Sign in to follow this  

DLC Car Proposal

I've done some searching through the plethora of car suggestions threads. Some of the suggestions gave me a right good chuckle so if you haven't gone digging I'd highly recommend it. 

That being said I just wanted to bring up the noticeable lack of the new(ish) Fiat 124 Abarth R-GT from the Rally GT class. 

This one for those of you who don't recognize it:

c7ls9mucidvonyfiphla.jpg

The lack of presence of this vehicle in the Rally GT class is actually rather interesting when you consider how successful this car has been in the R-GT class IRL since its debut. You would think the car that won the 2018 ERC R-GT Chamipionship and the 2018 FIA R-GT Championship, and had some extremely dominant performances in 2018, would be a headlining vehicle for the Rally GT category in Dirt 2.0, but much to your disappointment it is not. 

Now mind you, you make be thinking right now "But Fireball, the 124 makes only 300 horsepower from a 1.8L Turbo 4, how could it ever compete with the 400+hp cars in the games Rally GT class?!?" And that's the kicker kid, the official FIA homologation guidelines for the R-GT class specifies that vehicles must be limited to approximately 7 lbs/hp (official figures are given in metric as 3.4kg/hp). If you do the math what you'll find is that all of the cars in game in the Rally GT class are already close to compliant with this homologation guideline.

Porsche 911 RGT -- 6.48lb/hp

Camaro -- 6.95lb/hp

Mustang -- 6.83lb/hp

Aston Martin V8 Vantage -- 6.51lb/hp

The power to weight ratios for the already present vehicles are somewhat high compared to the regulations, but the 124 R-GT car wouldn't be that far off. The rated horsepower output is given as 300hp flat, with the weight being unreleased but estimated at about 2250lb (40ish less than the road car). In theory the car's smaller size and nimbler handling could make it competitive in the rally GT class as it stands currently, but a horsepower bump or weight reduction could bring it to a similar power to weight ratio as the other cars in the Rally GT class in game. Even a small bump of only 30hp up to a total of 330bhp brings the P2W ratio down to 6.81lb/hp which is inline with the cars already present and not out of the realm of possibilities of the 1.8L Turbo 4 derived from the Alfa 4C, which has been modified by tuning companies to exceed 450hp in the 4C, so 330bhp is a feasible and likely reliable number. 

Let me know what you think about this car possibly making its way into the game. I personally think it should have been a no brainer as a day one release, especially with the Fiat license already being present for the 131 Abarth, but evidently Codies seemed to disagree. I think it would be a valuable addition to the game because it would provide a low weight, "low" power vehicle in the Rally GT class that could still be competitive. It would stand out from the other high horsepower options in the Rally GT class and offer a uniquely different driving experience then others in its respective class. I think this uniqueness is what makes the 124 R-GT a shoe in for a future DLC vehicle, because it would stand out from the others in its class rather than blending in, which I think is a bit of an issue for the most recent additions where I personally think some of the new cars from the "4WD up to 2000cc" class are so similar that they don't quite have the uniqueness to differentiate them from the other offerings in said class. I think when you pay money for an additional car, you want the experience of driving that car to be different from cars you already have, something lacking from the previous car releases, but definitely offered by the 124 R-GT.

And since I'm making car suggestions, personally I'd love to see two things make a come back, and a third new addition. 

1) The Seat Brand

With VW and Skoda already present, the licensing from VAG to use the Seat brand can't be too far out of reach.

2) The return of the F2 Kit Car Class 

This was by far my favorite class in Dirt 4, the FWD, "high" horsepower nature of these cars makes them unique to drive compared to other offerings in the game. I suspect others did not find them as entertaining as I did, but porting them over seems feasible, the question would be if it's popular enough to actually make it happen. And yeah you can probably guess from my first point that the Seat Ibiza Kit Car was my preference in the class. 

3) The partial un-restriction of cross discipline racing. 

By this I mean opening up the RX cars to regular rally and vice-versa. In theory, licensing restrictions on the WRX cars may prevent codies from being allowed to let them loose on the rally stages. However, the inclusion of the Super 1600 RX class really grinds my gears because S1600 is a wide form of entry level rallying and yet I'm restricted from using the S1600 cars to only RX events. I mean yes realistically the S1600 class in game is RX specifc with important rally related things like a co-driver seat and headlights being removed to save weight. It just seems like adding a rally specifc S1600 class using the current models with added bits could be an easy way to expand the game's playable options. If the cross discipline idea is implemented, even if only in custom championships, I think it still adds value to the game for a low initial investment. 

Share your thoughts on my ideas, I'd love to hear them. 

🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Abarth 124 Spider Rally missing from Dirt Rally 2.0 a lot.

The 124 Spider is indeed a car that I would love to see in the game.

F2 cars will come eventually because the Nissan F2 was leaked a few weeks back. Adding that car on its own won't happen so expect atleast one other F2 car.

9 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

La 124 Spider è davvero un'auto che mi piacerebbe vedere nel gioco.

Le auto F2 arriveranno alla fine perché la Nissan F2 è trapelata qualche settimana fa. Aggiungendo quell'auto da sola non succederà, quindi aspettati almeno un'altra vettura F2.

season 3?? is possible? i hope F2 class, rally greece,rally finland, fiat 124 abarth?? 

it would be the addition of a true RGT

14 hours ago, ale81udine said:

season 3?? is possible? i hope F2 class, rally greece,rally finland, fiat 124 abarth?? 

it would be the addition of a true RGT

Season three looks more and more likely. Honestly, I'm 90% sure there will be a season three.

The content of that season on the other hand is rather more difficult to guess. I predict that it will contain two F2 cars (Nissan and Peugeot) and at least two WRC cars from the early 2000's (Focus and Impreza from 2001).  

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

La terza stagione sembra sempre più probabile. Onestamente, sono sicuro al 90% che ci sarà una terza stagione.

D'altra parte, il contenuto di quella stagione è piuttosto difficile da indovinare. Prevedo che conterrà due auto F2 (Nissan e Peugeot) e almeno due auto WRC dei primi anni 2000 (Focus e Impreza del 2001).  

I hope for that. the K11  kit-car class is an icon of the 90s like the A8 group, it was not a sensible choice to leave it out. with this addition codemasters remedies a big mistake.