Game monitor vs TV: can you get faster laptimes?

I have this question. I play f1 2018 ps4 with TV 43'' Panasonic and not with a gaming monitor.

I'm two seconds slower than first players in hotlap mode.

With a gaming monitor can I get faster laptimes? 

It is completely up to you.
But for sure, a gaming monitor can help by being able to react faster, just because the input lag is decreased.
So, yeah I would say so, but dont expect to be 2 seconds faster due to a gaming monitor

• Agree 1

A monitor will make a huge difference in your gameplay. Once I switched to a monitor (1ms input lag) I felt more in control with my setup. Now I can’t even play on a regular TV without thinking “Goodness it’s so far behind my actual input.” 

Of course it won’t give you raw pace but it should surely help with being consistent with driving. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, Layeo said:

A monitor will make a huge difference in your gameplay. Once I switched to a monitor (1ms input lag) I felt more in control with my setup. Now I can’t even play on a regular TV without thinking “Goodness it’s so far behind my actual input.” 

Of course it won’t give you raw pace but it should surely help with being consistent with driving. 

I feel like this should be qualified to say that a monitor will make a huge difference if the input lag on the TV is unacceptably high. If the TV's input lag is acceptable it's not going to make a huge difference. (I've personally never really been able to notice any real difference between my PS4 versions and my PC versions.)

Edited by Zachrulez
  • Agree 2