Sign in to follow this  

The Eurovision Song Contest 2019

Posted (edited)

It's the eurovision week with at least few people at places like r/eurovision being hyped! Does anyone here care at all about it? I do... because I like listening to music and seeing the show the people put on while eating a lot of snacks. It's one of the best evenings I have that happens once a year.

Schedule
First Semi-Final: Tuesday 14th at 21:00 CEST
Second Semi-Final: Thursday 16th at 21:00 CEST
Grand Final: Saturday 18th at 21:00 CEST

Here is the official recap of all 41 songs (15 minutes and then you know all of the songs)

The songs I currently like (I basically like all of them, but here are ones I have something to say about)

• Finland | All other versions than the National Final version which always has terrible mic quality or something... I like the singers voice, the song is meh.
  • Czech Republic | Chorus stuck on my head. We'll probably see some interesting live editing as the music video is based on instagram stuff
  • Israel | Very different song compared to the once above this. I guess we need at least one this type of song each year 😛
  • Latvia | I have sung this out loud without even knowing what song it is
  • Norway | One of the only songs I really like that is also liked by a lot of other people 😄
  • San Marino | The music video is a huge party. Their rehearsal videos were really disappointing though.
  • Spain | Party song. Also a bit disappointing rehearsal videos, but the singer is clearly having a lot of fun.
  • United Kingdom | You guys may not be last this year. The singer is really REALLY good at signing.

Edited by UP100
Hey it's done!

Control + Enter posts whatever you're typing. Shift + Enter does not start a new paragraph, but will do a line break.

Shift + Enter example
s
s
s

Without Shift + Enter

s

s

s

Supporting 🇨🇾 & 🇮🇹 in terms of which song I like, of course 🇬🇷 because that's my nationality 

To be honest been watching for more than half a decade and I feel like the songs have been separating ways with my music tastes each year so I'm not into it so much this year as last year for example. Still looking forward to the show though! 

19 hours ago, TrueRacerMic said:

Supporting 🇨🇾 & 🇮🇹 in terms of which song I like, of course 🇬🇷 because that's my nationality 

To be honest been watching for more than half a decade and I feel like the songs have been separating ways with my music tastes each year so I'm not into it so much this year as last year for example. Still looking forward to the show though! 

Yeah there's usually 1 or 2 songs I like but this yea rI'm not really finding any so It looks like I'll be giving it a miss

I guess I've been watching eurovision since I was a child, I think the first one I watched live was when I was like 6 or 7 years old. I guess my music tastes are like this because of eurovision 😛

Finland's performance was great compared to the National Final as expected while San Marino almost destroyed their chances of getting through. The last 30% of the song were quite nice though. Hopefully they can fix those issues for the Grand Final.

9 hours ago, UP100 said:

I guess I've been watching eurovision since I was a child, I think the first one I watched live was when I was like 6 or 7 years old. I guess my music tastes are like this because of eurovision 😛

Finland's performance was great compared to the National Final as expected while San Marino almost destroyed their chances of getting through. The last 30% of the song were quite nice though. Hopefully they can fix those issues for the Grand Final.

Yeah I have often watched it in the past like you I'm just thinking I'l give it a miss this year as there's not really any songs I'm liking that much. 

Semi Final 2 is over. I don't have anything to say. For some reason the whole UK rehearsal is not available due to "technical issues".