So with a little under 2 weeks until Germany releases, the final instalment of season 1, do we have an idea of what we can expect for season 2? What it will be and when it’s coming? I’m more interested in what Rally content will be added over the RX, though I know RX is coming so il suck that up, a lot of people have been suggesting a nice group of rally cars to be added along with Greece, Finland and Wales, so hoping to see all this come, a few new cars would be nice but even just re adding those that were previously cut would be better than nothing, though there’s a few iconics that have never made it into the game and they’ve had a good amount of votes, just some idea of what to expect would be appreciated, along with getting everything fixed properly 😅 thanks

• Like 1

What we know so far is that there will be some RX content, including Group B RX, and some rally content.

Aside from that, there are rumours with varying degrees of authenticity.

We've seen footage of the '01 Impreza.

We've seen audio recording of a Group B Porsche RS SC and an '01 Focus confirmed to be by Codemasters and a '97 Impreza photographed having sound recorded but we know not by whom.

Oliver Bennett, driver of the WRX Mini (a sponsor using DR2 for promos) mentioned his car being in game in 'summer'.

We have far less substantiated rumours pointing at an '03 Peugeot 206 (photo of one on a wall) and a Nissan F2 car (deleted Facebook post by the car's owner).

---

Hoping for all three remaining DR1 venues might be a little optimistic, I'm afraid there's going to be some RX content in here, but one or two seems feasible.

Car-wise, I expect the cars to come in class 'pairs' like the first pack, so a lot will depend on whether there are two or four Group B RX cars coming.

• Agree 2

I'd say the Focus 01 will come with the Impreza 01, and if there's a 03 Peugeot 206 it might come with either the 03 Xsara or something else.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

We have far less substantiated rumours pointing at an '03 Peugeot 206 (photo of one on a wall) and a Nissan F2 car (deleted Facebook post by the car's owner).

Was that a Nissan F2 car or was that the Nissan Sunny GTi-R Group A?

If it was the Group A car, the recordings for the Legacy make sense as that would create a lovely 'class pair'.

Interesting theory, isn't it?

Edited by SimVansevenant

Posted (edited)

@RodgerDavies if we’re getting the Porsche RS SC, Group B il be pleased, I’m hopeful for the Toyota Celica GT4, Group A but I doubt it, would be nice to see the Mini Countryman and the Hyundai i20 back too, I’ve also practically begged them to bring back the Audi Sport Quattro from DR1 and the Peugeot 306 MAXI KC but I doubt wel see them, there’s been a lot of requests for the MAXI so who knows, I’d be happy with the Group B RX depending on the cars, I’d like to see that Toyota 222B in there and others as long has they aren’t the same Group Bs that we’ve had in Rally since forever lol

Edited by Shmeefly

I'm thinking the Porche and Lancia 037 as the rally cars and wales from DR1. the rest will be RX

36 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Was that a Nissan F2 car or was that the Nissan Sunny GTi-R Group A?

Nissan Almera F2 if I remember correctly

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

@RodgerDavies if we’re getting the Porsche RS SC, Group B il be pleased, I’m hopeful for the Toyota Celica GT4, Group A but I doubt it, would be nice to see the Mini Countryman and the Hyundai i20 back too, I’ve also practically begged them to bring back the Audi Sport Quattro from DR1 and the Peugeot 306 MAXI KC but I doubt wel see them, there’s been a lot of requests for the MAXI so who knows, I’d be happy with the Group B RX depending on the cars, I’d like to see that Toyota 222B in there and others as long has they aren’t the same Group Bs that we’ve had in Rally since forever lol

You could be in luck with the 306 maxi. I remember someone naming a list of 5 cars they would like to see in dr2 dlc, the list contained the Ibiza and 306 f2 cars and Christina responded saying something along the lines of “a couple of your wishes may be granted 😉”. 

The other 3 cars the user requested would have been new to the series so it’s fairly safe to say she was referring to the f2 cars. 

So we have the 01 focus, 01 impreza, f2 ibiza and f2 306. Doesn't leave much room for fresh content, at least not for season 2 anyway 😢

Admittedly i’m going off on a bit of a tangent, but why weren’t these cars from the previous games in the game at launch? 

Plus apparently RX will have some presence in season 2. So if season 1 had 6 cars, and season 2 also has 6, i would say it is likely those 4 cars + 2 Rx.

Edited by Pieman99

I know I'm in the minority, but I can't wait to see what Group B RX cars we are getting. 

*fingers crossed for a properly modelled RS200*

based on the DLC location schedule someone posted from steamdb (can't pull it up right now because I'm on a phone), it looks like we'll get two rally locations the first two months and then two RX ones for the third month.

I think it's safe to assume the rally ones will be two of Finland, Greece and Wales.

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

You could be in luck with the 306 maxi. I remember someone naming a list of 5 cars they would like to see in dr2 dlc, the list contained the Ibiza and 306 f2 cars and Christina responded saying something along the lines of “a couple of your wishes may be granted 😉”. 

The other 3 cars the user requested would have been new to the series so it’s fairly safe to say she was referring to the f2 cars. 

So we have the 01 focus, 01 impreza, f2 ibiza and f2 306. Doesn't leave much room for fresh content, at least not for season 2 anyway 😢

Admittedly i’m going off on a bit of a tangent, but why weren’t these cars from the previous games in the game at launch? 

Plus apparently RX will have some presence in season 2. So if season 1 had 6 cars, and season 2 also has 6, i would say it is likely those 4 cars + 2 Rx.

I’ve posted numerous questions asking this very same thing to the devs, I mentioned that all these cut cars are basically sat somewhere on a hardrive so giving them an update for 2.0 would have been no trouble at all, compared to creating new cars from scratch, which there aren’t enough of imo but due to that, the cuts were an added frustration, I’m hopeful for a season 3, missing out one of the DR1 locations doesn’t make sense, and we only got 3 new ones at launch so season 3 for me is kind of a must, also considering the issues all the deluxe owners had to face at launch, I mean I didn’t even receive the credits drop as an apology lol I got the notification, had played every day since day 1 (early release) and no credits were added, and had to waste over 3 million unlocking the glitched trophies buying the Group A and B cars over and over, season 3 should add the last location from DR1 and 2 new, plus a good bunch of cars, or even just the 1 location and a good shed of cars, after all doing them now would save them time when starting development on DR3, I just hope they’ve learned from these mistakes for 3 in the future l, ie: release it with enough content at launch and ffs release it polished and finished lol

• Agree 1

Please add rally like that.  Dirty broken asphalt and change grip off the road like on this film 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, tea3k said:

Please add rally like that.  Dirty broken asphalt and change grip off the road like on this film 

Eventhough it's a great rally, I'd prefer the Condroz Rally, Ypres Rally or Spa Rally. Ypres rally mainly because I live in the area and drive on the stages on a daily basis.  

Posted (edited)
season two?
where is season two?
I do not know any season two even though I have already paid
We do not even need to start dreaming all the cars (except the WRC) and all the tracks from Dirt Rally will come back ........
Edited by gleylancer571

7 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

season two?
where is season two?
I do not know any season two even though I have already paid

We do not even need to start dreaming all the cars (except the WRC) and all the tracks from Dirt Rally will come back ........

Relax... We're going to be informed eventually. 

• Thanks 1

I also want to praise Codemasters
45 rally cars and 9 rallies, that's not small
By the way, Sweden looks fantastic
  • Like 1

Does anyone actually play the RX content?

• Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, andmcq said:

Yep! 

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, andmcq said:

I did 4 or 5 championships then it gets boring, there is no narrative, no progression, ...even if we get two new locations, i doubt i will return. 

11 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

I also want to praise Codemasters
45 rally cars and 9 rallies, that's not small
By the way, Sweden looks fantastic

I get it, but let’s not forget that most people payed full price for dirt rally 1 and dirt 4 when they came out, and most of 2.0s content is recycled content we’ve already payed for in the past, yes it’s remastered but if 70% of a game is remastered maybe they shouldn’t have charged £70 for it, what remaster do you know that charges full retail, traditionally with Dirt so far, we’ve always payed full price and got 6 original locations and this only still has 3, I know it sounds like an excuse to bash CM but it’s not, we did only get half of what is expected in terms of new original content and let’s not also forget how badly the game released in an unfinished and unpolished state, they’re still trying to fix it now, if we’re getting half the work I would at least expect us as a consumer to expect it to be finished properly with some nice new improvements and additions, but that’s not the case, the car list imo, when eventually all of the dlc is released is what I would expect the car list to be at launch, as most again are recycled, which is fine btw but you can’t realistically praise ‘copy n paste’ I see where your coming from however, it is a great game as they always do, but the state it was released isn't acceptable and praising those standards will only give them a free pass to repeat it in the future, I believe as the consumer we need to hold a certain standard, currently no real law in place to protect us from the corporate side of the industry so we must protect our own investments, by all means praise them, but if we don’t also speak up about the games negatives it will all be brushed under the carpet, personally I expected a lot more from this game, and I’m ok to be disappointed on a personal level, but the unmet standards are not forgiving, I won’t forget that so il be waiting to see the condition of the next title before I buy it, that’s not the type of relationship I want with my favourite franchise, that’s where I stand anyway

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

I get it, but let’s not forget that most people payed full price for dirt rally 1 and dirt 4 when they came out, and most of 2.0s content is recycled content we’ve already payed for in the past, yes it’s remastered but if 70% of a game is remastered maybe they shouldn’t have charged £70 for it, what remaster do you know that charges full retail, traditionally with Dirt so far, we’ve always payed full price and got 6 original locations and this only still has 3, I know it sounds like an excuse to bash CM but it’s not, we did only get half of what is expected in terms of new original content and let’s not also forget how badly the game released in an unfinished and unpolished state, they’re still trying to fix it now, if we’re getting half the work I would at least expect us as a consumer to expect it to be finished properly with some nice new improvements and additions, but that’s not the case, the car list imo, when eventually all of the dlc is released is what I would expect the car list to be at launch, as most again are recycled, which is fine btw but you can’t realistically praise ‘copy n paste’ I see where your coming from however, it is a great game as they always do, but the state it was released isn't acceptable and praising those standards will only give them a free pass to repeat it in the future, I believe as the consumer we need to hold a certain standard, currently no real law in place to protect us from the corporate side of the industry so we must protect our own investments, by all means praise them, but if we don’t also speak up about the games negatives it will all be brushed under the carpet, personally I expected a lot more from this game, and I’m ok to be disappointed on a personal level, but the unmet standards are not forgiving, I won’t forget that so il be waiting to see the condition of the next title before I buy it, that’s not the type of relationship I want with my favourite franchise, that’s where I stand anyway

So if a new F1 game comes out it should just cost 10 bucks, because all the circuits are recycled content from the last F1 game?

Also every time a sequel racing game features e.g. the Nürburgring again it should be free?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

@SkyRex no not at all, but on that I will say with F1, FIFA etc, I’m not the only person who believes that seasonal games like that should be less than full retail, not 10 though it’s not enough but full retail imo is too much, for those that buy F1 or FIFA every year, for technicallly the same game with minor updates, just saying, and no recycled content shouldn’t be free either lol

just to edit and reiterate this point, if your new to F1 or FIFA etc then sure you should pay full retail for the full game ofc, however, say I buy F1 2019 for £60 should I be paying £60 for F1 2020? I don’t believe I should pay that again for essentially the same game, with seasonal games there should be some sort of system in place where if you’ve bought the previous seasons game, and you can prove it via a receipt or something, you get 40% off on the next season, it would help entice players that don’t have more money than sense to keep buying it annually, wouldn’t you agree? And I agree with what the other dude said, you can’t compare an annual game like F1 to Dirt, with F1 you know what your buying into, I could decide now to buy F1 2025 and I know already what I’m getting

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Disagree 1