Sign in to follow this  

What's left?

I've been playing this game for a while and spent a lot (too much?) time playing it. As I am goal oriented, playing without a goal seems pointless. So while playing the game I set myself a number of goals. However, it seems like I've done all I set out to do so I am wondering what is left.

My goals:

• reach the maximum score of 9999 (done, a few times)
  • drive more than 10K races (done, almost at 12K now)
  • drive around the world (done, well almost, just a few more kilometers)
  • get to the maximum "player rank" (done, when this was added somehow I was only at 21 but got to 25 pretty quickly)
  • perform well in events (done, 7 events gold, 1 event I could not race so I only got silver)
  • become good enough to beat most other players (done, I can get to 9999 pretty easily, and after throwing away all my cup points got back to league 1 winning all races I did not crash in)
  • reach a safety rating of 5.0 (done, but impossible to stay there)
  • see what playing at a really low safety rating is like (done, less fun that at higher SR ratings)
  • beat the real-world track record on all tracks (done, but that is not really that hard)
  • see how far you can get with a PI 0 car (I got to about 1700, after that it was no longer enjoyable)
  • reach 100K Research Points (almost there, but that's a pretty useless goal as there is virtually nothing left to spend them on)

I don't see another goal to strive for. At the higher cup points levels (about 7000+ or so) there are still quite a few players that are a lot better than I am, but I don't really care, as I can still get to 9999 if I want to.

And now I can even pay for stuff:

• redo events (why? I get gold in them anyway)
  • get more research slots (why? I am beating enough players with the car that I have)
  • get an extra daily box (see previous point)
  • get a choice of Epic parts (see previous 2 points)
  • get a gold car (kind of nice but does not really offer anything special either)

I really can't think of anything else to do in the game. Now if I could get a real season/career mode as was available in F1 2016 that might be interesting, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

So I am wondering, what keeps others motivated to keep playing? I really hope for some great suggestions, otherwise I will probably participate in the Spain event this weekend, but stop playing afterwards.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Strong work with the goals. Would make for a fun stats page! 😜 

You had me at “career mode”. I’ve been contemplating deleting the game (again) because I have little motivation to keep spinning my wheels and getting barely any enjoyment and lots of frustration.

Edited by Fierce
  • Agree 1

My position is identical. I have reached the peak and because of that I have stopped playing all duels because the three common parts rewards isn't worth the effort. I will only take part in weekend Events. I feel the game model offers nothing for top tier players.

2 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Block bots and learn how to fly.

Wowzers! Three bugs in one:

1. The “penalty” bug

2. The “flying” bug

3. The “Get Out” bug (if you’ve seen the movie, you’ll recognize the sinking effect).

Good old F1 Mobile Bugfest. 🤦‍♂️  

Yes! I managed the "learn to fly" suggestion. Also got another gold in the Spain event (currently in first place in my league). I am really wondering whether or not I want to train for the absolute most awful track on the calendar (Monaco).