Sign in to follow this  

any news about f1 2015?

i dont know if this post exists already, i couldnt find it though, but do we have any news about the game?? estimates of first gameplay sessions, videos or estimated release date?. i looked and all i could find suggestion posts and vids :S is it possible that there is not enough information about the actual seasson therefore CM cannot design the cars to show how the game plays ?

I'm pretty sure that CM can't show the cars ingame when they aren't shown in real life ;) and Paul Jeal (Senior Producer of CM) said that we can expect some news at the end of february.

We don't get to see the cars early, so we've only just got a glimpse of them ourselves. As you can see, our photographer is currently out in Jerez taking photos of the new drivers plus some reference shots of the new cars. This then gets sent over to our car team and they start working their magic. So it's still early days in some areas of development.

As for the announcement - we don't have a concrete date yet (internally), which is why I haven't confirmed anything. We have some early assets (logo, key art etc) in with FOM and they're taking a look over them now. Once everything receives the green light we can look at locking in an announcement date.

Understandably, but the late reveal of the cars has always been the reason that the game only came out in september/october. This year, it will be released much earlier (not my words) and receive digital updates. That must meen there is already some older content in the game than would enable a small peak, wouldn't you agree? And btw, nice to see somebody of the team back on the forums!

Understandably, but the late reveal of the cars has always been the reason that the game only came out in september/october. This year, it will be released much earlier (not my words) and receive digital updates. That must meen there is already some older content in the game than would enable a small peak, wouldn't you agree? And btw, nice to see somebody of the team back on the forums!
To answer that question fully I'd have to talk about stuff I'm not allowed to talk about. ): 

Hatta said:
We don't get to see the cars early, so we've only just got a glimpse of them ourselves. As you can see, our photographer is currently out in Jerez taking photos of the new drivers plus some reference shots of the new cars. This then gets sent over to our car team and they start working their magic. So it's still early days in some areas of development.

As for the announcement - we don't have a concrete date yet (internally), which is why I haven't confirmed anything. We have some early assets (logo, key art etc) in with FOM and they're taking a look over them now. Once everything receives the green light we can look at locking in an announcement date.

The thing is, most cars will change in Melbourne and even later. Ferrari and McLaren already confirmed they will run a completely different nose in Melbourne (similar to Mercedes).
On the other hand: Beside the noses, the cars are not very different from last year.

Hatta said:
To answer that question fully I'd have to talk about stuff I'm not allowed to talk about. ): 
But this waiting in Codemasters Limbo is driving us crazy. We were young man when we first heard about the next-gen game...

@Hatta So how long did it use to take to get a drivable car in game from when you first recieved pictures of it? Days? Weeks? Months? 

Can't wait to play F1 2015 which i presume is the name of the new game?

Feels like with this and the next Dirt game, Codemasters are looking to almost do a reboot of their image, maybe announcing both titles at the same time, to showcase the  new Ego engine and give it its maximum hype level (only F1 confirmed).  Maybe that's why news for one is holding back news for the other.  I mean nothing, zilch about either game, bearing in mind Dirt (reading between the lines) is already very far along.

Lots of maybe's but there you go.