May 13 Status Update

Happy Monday everyone 🙂 

There are lots of individual tasks and topics going on, so I'm trying to gather them into one thread. Throughout the week, whenever there's any news regarding these topics, I'll add an update to this thread. 

- We're finalising details on how and when players will be able to retry past GP Events with no entry fee required. Season Pass holders will also receive compensation to ensure fairness across the board. Expecting to be able to confirm news this week, and we'll pass it on as soon as it's ready. 

- Fixes are being tested for the leaderboards and scoring for the China and Bahrain events, after players reported they were appearing in the wrong position. This is one of the changes we're obviously looking to make before confirming plans for GP Event retries. 

- From the Spanish GP Event, we can see that some players' were experiencing a screen freeze/crash when reaching the Rewards screen. We apologise for the inconvenience, but we can see that rewards have been added to the player's account/garage/inventory when they restart the game. A fix for this Rewards screen issue is being tested now for the upcoming patch, but as I say, as it stands, it shouldn't affect your rewards payout. 

- Tweaks to the Monaco circuit gameplay are underway to ensure the best possible experience for players in next week's GP Events. 

- Restore purchase re-addition is also being worked on for this patch. 

- A catalogue error caused some players who've completed the Australian GP Event to receive an incorrect sticker as a reward. This is being resolved now and should be added into the next patch. 

- Ensuring that any purchased 2018 helmets appear in the Profile section is being tested for the patch. Also on the shortlist of fixes for the patch is the flag select issue and smoothing out some of the bumpier areas of circuits. 

- We're also constantly looking at the penalty system and seeing what can be done to further ensure it is fair and consistent for all players. 

As I mentioned, whenever something is changed or added to the live game, I'll pass on the news in this thread, and any key changes will be put on our social channels as well. Thanks as always for your feedback, and keep it coming 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Remarkable!! 135 people have read this and nobody has anything to say. Do you feel your audience is feeling disengaged from the game?

Edited by Dr Zaius
  • Agree 1

UPDATE: We're now in process of correcting some of the existing anomalies on the China and Bahrain GP Event leaderboards, where some players were appearing lower on the leaderboards than their overall score should place them. No patch or update required; we'll be assessing this through the day and making any necessary tweaks. Thanks 🙂

Hi Chris,

it seems your focus is on the GP events whilst the general gameplay has a lot of other issues to address ... ie. loss of performance during duels etc. I have a long list of what I believe needs addressing to make this game what it should be.

one suggestion on the penalty system ... introduce damages as it was in the 2016 game and you can't opt out during duels only in single player mode so everyone can practice not to crash ... so crashing into someone has a high risk of breaking your car.

UPDATE: 

Starting now, we're giving all players the chance to re-enter the first five GP Events of the season, with no entry fee required. Jump into the Australia, China, Bahrain Azerbaijan and Spain events to improve your overall leaderboard position. Ends Monday.

Following unexpected issues with GP Events in Update 5, this is an opportunity for all players to enjoy the mode and earn the right scores and rewards, now that some key fixes and tweaks have been made. Thank you for your patience on this, and see you on the track! 🏁

51 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

UPDATE: 

Starting now, we're giving all players the chance to re-enter the first five GP Events of the season, with no entry fee required. Jump into the Australia, China, Bahrain Azerbaijan and Spain events to improve your overall leaderboard position. Ends Monday.

Following unexpected issues with GP Events in Update 5, this is an opportunity for all players to enjoy the mode and earn the right scores and rewards, now that some key fixes and tweaks have been made. Thank you for your patience on this, and see you on the track! 🏁

Hey! This is an awesome idea, thanks heaps.

Just curious about something before I go and retry all the events for myself, is it only one single free retry for each event, or is it an unlimited amount?

Yaaaayyyyyy!!! Isn't this great news!! Let's give Codemasters three cheers! Hip Hip..... Ummmmm...... Hip hip? anybody? Seems kind of quiet.

15 hours ago, dogryan100 said:

Hey! This is an awesome idea, thanks heaps.

Just curious about something before I go and retry all the events for myself, is it only one single free retry for each event, or is it an unlimited amount?

Unlimited retries for each event 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Couple of extra notes on the free retries this weekend: 

- To ensure the boost earned via their purchase remains, Season Pass players have also had 100 F1 Credits added to their accounts

- As always, the score recorded for each GP Event (and therefore added to your Season Championship total) will always be the best score you've laid down. So even if you retry an event this weekend and record a lower score, it won't negatively affect your rankings - so there's nothing to lose! 

Meanwhile, the patch that aims to address many of the topics mentioned above is being submitted today, and we plan to bring it to the game early next week 🙂

Great news! I'm super hyped. Still see no reason to play though. You tell me.... I'm league 1, 25 XP Points, 9,999 trophies. What have I got to aim for? Come on Chris, tell me what I'm playing for??

3 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Great news! I'm super hyped. Still see no reason to play though. You tell me.... I'm league 1, 25 XP Points, 9,999 trophies. What have I got to aim for? Come on Chris, tell me what I'm playing for??

Gold level in GP Events?

What's the point of replaying the events? Even if I better my time slightly it's not like I'm going to move up a full tier. The times at the top are nearly impossible to beat. I haven't actually played the game in over a week. I'm finding that it's more fun complaining about all of the numerous issues on here than actually playing it. There's no depth.

8 hours ago, dogryan100 said:

Gold level in GP Events?

Yeah, ticked those boxes. Next idea please?

Hey Codemaster type people. How about a bit of humility and publicly accepting faults? There's bucket loads in here... I have had the SPA slow start problem multiple times, and mentioned it on here. No response. I just got a PB and it didn't show it, as have others. Clearly one of the least important bugs - but surely one of the easiest to fix. 

I'll pause there as I I'm using up my oxygen fruitlessly I fear.

Read Facebook, Twitter etc...

Game is in maintenance mode.

UPDATE: We've just release a mandatory patch for the game on the App Store and Play Store, so please head to your store and get downloading 🙂 here are the changes worth noting in the patch.

- Track improvements to the Monaco circuit ahead of this weekend's GP Event

- Fixes for the helmet, flag and number select options in the Profile menu

- Through the day we'll also be making AI tweaks to improve their consistency, difficulty and behaviour

We're still working on some other fixes and improvements, so whenever anything else is put into action I'll let you know 🙂

@ChrisGrovesMCM What kind of improvements on Monaco ? Still w can cut chicane after tunnel. I see also more grip.

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

UPDATE: We've just release a mandatory patch for the game on the App Store and Play Store, so please head to your store and get downloading 🙂 here are the changes worth noting in the patch.

- Track improvements to the Monaco circuit ahead of this weekend's GP Event

- Fixes for the helmet, flag and number select options in the Profile menu

- Through the day we'll also be making AI tweaks to improve their consistency, difficulty and behaviour

We're still working on some other fixes and improvements, so whenever anything else is put into action I'll let you know 🙂

*** !? All circuits are now red grippe. We don't have any Land marks anymore. Totally stupide and insane !

Can player still drive brakes on ?

Idiotie !

Wow.  I took the bait.  Updated the game.  Held my breathe, opened the game to this wonderful update.  I am literally tingling with excitement!  Giddy with anticipation!  “Failure to Connect”.  That really is the problem, now isn’t it.

81D505E1-4710-44D3-B71F-B26D9180F2F5.png

New update is déjà vu. 

Unbeatable bots, laggy fps, car seems slower... here we go again. 

Another update is another bugs and problems. 

Wonder what's in codemaster's developer team head 🤔

Posted (edited)

Hahaha! This game is a disaster.

I've seen this happen with bad software before. If you're not properly fixing bugs eventually they start to compound and the code eventually collapses in on itself. Bugs can create bugs which is what it seems like is happening here. The Reddit thread has gone from people posting lap time videos to bug complaints. The devs seem to have lost control of this.

Edited by xdakota80x
  • Agree 1

Are the devs under steering, over steering, or simply taking their hand off the wheel altogether and yelling “Wheeeeeeee”?