Sign in to follow this  

Perfect starts not being recorded...

Posted (edited)

Yes. That's been going on for a long time.

Edited by Dr Zaius

If you DNF or if your opponent DNF then perfect start won't be recorded.  Same goes for the distance challenge and others.   

17 hours ago, BrianF1M said:

If you DNF or if your opponent DNF then perfect start won't be recorded.  Same goes for the distance challenge and others.   

In most of the situations  I have registerd this, that is not the case, soo no. That´s not it. When I have a perfect start challenge, no perfect start is ever registerd on the challenge, ever. No matter the circimstances of the race.

I could grudgingly accept zero credit for a perfect start if I registered a DNF but NOT if my opponent registered a DNF. 

In any event, that was not the case in my situation. 

Two perfect starts back to back and no DNF. No credits. 

Is anyone aware of a bug in this game that goes in the favor of the player?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

I seem to be getting a 50% occurence of either beeing outrun from the start, with opponent getting up to a second headstart, or getting a headstart myself. 

So in those cases the duel is not beeing decided by the race, but rather by an arbetrary random(?) occurence of who gets a headstart.

2 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Quite a few of them prevent me from having any will to play, so I'm saving time and frustrations and get to do other useful things instead 🙂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MortenH said:

I seem to be getting a 50% occurence of either beeing outrun from the start, with opponent getting up to a second headstart, or getting a headstart myself. 

So in those cases the duel is not beeing decided by the race, but rather by an arbetrary random(?) occurence of who gets a headstart.

Is anyone aware of a bug in this game that gives the player credits not earned?

Feels like all bugs are at the detriment of the player.

Edited by StKnowhere

13 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Is anyone aware of a bug in this game that gives the player credits not earned?

Feels like all bugs are at the detriment of the player.

Assuming that the bugs that exist aren't intentional, it's quite logical that every bug will "negatively" affect players. It is so much more likely that a value that needs changing (e.g. number of credits) doesn't get changed because someone made an error, rather than that a value that doesn't need to be touched suddenly changes. The latter is a very visible bug in the code (you generally need a whole or even several lines of code which probably look out of place), the former could be as simple as a typo changing + into -, a conditional not being calculated properly, some calculation that inadvertently only runs in debug mode and not in production mode or vice versa, and many more other options.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DataGhost said:

Assuming that the bugs that exist aren't intentional, it's quite logical that every bug will "negatively" affect players. It is so much more likely that a value that needs changing (e.g. number of credits) doesn't get changed because someone made an error, rather than that a value that doesn't need to be touched suddenly changes. The latter is a very visible bug in the code (you generally need a whole or even several lines of code which probably look out of place), the former could be as simple as a typo changing + into -, a conditional not being calculated properly, some calculation that inadvertently only runs in debug mode and not in production mode or vice versa, and many more other options.

Good point, thanks.

One example I was thinking about was at one point, you could boost your SR by crashing into the wall.  That bug was fixed and never came back.  Where multiple bugs that negatively impact the player, are not addressed,  or go away and reappear. So I'm not so sure the start or your first sentence is a safe assumption.