May 13 Status Update

Anyone not able to restore their purchases/settings on iOS devices?

4 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

IOS here and all cars are available. Hard restart? Clear caches? I use an app called Memory & Disk. Really good for restoring junk.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, tried both, not happening on iPhone and iPad. 

Edited by StKnowhere

My purchased cars and gold level were retained so started over with relatively high aero.

Got to level 6 in about an hour, bot's are calmer and passable, only losses were to bot opponents.

Incredible to see the crazy stupid racing line is back.

Another few hundred points lost. 

Tyres seem to have no grip. Sliding all over. Engine pen is ****. Cars now take me out by flying into the air and landing on me. Happened a few times as I brake going into a corner. 

Basically the same issues all over. 

• Agree 1

On 5/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Couple of extra notes on the free retries this weekend: 

- To ensure the boost earned via their purchase remains, Season Pass players have also had 100 F1 Credits added to their accounts

- As always, the score recorded for each GP Event (and therefore added to your Season Championship total) will always be the best score you've laid down. So even if you retry an event this weekend and record a lower score, it won't negatively affect your rankings - so there's nothing to lose! 

Meanwhile, the patch that aims to address many of the topics mentioned above is being submitted today, and we plan to bring it to the game early next week 🙂

First post in a good while and this is going to be (mainly) positive

I'm happy that I got the chance to re-try 2 events for free, added a load of points to my seasons score and made a huge move up the rankings.

Re-tried CHINA:

The reason for that was that on the original event date, I got home with about an hour to go before the event finished and I was REALLY REALLY drunk!  Lord knows how, but I still managed to end up in silver tier, so this weekend got up into gold tier.  Pleased.

Re-tried BAKU

Originally, couldn't get into the event for technical reasons so any points were bound to be a plus.
Either I have my R&D setup totally wrong for that track or I'm just **** on that particular circuit but I could only manage silver tier.  
Still, more points and as I don't do duels at the moment I won't have to see those damn walls for another year!

The only negative thing I can say about this weekends re-try events for me was that for BAKU, it seems that originally people could massively cut turn 16 giving them a huge speed boost for the long home 'straight' and this time you couldn't cut that corner (I tried!) so the timings are not really comparable.

Next event MONACO (more walls!!!)

Chris, please make sure that people can't just go straight on after the tunnel, at the moment people can take the engine cut penalty and still gain time, so really clamp down on that one. And not sure if other people have noticed this but after the tunnel/chicane if you stick to the driving line on the game your car will rub against the railings and really slow you down (or is that me being **** again?) could that be moved over a little?

6 hours ago, TH61 said:

Next event MONACO (more walls!!!)

Some tweaks were made to the Monaco circuit in this week's patch to further prevent track limits exploitation 🙂 Ensuring track limits are maintained and there are no advantages to be gained from going off-circuit has been something I've worked with the team on for months. There's always only so much that can be done but it remains a priority and a big focus for us 🙂

7 hours ago, elimmel said:

Another few hundred points lost. 

Tyres seem to have no grip. Sliding all over. Engine pen is ****. Cars now take me out by flying into the air and landing on me. Happened a few times as I brake going into a corner. 

Basically the same issues all over. 

Hello - are you using any assists? No changes have been made to core gameplay/handling/setup, but if you're using any assists, we can look into this a little more. Thank you 🙂

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

There's always only so much that can be done but it remains a priority and a big focus for us

I dont understand how that happens. You designed something that can't be fixed? You may as well just leave it alone and let people figure out on their own that the only way to properly compete is to cheat. All of the lap times in the gold tier are going to be as a result of cutting the corners so if you want to be in that level you'll have to do the same.

I suspect some of the variability is connection quality/lag.  As you probably know, especially when the opponent appears to be jumping around or goes off track and collides at full speed rather than slowing down in the grass.  They are probably on the track from their screen.  Guessing essentially the software is trying to fill gaps where there is no data from one player or/and the other.

I'm on a DSL connection and see more or less variability different times of the day. 

17 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - are you using any assists? No changes have been made to core gameplay/handling/setup, but if you're using any assists, we can look into this a little more. Thank you 🙂

Sorry not meant to flame you, but do you guys even play the game? "No changes to handling"? It's day and night! Not using any assists (never have) and I'm not oversteering almost every corner anymore, the grip is much much better now. How did that happen if there were no changes?

20 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Assist pre and post update are the same but handling is different. 

Low brakes and mid steering assist. The rest full assist with auto acceleration. 

2 hours ago, DataGhost said:

Sorry not meant to flame you, but do you guys even play the game? "No changes to handling"? It's day and night! Not using any assists (never have) and I'm not oversteering almost every corner anymore, the grip is much much better now. How did that happen if there were no changes?

Hmmm... maybe zero assists would be better! Lol

UPDATE: We've just deployed a live change regarding AI balance in Leagues 5 to 1. Following on from player feedback concerning the speed, difficulty and behaviour of AI, we've been running tests through these Leagues and have now rolled out the change, which aims to improve the general balance and competitiveness of AI competitors. No update/patch required. Thank you 🙂

So Hi! I'm new here but have been playing the game for a while, but recently (maybe the last few days or so) I have not been able to get the game to start up. Really frustrated because I was looking forward to competing at Monaco. Anyone else having this problem? It doesn't seem to want to connect to the server.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, nonnonmaisoui said:

Hello. Can't launch the game since it reloaded by itself today... IPhone 7.

Thanks !

I am having the same problem on an iPhone 6. Getting frustrated!

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 6:52 PM, xdakota80x said:

What's the point of replaying the events? Even if I better my time slightly it's not like I'm going to move up a full tier. The times at the top are nearly impossible to beat. I haven't actually played the game in over a week. I'm finding that it's more fun complaining about all of the numerous issues on here than actually playing it. There's no depth.

Same here. Complaining is fun right until you realize two things:

1. This game is made for “everyone” (AKA garbage game suckers), which obviously excludes passionate F1 fans like us; and

2. Codemasters literally don’t care for us second class citizens.

Reading complaints is where the fun is at. I’ve been LMAO at frustrated players seemingly convinced their words will reach anyone who cares and can make changes happen.

Edited by Fierce

14 hours ago, Fierce said:

Same here. Complaining is fun right until you realize two things:

1. This game is made for “everyone” (AKA garbage game suckers), which obviously excludes passionate F1 fans like us; and

2. Codemasters literally don’t care for us second class citizens.

Reading complaints is where the fun is at. I’ve been LMAO at frustrated players seemingly convinced their words will reach anyone who cares and can make changes happen.

The flying cars were a fun new feature they added. I laughed pretty hard when I first saw that.

13 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

The flying cars were a fun new feature they added. I laughed pretty hard when I first saw that.

Ha! Yes, and driving in the ground. Man, this game.

On 5/21/2019 at 1:24 PM, StKnowhere said:

Just to go on record, a week has passed since my account was wiped out after the latest update requiring a delete and reinstall.

No response from Tech Support after answering the dozen questions they sent.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Just to go on record, a week has passed since my account was wiped out after the latest update requiring a delete and reinstall.

No response from Tech Support after answering the dozen questions they sent.

Same for me. Lost a 9999 car in gold result in grand prix (without cheatin !). I've started over. They didn't give bonus trough the ligues. My car is à cow now. I'm 5000. 2 to 5 sec behind 9999 in qualifications without brakes !! And tech didn't answer. They're sûre waiting for me to buy their ****** golden car ah aha ah. Thanks tech. Oh by the way I didn't run Monaco. I was 20 to start the race. Thanks the techs !

Edited by nonnonmaisoui
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, nonnonmaisoui said:

Same for me. Lost a 9999 car in gold result in grand prix (without cheatin !). I've started over. They didn't give bonus trough the ligues. My car is à cow now. I'm 5000. 2 to 5 sec behind 9999 in qualifications without brakes !! And tech didn't answer. They're sûre waiting for me to buy their ****** golden car ah aha ah. Thanks tech. Oh by the way I didn't run Monaco. I was 20 to start the race. Thanks the techs !

I still have two of my custom cars (Merc and Hass, lost Red Bull) so started with strong aero and a racing line that worked.  Actually had some fun racing at the lower levels with kinder bots.  

Lost all the parts purchased and earned the past 5 months.  But won most races  at 450 PI even with 1400 PI opponents which shows how little impact the PI has with decent aero. 

Made it this far in a week playing about an hour a day.  I have not sync'd this to the cloud and only played on one device.

2C011C06-2C79-47DC-9DFE-8CB2ACA20F1E.png

Edited by StKnowhere

Here's the correspondence with Tech Support, no help so far:

It seems that you lost your progress but don’t worry; we want to help you get it back as quickly as possible. To find your lost account, we need more info about this lost account:

- What was your full in-game Nickname?  STKNOWHERE

- When was the last time you logged into the game with your lost account? JUST BEFORE THE UPDATE, TUESDAY I THINK

- How many Cup Points / Credits / Resource Points did you have? 99XX

- In which league were you in?  1

- What’s your short name, flag and race number?  SKW, US and 13 I think

- Did you make any in-app purchases on this lost account (official F1 cars, league welcome packs, helmets etc.)? YES, Refbull, Mercedes, GOLD MEMBERSHIP, credits

Finally, if you are playing on a new account, can you please send us a screenshot of your Player Profile screen? To access to the Player Profile screen, simply tap on your helmet icon or on your full name, situated on the top of the main menu (to the left of your short name and race number).

We are looking forward to your reply and are wishing you a nice day!

- The F1® Mobile Racing

Two weeks now and the cars and purchases lost with the update have not been returned. Not even a response.

• Agree 1