1 hour ago, ianism said:

what's the point of a Dirt Rally 1 remaster if DR2.0 exists with almost the same cars, all the locations plus extras, and better physics?

don't bother with showdown. I paid like 3$ and it's not worth even that. you're honestly better off just playing Dirt 2 or 3 for 12 hours

Not a Dirt Rally remaster lol as you said this is basically what we’re getting now with the dlc. I meant the original Dirt 1, Colin McRae Dirt 

• Thanks 1

I understand cars being recycled in the game due to copyright and legal stuff but new locations should be a priority to stop the game from feeling like a dirt rally with 2 new rally events and a few extra cars

• Agree 1

I am enjoying the game and think codies are killing it compared to wrc games which are terrible 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

Not a Dirt Rally remaster lol as you said this is basically what we’re getting now with the dlc. I meant the original Dirt 1, Colin McRae Dirt 

aaaah right ok haha always could do with more bloom in my life

• Like 1

after the end of Season 1 there will be 9 rally locations and 8 Rx locations. my feeling is that Season 2 will contain two Rx locations and 1 rally location to make it 10 in total for each of rally and Rx. especially since CM have previously said that Season 2 will focus more on Rx.

And yet, no one wants or plays RX 😞

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

The best remaster you can have right now is called DiRT Rally 2.0. It combines nearly all the locations from previous games (well the main ones) with contemporary graphics, never-seen-before physics, and hopefully the same or close to the same batch of (g)old cars.

This game by the time season 2 is finished will be very complete, and I sure hope a season 3 is feasable.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, andmcq said:

What data are you using to support that claim?

In Steam Achievements, 30% of owners have completed the first RX one (which isn't necessarily an easy one), so someone must be playing it. Happy to be corrected if there's any better data we have access to.

Hey, personally, I have zero interest in RX - I haven't even run a single race in it (because the rallying side is plenty good enough and, crucially, is expanding) and I wish Codemasters would create a rally-only focused game, but I am aware that a percentage of people participate and use the RX side of things.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, andmcq said:

I play RX and want more content. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone is the same. 

• Agree 2

I would keep both disciplines separated in the esports though. I didn't like the mix in D4 World Championship, it should eiter be all rally or all rally cross. You can have both events running at the same time.

I would also like to point out that as Dirt 4 was released that many users wanted the routes from DR and now it was done and it is not right ...

I would prefer to have completely new rallies, but if the other three rallies come as a remaster it's okay too

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

I would also be happy about a remaster by Colin McRae Dirt, but only if there is a snow rally and night rides and weather effects

image.png.064324a6660b01b848f650fcbb7f1fc2.png

Edited by gleylancer571

7 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

after the end of Season 1 there will be 9 rally locations and 8 Rx locations. my feeling is that Season 2 will contain two Rx locations and 1 rally location to make it 10 in total for each of rally and Rx. especially since CM have previously said that Season 2 will focus more on Rx.

thinking it'll be two of each. RX tracks are easier to make than rally locations, plus the third and sixth releases of upcoming dlc locations on steamdb (so like stage 3 of both seasons 2 and 3, equivalent to Germany from season one) have two locations together.

so like here: https://steamdb.info/app/690790/depots/

locations 14-16 are DLC 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4, and they're MC, Sweden and Germany.

locations 17-18 are 1.5-1.6 but then both locations 19 and 20 are 1.7. that's season 2.

then 21-22 are 1.8-1.9 and then again... 23 and 24 are 1.10. that's season 3.

then there is one more DLC location, number 25 at release 1.11.

to me, those DLC locations together look like RX tracks coming out in pairs.

that means (theoretically) four or even five more more rally locations for seasons 2 and 3 plus the extra one. so almost guaranteed to get Wales, Finland and Greece, I think.

I think they'll remaster Lydden Hill or something (or make one or both of the new 2019 RX tracks maybe) which would be less good than a whole new rally location, but oh well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

@ianism I've got fingers crossed for that, but I'd be surprised if the Group B RX cars are added in the same 'stage'/'heat' as a rally location, and we now know the 205 and the RS200 Group B RX cars will be the first two to be added in Season 2 (files are in the game).

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 8:49 AM, RodgerDavies said:

@ianism I've got fingers crossed for that, but I'd be surprised if the Group B RX cars are added in the same 'stage'/'heat' as a rally location, and we now know the 205 and the RS200 Group B RX cars will be the first two to be added in Season 2 (files are in the game).

yep, sounds like it makes sense. where'd that info come from?

and which 205?

edit: wow I did not read your post very carefully

Edited by ianism

On 5/12/2019 at 10:04 AM, Shmeefly said:

I get it, but let’s not forget that most people payed full price for dirt rally 1 and dirt 4 when they came out, and most of 2.0s content is recycled content we’ve already payed for in the past, yes it’s remastered but if 70% of a game is remastered maybe they shouldn’t have charged £70 for it, what remaster do you know that charges full retail, traditionally with Dirt so far, we’ve always payed full price and got 6 original locations and this only still has 3, I know it sounds like an excuse to bash CM but it’s not, we did only get half of what is expected in terms of new original content and let’s not also forget how badly the game released in an unfinished and unpolished state, they’re still trying to fix it now, if we’re getting half the work I would at least expect us as a consumer to expect it to be finished properly with some nice new improvements and additions, but that’s not the case, the car list imo, when eventually all of the dlc is released is what I would expect the car list to be at launch, as most again are recycled, which is fine btw but you can’t realistically praise ‘copy n paste’ I see where your coming from however, it is a great game as they always do, but the state it was released isn't acceptable and praising those standards will only give them a free pass to repeat it in the future, I believe as the consumer we need to hold a certain standard, currently no real law in place to protect us from the corporate side of the industry so we must protect our own investments, by all means praise them, but if we don’t also speak up about the games negatives it will all be brushed under the carpet, personally I expected a lot more from this game, and I’m ok to be disappointed on a personal level, but the unmet standards are not forgiving, I won’t forget that so il be waiting to see the condition of the next title before I buy it, that’s not the type of relationship I want with my favourite franchise, that’s where I stand anyway

but you know that 70 € is deluxe right ? Standard was 45 or smth. which isnt full price nowadays. (steam that is )

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, paint21 said:

but you know that 70 € is deluxe right ? Standard was 45 or smth. which isnt full price nowadays. (steam that is )

exactly. in Canada it was like $91 after tax for deluxe and $65 for the base game. that base price is the same as or cheaper than the PS2 games I bought back in the early 2000s, without adjusting for inflation!

this game is easily worth as much as NFS Hot Pursuit 2, GTA San Andreas and the like.

Edited by ianism
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I play RX and want more content. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone is the same. 

Like most people, I haven't even played a single RX game so how do I know if I don't like it?