Sign in to follow this  

Focus and Impreza

Drove them tonight...fantastic! They both handle well, good power...easy to manage weight transfer etc. The Subaru is an absolute dream to drive IMO. The handling is just sublime...

Very welcome addition to the car roster, thank you Codies! 👍 🤗

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I like both of these cars too!

However the exhaust sound of the Impreza is not Good. Its pitch is way too high, also lack of deep low frequencies I hope Codemasters will fix it

Edited by RallyLover19

6 minutes ago, RallyLover19 said:

However the exhaust sound of the Impreza is not Good. Its pitch is way too high, also lack of deep low frequencies I hope Codemasters will fix it

Disagree with you there, the Impreza WRCars sound very different to the Group A cars and the latter Impreza WRCars are definitely more pitched.

The turbo sound in DR2.0 is incorrect though. The real S14 rarely surges like that. 

• Agree 1

I found the Subaru way too slow, like if it sported a 1.6L instead of a 2.0. But then again, I can only praise the work done by the devs, because in real life this car wasn't fast as well. The Focus is more aggressive and faster. The Impreza is good on Sweden though, enjoyed its handling very much.

So kudos to the team, the cars are very well represented. Keep them coming!

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Yeah. I am not as quick in the Subaru but, as you say, this seems like an accurate reflection of the real world performance of these cars. I think the Impreza handling is excellent, but it's the Focus I am using most. 

I loved the Impreza. Maybe slower, but I really love it and I will upgrade it for next online events. The Focus, for me, is the fastest of 2000 category. It was my favourite for DiRT Rally, and I will drive it in DiRT Rally 2 too. But I will wait and see if there are some mod for this car, I don't like this liveries. I would like to see the Focus with the BP and Abu Dhabi colors.

Edited by CarlesWRC

Yeah the BP livery is excellent, my favourite for that car, followed by the Abu Dhabi one. However, I'm more interested in seeing a different group for the early 2000s cars, so I'm still sitting in the hype train waiting for that next stop 🙂 

I would love to see the 2003 - 2005 focus wrc, best looking focus imo, also the Corolla wrc or 206 wrc would be lovely, wishful thinking though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Both cars are great but why are the liveries for the Focus all so plain and ugly? Two of them are just plain black, one is plain blue with some stickers and the other one sucks as well. 

It really needs an official livery. Or at least something that looks like it wasn't thrown together in 2 minutes in the Dirt 4 livery editor. 

• Agree 4

love how they handle but the skoda fabia and the citroen c4 just eat them.

3 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Disagree with you there, the Impreza WRCars sound very different to the Group A cars and the latter Impreza WRCars are definitely more pitched.

In your video you can hear also the difference that IRL car has more deep low tones than in-game which sounds like an exhaust of an 1.6 ...
(In general all 2.0T cars exhausts has more deep tones than R5,and 1.6T WRC's)

It could happen if you set a wrong parameter - in case of audio engines which use fmod - you record a sample sound @ 5400 RPM, but yout set the sample RPM to 4000, then all the sounds got higher pitch if you achive 4001 RPM and higher ...

Check the low frequencies of acceleration at 3'20"

I've been looking forward to the addition of these cars, particularly the Focus as it was a fave in DR1.  Though I could have done with a better racenet experience on launch night.  The new season 1 weekly in Sweden, I completed all 6 events and was position 96 overall on the leaderboard, quite proud of it, but then it wouldn't let me go back to the main menu because it said my connection to racenet went down.  Then when it reconnected I got a DNF for the entire thing, even though I technically finished and was even already on the leaderboard.  So that demotivated me and I quit out of the game after that.  

Seems I rarely have racenet issues nowadays, but when I do have issues it always goes so horribly.  

But other than my initial playtime with the new cars going poorly, I look forward to driving them out more later when I'm not still annoyed by this.  

5 hours ago, lilfurbal said:

I've been looking forward to the addition of these cars, particularly the Focus as it was a fave in DR1.  Though I could have done with a better racenet experience on launch night.  The new season 1 weekly in Sweden, I completed all 6 events and was position 96 overall on the leaderboard, quite proud of it, but then it wouldn't let me go back to the main menu because it said my connection to racenet went down.  Then when it reconnected I got a DNF for the entire thing, even though I technically finished and was even already on the leaderboard.  So that demotivated me and I quit out of the game after that.  

Seems I rarely have racenet issues nowadays, but when I do have issues it always goes so horribly.  

But other than my initial playtime with the new cars going poorly, I look forward to driving them out more later when I'm not still annoyed by this.  

Bummer. Still though, the cars are great, I am liking all the fresh content every few weeks, keeps things varied and interesting 👍

12 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah. I am not as quick in the Subaru but, as you say, this seems like an accurate reflection of the real world performance of these cars. I think the Impreza handling is excellent, but it's the Focus I am using most. 

focus is a good contender for c4, but  it's annoying me that it has only 5 gears  😏

Why are the graphics inconsistent. The render of the Subaru engine bay is great but the Focus is terrible.

20190509_001551.jpg

Not just those either, Group A Evo 6 is good while Group A Impreza is poor.

20190509_001748.jpg

Edited by cafe5150

I can’t get my Subaru to load to the game anyone else having this issue? I got the ford

10 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Why are the graphics inconsistent. The render of the Subaru engine bay is great but the Focus is terrible.

20190509_001551.jpg

Not just those either, Group A Evo 6 is good while Group A Impreza is poor.

20190509_001748.jpg

Wow that is some difference. 

Subaru looks great, but sound engine is poor and car is not fast. Can't drive Focus because of its poor liveries. 

So which one is the best overall in 2000cc class (in terms of balance, handling, speed)?

Fabia?

I'd say C4, although it has a very particular driving style.

6 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Wow that is some difference. 

The Focus looks like someone put two old bin lids in while they weren't looking.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

The Focus looks like someone put two old bin lids in while they weren't looking.

Everything looks insanely low res on the Focus, Look at the Ford sticker on the window. Ford just been imported from DR 1 and the Scooby from scratch? 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Everything looks insanely low res on the Focus, Look at the Ford sticker on the window. Ford just been imported from DR 1 and the Scooby from scratch? 

Looks like it.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:12 PM, teknoid85 said:

focus is a good contender for c4, but  it's annoying me that it has only 5 gears  😏

Yeah it’s taken some getting use to but I’m actually enjoying not having to change gears as often. I find the Focus is as quick as the C4 though it doesn’t feel like it when your driving. Also, as somebody mentioned the oversteer sets up better in corners on the Focus which is better suited for my driving. The C4 is good too but requires more left foot braking to induce it.

Ive put 3000kms on the C4 so I’m going to go with the Focus for a bit and see how it goes....

The low res on the Focus could simply be a bug that we've seen before in this game with the Polo R5 having low res textures, which they fixed in a patch.