Frustrating... don't buy it.

Hello everyone
I bought the game two months ago trusting the reviews read online and as for the graphics and the performance of the ground conditions I have nothing to object.
But I detect a big flaw with regard to the AI that, not being able to set according to their skills, makes the advancement of the game in career mode impossible for those who, like me, play only occasionally.
It 's extremely frustrating to always run the same stages in vain hope of overcoming the degree "open", while having trimmed the car following the advice of those who have stratospheric times and going all the way with major collisions impossible, for my driving level, to avoid.
I CAN NO LONGER 'TO RUN ALWAYS WITH THE FULVIA HF
For this reason I decided that, in the future, I will not buy more CODEMASTERS games that are aimed at players who, blessed them, spend the whole day trying again to file seconds.
WANT TO SET THE LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY 'to play who, like me, is a real slap? 
Hurray WRC7 and look forward to the release of 8
George

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Sorry you find DiRT Rally2.0 frustrating. It sounds like you would be happier with the DiRT series instead of the DiRT Rally series. DiRT 1,2,3 and 4 are arcade racers and the DiRT Rally games are sims

• Agree 1

It sounds to me like you are struggling with the entry level career mode difficulty because you don't have a whole lot of time to practice and get better. This is a flaw I think this game has, which is that to get good at the game, it requires some dedication (or at least a lot of natural talent early on). That being said, Skiddy makes a good point noting that you might find more enjoyment from Dirt 3 and Dirt 4 which are more casual gamer friendly. 

Optionally my recommendation would be this:

When you boot up Dirt Rally 2.0 instead of going into the career mode and worrying about spending a bunch of time improving to out pace the AI, try pressing F4 which will bump you over to the "Freeplay" menu. The three primary options for you would be "Historic", "FIA World RallyCross Championship" and "Custom"

For you I would start with either "Historic" or "FIA World RallyCross" after selecting either option, the game presents you directly with the option to modify the AI performance (basically the difficulty). What setting would be best for you, I don't know, personally I would start low and move it up if needed (so start for you at like 10-15 and move up or down as necessary). But both of these freeplay game modes offer adjustable difficulty and also give you free access to all cars in the game so you don't have to grind out money to buy the car you want. "Historic" does somewhat limit you by forcing you to drive a 70s car and podium with it before unlocking the 80s cars and so on for the 90s, 00s and such. But with the difficulty set correctly for your skill level, this shouldn't be too much of an issue, and even the first "historic tier" is still comprised of 3 different classes to choose from with 9 vehicle choices, which should be better for you than "always being stuck in the Fulvia." The "Historic" game mode is far more casual friendly than the career mode is and it is a shame they have somewhat hidden it on the second page. Additionally the final mode I mentioned is the "Custom" championship mode. I do not know how you change the difficulty for a singleplayer Custom championship but I'd imagine it's possible, just buried deep in some sub menu. This mode will offer more customizability to you, but is definitely less pickup and play than the "Historic" and "FIA World RallyCross" modes are. 

My only other suggestion would be to ask you what your control method is. If you are on PC and using a keyboard I'd highly recommend bumping up to a gamepad. If you're using a gamepad, then just understand that this game is far more friendly to steering wheels then gamepads and gamepads require some fine tuning in the control settings to get them to feel "right" if you're looking for a more pickup and play experience in that respect, Dirt 4 is somewhat better with it's easy of access for gamepad controls, but Dirt 3 has by far the best default gamepad setup and you will find that Dirt 3 has the best pickup and play experience. The game is somewhat dated and isn't for sale on steam anymore, but can be picked up almost anywhere for a relatively low pricee. If you really must have a steam copy, you can usually find one for a rreasonably small price on key resale websites which I won't mention by name here. 

Let me know if you need anymore advice or help. 🙂

Thanks for the advice.
You should, however, explain to me how AI works.
In all stages in arcade mode I have a delay of about 30/40 seconds compared to the first, except for Monte Carlo where I have, in all tests, the best time with an advantage of 20/30 seconds over the second.
How is that possible?
That it became a phenomenon only in that rally?
Something definitely doesn't add up.
Hello and thanks again

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator