a perfect game.... one that ran glitch free and offered a genuine F1 experience with fair play and a fair penalty system, longer races, pit stops, variable weather, etc. I myself might consider one of the paid options, but not in my wildest hallucinations do I see myself paying for this game.

Your thoughts my fellow racers?

Posted (edited)

I didn’t think twice about paying $10 for F1 2016, which offered an experience that’s the stuff of dreams for F1 Mobile Racing. It was a vastly more complete experience that let us live the dream of being an F1 driver. All official cars and tracks. Complete driver line up. Full season championship gameplay with tire damage, car damage, pit stops, and 100% races. Aggressive but not suicidal AI. 😍 Writing this brings back memories and highlights just how far Codies has regressed with an offering they had two years to develop and refine to near-perfection. All they had to do was improve the graphics, update the cars/drivers/tracks, and add an online multiplayer mode. Instead we got gimmicky “features” like 1-lap races, GP events, pay-for-helmets, and VIP monthly subscription. 🙄

If all the major glitches of F1 Mobile Racing were non-existent and the experience elevated to at least F1 2016 levels, I’d pay $20 in a heartbeat.

Edited by Fierce

Posted (edited)

I'm trying the monthly fee thing, the extra R&D slot is nice as well getting a choice from two Epic parts. 

Having overly aggressive, undefeatable AI re-appear for the 4th time is a bigger problem for me than the GP event. I see mostly bots so you have to play twice as many races to earn credits.   Net gain paying the fee for me is less than zero. It feels like someone internal sabotaged the game again.

I'm especially bummed seeing multiple methods for mining credits posted publicly with screen shots showing all parts maxed out. What's visible is likely just the tip of the iceberg.  The math seems simple to determine the maximum free credits a player could earn per day, and they know who purchases credits.  So how hard would it to be to detect this is going on to protect the honest players investment in time and money?

I'll probably cancel before the end of the month if these things remain unaddressed.

Edited by StKnowhere

Nobody should pay real money for anything in this game. I would have paid $20 for a complete updated version of the 2016 game. Not this. All they are doing with this is following the freemium model that has a stranglehold on mobile gaming. They could have done something really innovative and tried to make an awesome Sim version for mobile. Instead they're playing follow the leader with the microtransactions, timers on boxes, shallow depth of play, etc. You're a fool if you give them any money for this.

Freemium is the domain of garbage games. Just take a look at the “top” free games in the App Store. I’d like to see Codies make their console/PC games a freemium offering riddled with ads. They’d do irreparable damage to their reputation and lose their fan base so quickly their heads would spin! But us, mobile game fans? Pfft. We’re pretty much second class citizens being tossed the garbage stuff and asked to pay more* for way less. Why can’t Codies just put out quality work and charge for it? Why nickel and dime us for a game clearly built by interns?

If Codies has an exclusive license arrangement with F1, that, right there, could be the root of the problems we all have with this game.

* $60 gets you access to the full (and, understandably, vastly richer) experience on the console/PC games. All official cars, all helmets, customization out the ying yang, the lot. On the mobile game? Why you peasant you’ll need to cough up $140 ($10 x 10 cars and $2 x 20 helmets) for starters. Hang around and we’ll gouge you with an additional $20 every year and $6 monthly. Who knows? Maybe Codies will charge $300 for F1 2019 on the console/PC and the full experience on F1 Mobile Racing would be a bargain at $140. Yay us.