Sign in to follow this  

[BUG] Scoring system for Bahrain and Chinese events

Posted (edited)

I've decided to create separate topic, maybe @ChrisGrovesMCM finally look at that...

Despite much better results, Bahrain and China GP scoring less points in races.

57415241_2218620845118666_5643742491875213312_n.jpg

59964821_10219293724883475_552379703898406912_n.jpg

Edited by mattzd
  • Agree 2

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, mattzd said:

I've decided to create separate topic, maybe @ChrisGrovesMCM finally look at that...

Despite much better results, Bahrain and China GP scoring less points in races.

57415241_2218620845118666_5643742491875213312_n.jpg

59964821_10219293724883475_552379703898406912_n.jpg

Hello - so, this is something I've been investigating for a few days. The team have been working away on other topics regarding GP Events and making good progress (more on that in the pinned topic in a moment), but I've been pushing this subject to see if we can figure out if players are being incorrectly placed on leaderboards and, if so, why. 

It's worth keeping in mind that your overall score isn't just dictated by your times. There are other factors and algorithms at play, though they are less influential than your times. In this instance, though, and a few others, something did seem odd.

After investigating, it appears that the Race Series score is being incorrectly recorded in the China and Bahrain events, causing some players to appear further down the leaderboard. Now that we know this, a fix can be worked on to resolve things.

Once the matter is resolved, there are plans in place to offer all players the chance to take part in these events again, with the corrected scoring system, without having to use currency. That's all I'm willing to say at the moment, as this is something that's being tested and checked right now, so I don't want to confirm anything until we're sure of the details. Of course, when we're certain of how and when this will happen, I'll be letting you know. Thank you 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

It's worth keeping in mind that your overall score isn't just dictated by your times. There are other factors and algorithms at play, though they are less influential than your times. In this instance, though, and a few others, something did seem odd.

Like what?

7 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Like what?

Your actions within a race, such as overtakes and driver behaviour. As I mentioned, they're only a minor contributor - a way of helping separate close times/scores

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Like what?

I have not seen any other aspect than better time -> better score...

@ChrisGrovesMCM So in case of the same score, game calculating for example amount of overtakes or percentage of holding racing line ?

Edited by mattzd

42 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Your actions within a race, such as overtakes and driver behaviour. As I mentioned, they're only a minor contributor - a way of helping separate close times/scores

Thanks for the reply Chris, I can see where that could be the case especially when starting mid grid.  

It does seem unusual to have a game where all the score related metrics of play are not disclosed.  I can appreciate the "how" calculated may be proprietary the top level "what" impacts results should be disclosed.

I hope the powers at be can appreciate the players may not have much confidence in the "algorithms" in the game given the history of even simple math errors such as the one discussed here making their way into every release.