Sign in to follow this  

Why does the sound cut out randomly

I'm playing on standard XB1, doing the weekly challenge, and the in game sound stops and a crackle is heard from the speakers. I then somehow slug it to the end of the stage, quit to the menus, the sound returns, I start the next stage, having lost tens of positions on the challenge leaderboard due to the incident. And at the second sector of the stage, THE SOUND STOPS AGAIN!!!! If you are featuring completely randomized sound cutting out in your game, at least have the mercy to include a restart stage button, this is just torture. For a 90€ game to have this kind of critical bug still not fixed in 2 months is just unforgivable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

It's also happening on the PC side... was in a middle of a stage and everything went quiet except for the "crackle" whenever i did something with the mouse or wheel inputs.

Very sad to read that bug sound is present in the update 1.4.

Personally I take this as the most serious problem of the whole game.

Experienced the sound cut out bug as well.
Just a few minutes ago, middle of a RX event 😞

I've got this problem on PC as well. Codemasters please fix it!!

I had this happen to me before the 1.5 update. Will have to see if it still happens after this update.

Although, I've heard this can be a workaround.

If you set your audio properties to CD quality (44100), it should fix that. 

In Windows 10:
- Right click the speaker icon on the bottom right, "Open Sound settings"
- Click on the blue text "Device properties" under "Output Device"
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Set the dropdown box there to CD quality.

I tried this today and after doing 7 stages in Germany, 2 rally daily challenges and the Weekly A.I Rallycross challenge I did not get any audio cuts.

I'll play it some more over the next few days and will see if the audio bug reappears.

Okay, been playing it some more and I still haven't had any audio cuts. Which is a good sign.

I'll see if I can get through the rest of this Career season without any audio cuts.

same issue with me on xbox one.  I have to pause.  Go to another screen like xbox store, and click on a video clip or something to hear sound.  Then go back in game, unpause and the sound starts again (usually).

On 6/20/2019 at 1:01 AM, jbruns29 said:

same issue with me on xbox one.  I have to pause.  Go to another screen like xbox store, and click on a video clip or something to hear sound.  Then go back in game, unpause and the sound starts again (usually).

Thank you for the tip, now I don't have to restart the game every time it happens. Also, I can confirm that this bug still persists on XB1 as of today.

Posted (edited)

I just experienced this sound bug on PC in a single player event - Custom event. Right in the middle of the stage engine sounds and co-driver call disappeared and only the surface sounds and a 'crackeling' noise in the background. Why is this bug not fixed after 4.5 months :classic_blink:

I did not know about the fix suggestion above beforehand, so had to abandon my event after 3 stages - thanks for nothing...

Edited by deadmeat2k

On 6/20/2019 at 12:01 AM, jbruns29 said:

I will try your tip when it will happen the next time. (Thanks for the sharing :classic_wink:)

For information, the last week, when I was playing in a club championship, I still had that loss of sound during 2 rally specials in New Zealand. It's quite annoying ; especially when you drive only with the copilot instructions.

People of Codemasters, please, can you definitely fix that bug ?