Sign in to follow this  

Original Quattro

Posted (edited)

Never seen the original LWB in games, they always use the S1. I suppose the S1 is more iconic but the original was the game changer.

download (1).jpeg

Edited by cafe5150

Posted (edited)

That Quattro was both in DiRT3 and DiRT Rally actually. And honestly, I like that one better than the s1

maxresdefault.jpg

24395369466_95f65b99ae_o.jpg

Edited by KingOfCoins
  • Agree 2

That's the sport quattro which was inbetween the A2 and S1. I mean the A2 original brute of a quattro.

This is the one I mean LWB

Tjg6w37JaIgKMkYwwMUSlwBmnnPnaCK3CIU6rhzB.jpeg

Very well observed. The question remains, the short wheelbase is always in rally games and the A1/A2 long wheelbase hasn't.

Posted (edited)
I really like the Audis and note the shark gills on the side of the A2

image.thumb.png.9d78ad4292a55de7e8caa36ed4c9a1e9.png

image.png.2054e103f298b62864f718c2e52f86f0.png

I hope we get this car and Comasters would have to make only a few changes to the A1 then we have an A2

Edited by gleylancer571

I think the problem would be balance. The original quattro was a Group 4 car, but it wouldn't fit with the H3 cars in DR2.0 (as it would thrash them).

• Agree 1

On 5/11/2019 at 11:05 PM, tbtstt said:

I think the problem would be balance. The original quattro was a Group 4 car, but it wouldn't fit with the H3 cars in DR2.0 (as it would thrash them).

Not necessarily, I mean the Quattro was a beast but it was very difficult to drive, left foot braking instead of handbrake, turbo lag big as hell, understeer as hell, and on tarmac not that much dominant. I think it could work in the H3 class.

25 minutes ago, iwoban said:

Not necessarily, I mean the Quattro was a beast but it was very difficult to drive, left foot braking instead of handbrake, turbo lag big as hell, understeer as hell, and on tarmac not that much dominant. I think it could work in the H3 class.

The early quattro (A1/A2) weren't as bad in terms of turbo lag and understeer: those problems were most pronounced with the later variants of the car.

Look at the results from 1982 onwards, the Group 4 cars didn't stand a chance against the Audi: it was only the Group B RWD cars that could match them on tarmac. 

On 5/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, cafe5150 said:

That's the sport quattro which was inbetween the A2 and S1. I mean the A2 original brute of a quattro.

This is the one I mean LWB

Tjg6w37JaIgKMkYwwMUSlwBmnnPnaCK3CIU6rhzB.jpeg

Erm..isn't the Audi Sport quattro the S1?

I mean:

A1 and A2 (both long wheelbase), S1 (short wheelbase), S1 E2 (additionally with huge wings) and S1 E2 PP (Pikes Peak version).

Did I forgot a version in between? I'm really not sure, google doesn't help much.

We had the S1 and the S1 E2 PP in DR1 and "only" the S1 E2 in DR 2.0.

I would love to see the A2 and S1 in DR 2.0, but I'm not sure, if the majority of people would like that.

Yeah, the road going version of the short wheelbase quattro was the Sport quattro. The first competition version of the Sport quattro was the Sport quattro S1 (that's the car in DR1) and the latter aero version was the Sport quattro E2 (not "S1 E2"). 

There is a thread about it here:

I'd put the A1 and/or A2 in H3 (AWD), the S1 would go into Group B (AWD) and the E2 in Group B Evo (AWD) together with the other late/powerful Group B cars.