Spain Grand Prix

New at league 1, I would like to avoid a start position 20. Right now I am even struggeling with Q3, which is 1:15:20. leaderboard tops at 0:54:45 (?). I consider it difficult to find 20 secs. I tried running full areo - aero/power - aero/lightweight - aero/handling. What’s your strategy?

Posted (edited)

Probably they have one sector recorded as 0 seconds. This happened in a number of previous events also but apparently has not been fixed. Or they found another way of cheating. Hopefully those times will be deleted as they have been in previous events.

I get to about 1:09 with full aero.

Edited by mkymouse
  • Agree 1

I'm running full aero but can't get much faster than 1:13. Prior to last update I never had a problem with this track, but now any minor infringement results in an engine penalty and one tyre too close to the grass is corner cutting, so I'm losing time being ultra cautious. Can't imagine doing a 1:09.

I'm in the same 1:13 boat.  But you are normally faster than me so hope you get there.

With the automated credit mining there will be more players with maxed out setups.  No idea if that's enough to make a difference.

I've been using an iPad Pro 2018.  I went back to my old iPad Pro gen 1 and am consistently 1 sec faster?

So managed a 1:12

The races level things out and I think I saw something about the races will be 5 laps(?).

Posted (edited)

5 laps will tax my concentration. It's odd; I can do this race in all race modes and never make a mistake. But when the pressure is on, I'm oversteering, understeering or sometimes not steering at all. I'm a musician and have the same performance anxiety when playing. Note perfect when rehearsing, but if recording...as soon as the record button is pressed, I forget the first note. 

Okay. I did a rerun with steering assist set to low and did a 1:12. It seems like the Silver tier is the most realistic representation of lap times and when they remove the 50 second missing sector participants, we should move into Gold. 

Is that your interpretation of the overall plan? Surely the top ranked times are clearly an error and will be removed.

Edited by Dr Zaius

Well done!.

The crazy low times have been removed in the past.

Looks like the 5 lap thing is a YouTube challenge so I misspoke..

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

With full driving assists, and a balanced setup of 1497 points, I can't imagine getting under 1:14. Following the racing line exactly, no acceleration hiccups or tricky braking zones the game used to have... I really don't see how, without cheating (corner cutting the chicane?) or maybe by tweaking my setup. But being awarded the 18th position on the grid with that lap time feels pretty harsh to me.

We'll see how the race goes tomorrow 😉

Edited by Norrin78
  • Agree 1

Yes, I'll give it a try. But last time I tried (that was before update 5), it didn't really change anything.

My best lap is 1:12.7 with full aero setup on iphone 7

it is interesting what with different device the same user Made different lap times.

i am evaluating to buy a new tablet...

I would like to know what is your best lap Here in spain And in what device ?

thank you

I am new at league 1 and Nat able to make through second qualifier please suggest some setup because I am trying to balance all parts and it's slowing my car can you please suggest how do we speed up our car to atleast get through qualifiers and attached below is my setup. I am really sad coz after the update it's like I am not able to get through any race qualifier it's really difficult.

Screenshot_20190511-142248.jpg

I don't think there's much more you can do. You don't have the Resource Points to upgrade the parts you have, plus those parts probably wouldn't give you much performance increase.

• Agree 2

I wish they'd hurry up and remove those 53 second lap times. Surely Codemasters must see this. The longer it stays up as the top rank the more the rest of us feel that cheats or game glitches are legitimate. Take them down! Let us see where our actual positions are. For heavens sake this game is a shambles and you just perpetuate our disillusionment with your inability to control the gameplay by allowing this to happen. 

I've done a 1:09.24 with this

There was a tiny mistake in the lap too, a high 1:08 is possible for me

Screenshot_20190511-134201.png

Screenshot_20190511-134217.png

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, StKnowhere said:

@Farroww  nice, what device are you using?

2015 Google Pixel C

This is really utter garbage. There is not one thing in the driver's favour in the race. You touch another car, penalty, another car touches you penalty, another car goes off the road, they spring back without losing a place, you go off road, a penalty. Perfect start off the grid, lose 3 places because you're too slow. Not content with making daily gameplay a misery, now events have become a source of so much frustration, I can't be bothered even trying to complete three laps.

• Agree 1

Yea, virtually every element has become more aggravation than not. This release is analogous to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic after hitting an iceberg.

Events has become all down to qualifying and race 1. 

Qualifying well and getting a good grid placement for race 1 is essential. 

Race 1 bots seem more aggro. And it’s real tough to move up if you start in the middle of the pack. 

Race 2 and 3 is easy if you’re ahead by that time. 

• Agree 1

But it's impossible to get a good grid position while they still place you according to the invalid 50 second times. I'm down in 8th, then quickly in 11th, when I shouldn't be in this position. I can't fight my way through 10 cars to get a win.....and only a win is going to get me a good time. I can't finish mid field and expect a gold tier spot. Yet, as I explained, driving carefully only results in penalties anyway. It's a lose/lose situation.

Did anybody get a look at a video of these extremely fast times? I can't help thinking there must be a loophole allowing a shortcut somewhere. I've been running the same setup as Farroww and on an iPad Pro, no brake assists, low steering, medium stability, driving a Mercedes and using the whole track, sliding the tail out I'm getting 1:12's. I'm sure there's a secret corner that is giving people that 6 or 7 seconds, because it's not going to happen keeping inside the ripple strips. Doesn't matter now and it's not a case of "bad loser"... it's Codemasters tweaking the game to screw with us. I've been a top 300 Gold finish in every event....here I'm low silver, almost bronze. I don't know how the new coding has made me a poor driver all of a sudden.... and on a track I am actually very capable of navigating.

I haven't seen anyone posting video of times < 1:10?  Things got quiet once the data file hacking tools were automated. There's chatter of guys taking wide turns into the sand around Spain. Possibly by reloading and racing the old tracks bypassing updated track limits...

If you were not in P1/2 in qualifying, you're screwed.   With the zero sector bug, it is possible to get any qualifying time you want, just slow down/stop before start finish until the clock hits 1:05+.  Everyone else raced against the bots, which doesn't happen in the game...