Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas?

Can anyone here think of ideas or things that will be implemented in the F1 2015 release?

I've made a video if you're interested on seeing what i think should or could be implemented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10MLCWAu1Q

I've heard conflicting stories about Project CARS, from people who funded the Kickstarter campaign say the last build was so riddled of bugs that they don't think they will be ironed out for release. Also i've heard that the AI are terrible. I'll get both games anyway but if this next installment of F1 doesn't impress i doubt i would buy another F1 game.

I've heard conflicting stories about Project CARS, from people who funded the Kickstarter campaign say the last build was so riddled of bugs that they don't think they will be ironed out for release. Also i've heard that the AI are terrible. I'll get both games anyway but if this next installment of F1 doesn't impress i doubt i would buy another F1 game.
From what I've heard/seen the AI are getting better all the time but still aren't good enough, hopefully they'll be fine by release though, still a couple of months to go. F1 2015 will have to be amazing to convince me to buy this years game never mind one after it.

Well i expect F1 2015 to be on a new Engine, so maybe, just maybe it might be a new game not a re-skinned, re-sounded version of last years F1 game.

Well i expect F1 2015 to be on a new Engine, so maybe, just maybe it might be a new game not a re-skinned, re-sounded version of last years F1 game.
They couldn't make a bug riddled free game after FIVE years with the old engine........What exactly do you expect them to do with a brand new engine?

Use the horsepower that comes from doing a next gen game to improve gameplay, physics, graphics and features and if there are bugs for them to patch them as soon as they can. Thats what i expect to be honest

Most of the points in the video I agree on and would be nice to see them included but I cannot disagree more with scrapping R&D. I've said in a couple of threads that I personally think this should be a key focus in the career mode. It's interesting that you want the "live the life" feature to make a comeback but you don't want the R&D considering it's one of the most, if not the most important thing that every driver works on. I believe a winter test should be added to the beginning of each season to influence the direction that R&D would take as well as mixing up the grid/tiers so that the results won't be the same every single race.

As much as I want to see an improved damage model I doubt we'll see much of a jump from what we currently have for licensing reasons. However, I believe as a compromise they should definitely work on contact physics so that the cars react in a more realistic way than they currently do. (Sidepod glitch alarm bells are ringing). Forza has all but nailed this so that even the slightest contact can have a big effect on the race. As mad as it sounds, I'd quite enjoy it if for example, if two AI cars clashed at the first corner and then just collects the back of my car putting me into a spin as well. It would certainly improve the first lap and stop people divebombing into turn one knowing the AI would back down without any fear of spinning. (Although casual players would hate it I'm sure. Perhaps a feature where there's simulated and arcade accident physics to choose from on the difficulty menu).

I'm pro-formation lap as well as I believe it could add to the start of the race which is far too simple as it is now. An optional formation lap could help influence how well you get off the line as well as building up the immersion which is never a bad thing. Although I'd happily do without this feature if it meant the rest of the race would be much more immersive and the AI didn't back out of overtakes.

I'm all for bonus features such as creating helmet liveries, editing your career drivers features, improved replays/ability to save them, ability to view an AI car in replays or while in the garage, installation laps etc. as long as they don't interfere with the important features that affect the racing. These type of features in my opinion should never be added until the physics, AI, career mode, multiplayer, penalty system are optimised and working at a level that they should be.

Full practice weekends and full qualifying in multiplayer/coop. 

Me and my mates would be glad if we could practice. Those things that makes you feel more like a driver.

And fix ur 3D shadows :) 

Formation lap 
jump start 
Full control in the pit 
in practice and in quali you can drive by youself out of the box and press the pitlimiter 
and if you come back in the pit you have to press the pitlimiter again and drive in to the pitbox

In the race also if have a pitstop you have to press the pitlimiter and drive to your pitcrew and stop on time otherwise they have to puss you back and it Will cost you time and hold the brakes otherwise they won't change the tires 

this Will make me feel like a real driver

Career mode where I can be the driver instead of having to choose an actual driver.  I'm sure this idea would generate a lot of F1 sales.

robscout said:
Formation lap 
jump start 
Full control in the pit 
in practice and in quali you can drive by youself out of the box and press the pitlimiter 
and if you come back in the pit you have to press the pitlimiter again and drive in to the pitbox

In the race also if have a pitstop you have to press the pitlimiter and drive to your pitcrew and stop on time otherwise they have to puss you back and it Will cost you time and hold the brakes otherwise they won't change the tires 

this Will make me feel like a real driver

True, and it's not that much of a deal to create. I've seen someone who created a mod (in F1 2014) that even let you have some pit controls.

ckevinc1 said:
Just give the Formula One licence to slightlymad Studios job done.
VDV23 likes this post. 

• Committed AI - Don't chicken out of corners if they hold the inside or don't overtake u even tho they have DRS.
  • MORE SAFETY CARS AND CRASHES - Gets boring after a while and maybe the player can get retirements due to brake or engine failures
  • Formation laps - F1 2006 had this and it was awesome, would love to align myself in the grid spot and warm up the tyres.
  • Mbaye self driving in the pit lanes (For those playing on expert or legend AI)
  • The wear - more realistic and players can go for long stints, not suddenly falling of the cliff
  • Pre-season testing - this feature would be awesome, like before a players career
  • Bring back the player truck - like in F12011 where you could answer press questions etc.

theIbzsta said:
  • MORE SAFETY CARS AND CRASHES - Gets boring after a while and maybe the player can get retirements due to brake or engine failures
They should give us a slider, so we can choose how often we want to have crashes/safety car incidents. And they should give us loads of other sliders as well, so each player can create the experience they want to have.

I know this won't be in 2015, but if they bring back the career mode in 2016, they should give us the ability to create custom teams, build custom cars, a track designer, and let us create our own seasons/tournaments. The career mode should never end, and every year there should be new drivers that come up (randomly created by the AI or custom made by us), and old drivers retire. Most sports games have a lot of customisation features, and F1 games need to catch up. 

my suggestions would be;
Initial out lap before race start.
Sat on the grid with team engineers pre race.
Formation lap behind safety car.
AI making mistakes on start; stalling, bogging.
Possibilites of Red Flag, race stoppage, or pause.
full control in Pitstops, driving the car to the pitbox, having to stop it & drive it off. 
Pit crew making mistakes in pitlane, wheel nuts?
More realistic crowd dynamics.
The lap after the chequered flag to pitlane.
podiums? 
After session driver interviews like earlier F1 Games with more relavent questions to what happened in the session.

APR193 said:
My F1 2015 idea - scrap everything you have and copy Project Cars
Well, no thank you, Formula 1/A cars in pCars are not good... The formula C, B etc is great, but not FA(because of lisense issues...)

But my simple idea of codemasters: Dont hide the game, make a trailer or gameplay....

And just one quastions, did CM really say that Championship mode will be 1 practice session, while the Pro Season Mode or what it was called will have alle 3 practice sessions?

FMassa93 said:
APR193 said:
My F1 2015 idea - scrap everything you have and copy Project Cars
Well, no thank you, Formula 1/A cars in pCars are not good... The formula C, B etc is great, but not FA(because of lisense issues...)

But my simple idea of codemasters: Dont hide the game, make a trailer or gameplay....

And just one quastions, did CM really say that Championship mode will be 1 practice session, while the Pro Season Mode or what it was called will have alle 3 practice sessions?
I believe they did yes

Can anyone here think of ideas or things that will be implemented in the F1 2015 release?

I've made a video if you're interested on seeing what i think should or could be implemented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10MLCWAu1Q
What about if they put injuries in F1 2015? For example if you had a crash while you were racing you wont be able to race for some races. :)