Sign in to follow this  

What Is Your Favorite Discipline In The DiRT Series?

I prefere rally, but i do also love rallycross , but if i had to make a choice between rally and rallycross then i would go for rally.

I'm torn between rally and rallycross; given rally already has a number of votes though, I've gone with rallycross. 

It has been previously mentioned that it's likely to feature in the next game, just got my fingers crossed that the racing will take place on real tracks!

Love both rally and rallycross, but enjoy the tight rally tracks the best because you really get the feeling you're going way too fast for the road you're driving on. Trying too pass someone who made a mistake (or is just slower than you are) on a rally track (without hindering them) gives a great feeling that no other discipline can come close to in my opinion.

Voted for Hill Climb, since there is no Trailblazer option. I like rally too, but there's just something special about taming an 800+ BHP monster :D And the longer tracks add to that too.
Also, one of my favorite cars in the series was the Dallenbach buggy in DiRT2.
Actually, I would be cool, if DiRT4 had some special cars, which you can only get, by winning certain races

Didzis said:
Voted for Hill Climb, since there is no Trailblazer option. I like rally too, but there's just something special about taming an 800+ BHP monster :D And the longer tracks add to that too.
Also, one of my favorite cars in the series was the Dallenbach buggy in DiRT2.
Actually, I would be cool, if DiRT4 had some special cars, which you can only get, by winning certain races
Sorry about that. Hill Climb = Trailblazer.

Rally, I'd prefer a whole dirt game about that but I understand they try to please everyone.

I voted Rallycross. Watching the World RX Championship this year has really gotten me into it so can't wait to play it hopefully on the next DiRT game.

Rally, Trailblazer and Hill Climb. Everything that has something to do with fast narrow stages in different an beautiful countries ( with fast cars ) .

JackKey said:
Rally, Trailblazer and Hill Climb. Everything that has something to do with fast narrow stages in different an beautiful countries ( with fast cars ) .
Basically, no circuit racing, just point-to-point

Didzis said:
JackKey said:
Basically, no circuit racing, just point-to-point
Obviously yes ^^ - but depends. Rally Cross is okay, but I like some kind of variety. Comparing point-to-point with just small RallyCross-Tracks I'd say point-to-point wins. Overall I liked the tracks in Dirt 2 the most so far ( talking about only p2p-tracks). Malaysia, China and Monte Carlo (Dirt3) are my most favorite tracks in the whole cmr/dirt-franchise.

I'd go so far saying: put all stages from all dirt-games into one game, add the stages from all grid games, write Colin McRae Rally 6 on it - aand I would buy it.

EDIT: I would love to see some more real hillclimb-tracks in Dirt 4 actually, because there was only one track in dirt 1. rallisport challenge had quite some awesome hillclimb-tracks. what I mean currently I'd favour a lot of more hillclimb-track to appear in the dirt-series instead of anything else.

Rally's the best by far. I occasionally hit the rallycross circuits and sometimes do some head to head or trailblazer. Trucks and buggies kind of sucked and gymkhana is just plain retarded.

feder0v said:
Rally's the best by far. I occasionally hit the rallycross circuits and sometimes do some head to head or trailblazer. Trucks and buggies kind of sucked and gymkhana is just plain retarded.
I liked the Raids, like Rallys with trucks/SUV's. Also, gymkhana would be fine if they make it as a side activity, not a part of the carreer. I really liked DiRT3's and Showdowns freeroam areas with the challenge hunting

I like all of them, but specially:

- Land rush/RAID
- Trailblazer... that was freaking awesome and difficult!